1. New to Warmane, which class is most in demand??

Hi all,

WoW is downloading as i type this and i've been scrolling the forums trying to find which class to play.

I played Hunter to 80 on retail and then stopped playing but wanting to get back into it.

So, to all the people on here, which is the most in demand class? (obviously tank/healer) but specifically which one? Is there any that are too saturated?

Whats the PVE/PVP like? Who has the furthest raid progression so far?

Cheers guys

2. For reference (no particular order of demand):

Tanks - Warrior, Death Knight, Paladin, Druid

Ranged Dps - Mage, Warlock, Hunter, Shaman, Druid, Priest

Melee Dps - Rogue, Warrior, Death Knight, Paladin, Druid, Shaman

Pure Dps - Rogue, Mage, Hunter, Warlock

Hybrid Caster Dps (healing class) - Shaman, Druid, Priest

Hybrid Melee Dps (healing class) - Paladin, Shaman, Druid

Ranged Dps (not a healing class) - Mage, Warlock, Hunter

Melee Dps (not a healing class) - Rogue, Warrior, Death Knight

Healers - Paladin, Shaman, Druid, Priest
    Edited: August 22, 2018

3. Locks are in high demand. That's generally speaking.

4. Healers of all sorts are in demand it seems. But that's the deal everywhere.

5. Alliance side atm:

rsham/ele sham (guilds and pugs)<10% heroism bot, chain heal and totems bot
    hunter (prog guilds, some pugs)<10% for end game content (few spots however)
    Lock dps (all) <5% this is because Lock is very boring and is a summon stone bot sbolt spam tbh, demo only real build
    priest (depends on the month, sometimes many sometimes none; many alt priest as a result)<10% hard to play

ferals and enh have low rates too but their spots are typically replaced by warr, death knight and bear tank, they are also hard to play (buffs and perceived better dps)
    seemingly rare atm (perhaps from patches) : balance druid, fury warrior

also perhaps because nature of expansion and how strong the class is -

hpala (prog guilds, pugs), ret pala (pugs) prot pala (pugs) but pala also has the most volatile population and demand as well, probably account for 20% of realm in general

rest there are plenty, esp plate dps

however, you should play what you want to play above all and master all specs for that class imo
    Edited: August 22, 2018

6. PvE

Roles based on what the server needs the most:
    Tanks: Paladin > Death Knight - Druid | Pick any of these.
    Healers: Priest - Shaman - Paladin - Druid | Pick any of these.
    R DPS: Warlock, Druid, Priest > Mage, Hunter, Shaman | Based on what server's lacking.
    M DPS: Druid > Rogue > Warrior - Death Knight* - Paladin > Shaman | Based on what server's lacking. *Higher if Frost.
    Edited: August 22, 2018 Reason: added title

7. I feel like this server is pretty open as long as the GS and skill is there. My suggestion is play what you will enjoy.

8. I feel like this server is pretty open as long as the GS and skill is there. My suggestion is play what you will enjoy.
    Ofcourse it doesn't matter if you are full bis. The issue is getting that gear. It's much easier to get into runs as boomkin / demo lock than as a ret paladin. Obviously, that's not a primary factor when choosing a class, but it is still a factor. If you narrowed the selection down to 2 - 3 classes, higher demand of one classs than others can be a deciding factor.

9. there is everything on this server, however, i dont see enough retri paladins

10. Play a retri to get guaranteed gear in VoA 25.

11. with the server pop the way it is, the demand for anything is not a real thing. its easy to fill any role so play what you like most

12. with the server pop the way it is, the demand for anything is not a real thing. its easy to fill any role so play what you like most
    Well that's just not true. Finding tanks, let alone competent ones, is difficult even for god damn RDFs and VoAs.

And "play what you like most" is easier said than done. How the hell are you supposed to know what you like most before trying it? There are 10 classes in this game. Narrowing down to 2-3 that you MIGHT like is common, and choosing one of those 2-3 might be an issue, so factors like "which one is more in demand" are important.
    Edited: August 27, 2018