1. [Choice] Mage / Lock / Priest PVP

Greetings,

Long time no see friends. Today at work I've decided I'm comming back to wow. My whole life I was playing a rogue, but I feel like I need to try something different.

I'm looking for a class that will be OP, easy to play and kill everything in sight (give me the biggest, strongest and cheapest pvp class you have lol ;) )

But seriously now, I want to try a caster, but I dont quite remember which ones were stronger than the others in PVP in 3.3.5. I dont care about leveling, even if it sucks, I'll eventually do it.

My choices are: a mage, a worlock or a nun.
    Which one would be most fun (I dont need to kill everything, I want to enjoy the slaughter) of them?
    Also, how would you describe their differences (dont point me that one uses arcane magic while the other uses demonology).

Cheers,
    Sloniu

2. Tbh, Hop on blackrock realm and try out classes and see what ya like

3. Any of them is good, they got potential in good hands. Mage have the highest skill cap however

4. Shadow priest - Instant stun, instant fear, instant silence, instant immortality, and Dots, you can even go cheap mode and spam devouring plague while running.
    Warlocks, at least Destro have great constant burst and high damage that goes out quick, but much lower surviveability.
    Mages are put somewhere in the middle of the damage / cc but all around very capable in the hands of a skilled player.

5. Thanks for the answers, right now I'm leveling a lock. It will be a pain in the butt to master him, or at least be decent, but it seems casters are much harder than melee.

How are locks on battlegrounds? I mean are all specs viable, or only destro rules?

Also while leveling (level 30ish so far) I've noticed I am having a hard time fighting mobs with same level or slightly higher than mine, if there is a social group and I pull 3 of them, it gets really messy, even my void friendo cant keep up sometimes. I've rolled affli for leveling, and it feels quite weak tbh, after 5 mobs I get OOM, from full HP I can tap 3 times, which doesn't even get half of my mana back. Am I doing something wrong?
    My current rotation is:
    - immolate
    - corrption
    - affliction (or w/e that curse is called)
    - a few shadowbolts
    - souldrain to finish mob off to regain some mana.

6. Thanks for the answers, right now I'm leveling a lock. It will be a pain in the butt to master him, or at least be decent, but it seems casters are much harder than melee.

How are locks on battlegrounds? I mean are all specs viable, or only destro rules?

Also while leveling (level 30ish so far) I've noticed I am having a hard time fighting mobs with same level or slightly higher than mine, if there is a social group and I pull 3 of them, it gets really messy, even my void friendo cant keep up sometimes. I've rolled affli for leveling, and it feels quite weak tbh, after 5 mobs I get OOM, from full HP I can tap 3 times, which doesn't even get half of my mana back. Am I doing something wrong?
    My current rotation is:
    - immolate
    - corrption
    - affliction (or w/e that curse is called)
    - a few shadowbolts
    - souldrain to finish mob off to regain some mana.
    Speaking of PvP, I'd say affliction warlock is SLIGHTLY better than destruction.

Aff locks do more damage over a longer period of time and have easier time surviving - that's basically what you want if you are tryharding in PvP.

Destro locks have bigger burst (more damage in short period of time), so it can be quite fun to nuke someone down before they are able to heal or do anything. Objectively speaking, though, that's not the strongest spec (even though it's good, affliction is better).

As for leveling, everyone has a difficult time solo fighting several mobs simultaneously - especially casters and especially in x7 rate server, where you get out of zones before getting appropiate gear. Avoid getting outnumbered and you are good. It's been some time after I leveled up a warlock, but as far as I remember, your pet should do everything for you? You can basically wand-hit them and not use any mana at all (at least when you are oom / close to oom), voidwalker has all the damage and tankiness you need.
    Edited: August 24, 2018

7. Dots as affliction are useless for leveling, Affliction only get good at lvl 70+ go destro specc for improved shadowbolt and just spam shadowbolt, dots is just a waste of time and mana while being under lvl 70 ish.

8. Dots as affliction are useless for leveling, Affliction only get good at lvl 70+ go destro specc for improved shadowbolt and just spam shadowbolt, dots is just a waste of time and mana while being under lvl 70 ish.
    Absolutely disagree. At higher levels, Siphon Life and Haunt + Life Tap means you will never, ever have to drink.