1. Battleground matchmaking balance

Basing on the total gearscore of a player, the battleground matchmaking will find matches and could guarantee some sort of balance, at the moment anybody is matched with anybody and that's just not feeling well in-game, a lot of players are complaining about it and it's just getting worse by every day passing.

For exemple: I'm a high-end warrior 6k GS with 2k resilience player, i shouldn't be matched with a 2k GS PVP casual.
    That's not a suggestion, this is an open debate so i could get people opinions.

2. Its been suggested like a 100 times and nothing has ever come of it. As it is we don't even have cross-realm PvP yet

3. Basing on the total gearscore of a player, the battleground matchmaking will find matches and could guarantee some sort of balance, at the moment anybody is matched with anybody and that's just not feeling well in-game, a lot of players are complaining about it and it's just getting worse by every day passing.

For exemple: I'm a high-end warrior 6k GS with 2k resilience player, i shouldn't be matched with a 2k GS PVP casual.
    That's not a suggestion, this is an open debate so i could get people opinions.
    In my opinion, that's not a good suggestion. For horde side - maybe, but alliance players suffer from a huge 10 - 15 minute queue almost every damn time. I could only imagine the time I would have to wait with my full bis ret paladin if they would actually look for full bis horde only.

Also, battlegrounds are not as competitive as most of you make it out to be. We have no ranking system, no battleground ladder or anything. Why is it such a big deal if most of your matches are not equal (by that I mean not only that you get stomped, but you get to do the stomping as well)? Who cares, gg and go next.

4. For exemple: I'm a high-end warrior 6k GS with 2k resilience player, i shouldn't be matched with a 2k GS PVP casual.
    Maybe it should actually match you with 2k GS players, because apparently you have no idea what the heck you are doing.

On to the topic: Even if it sounds like a good idea, it will never be implemented. As Lawwl said, random battlegrounds are exactly as the name implies completely random, there's nothing competitive about them whatsoever and custom matchmaking rules won't change anything about that.

5. I will take my gear off, queue, then put it on.

6. there's nothing competitive about them whatsoever
    I guess you never played av bgs who lasted for hours, only to end with a score of 1 - 0 because both teams were equal, nobody could burn towers or kill mini or even kill eachother. Bgs CAN be competitive, spare me that "bgs aren't competitive" bull. And not only AV bgs have the chance to be competitive. There are other bgs that are viable, all you need are 2 teams who are equal in strength. Or what exactly do you consider "competitive" ? You don't need a matchmaking rating for bgs, all you need to do is put geared people vs geared people and gearless vs gearless. That's it.

Ofc you have a broken mentality of "there's nothing competitive about bgs" if all your bgs are lowbies vs geared.

"random battlegrounds are exactly as the name implies completely random" ... indeed, you can enter av, sota, isle, etc, you'll get inside one of those bgs at RANDOM. Get it ? RANDOM BG. You can still keep the RANDOM part even if you pair geared vs geared and gearless vs gearless. It's not like if you get paired geared vs geared, the RANDOM bg part suddenly vanishes.

As the name implies, it's random BG not random team.

7. I guess you never played av bgs who lasted for hours, only to end with a score of 1 - 0 because both teams were equal, nobody could burn towers or kill mini or even kill eachother. Bgs CAN be competitive, spare me that "bgs aren't competitive" bull. And not only AV bgs have the chance to be competitive. There are other bgs that are viable, all you need are 2 teams who are equal in strength. Or what exactly do you consider "competitive" ? You don't need a matchmaking rating for bgs, all you need to do is put geared people vs geared people and gearless vs gearless. That's it.

Ofc you have a broken mentality of "there's nothing competitive about bgs" if all your bgs are lowbies vs geared.

"random battlegrounds are exactly as the name implies completely random" ... indeed, you can enter av, sota, isle, etc, you'll get inside one of those bgs at RANDOM. Get it ? RANDOM BG. You can still keep the RANDOM part even if you pair geared vs geared and gearless vs gearless. It's not like if you get paired geared vs geared, the RANDOM bg part suddenly vanishes.

As the name implies, it's random BG not random team.
    If you want something to be competitive, there has to be a system where you can see triumphs of players. If you are competing somewhere, you want to get something as a reward. In all COMPETITIVE games, that reward is rank. If you are freaking good at it, you should be able to see that you are in top 5 players of the server or something like that. With rank, losses hurt so much more and cause a lot of frustration. Consequently, wins make you so much happier because you feel like you actually achieved something. Are you implying there is anything competitive about CS:GO casual game mode? LoL normal draft? Any other game mode with no ranking system? Nobody gives a crap about that ****. If you win a battleground, you gain a little more honor than the losing team and +1 progress to your veteran achievement, that's it. Since your wins don't mean anything (just as much as loses don't mean anything, since you actually don't lose anything), there is literally NOTHING competitive about it.

And I really don't know what you are talking about with that AV argument. "I guess you never played av bgs who lasted for hours, only to end with a score of 1 - 0 because both teams were equal". No, I haven't and I don't have an illusion that I ever will. Unless you are constantly playing with a huge premade, you have a slight chance of running into another premade - that might be an interesting game. But if you are running solo, games like that happen once in a blue moon. The only AV/IoC battle that lasted more than 1 hour for me, was against a multiboxer(s). They just stand in front of the end-boss and kill everything that moves. Is that what competitive means to you? : )

8. Since your wins don't mean anything (just as much as loses don't mean anything, since you actually don't lose anything), there is literally NOTHING competitive about it.
    As long as you'll get more honor by winning than losing there will still be competition between both teams in battlegrounds that is common sense

9. As long as you'll get more honor by winning than losing there will still be competition between both teams in battlegrounds that is common sense
    Well, let's agree to disagree, I guess. I certainly don't feel any kind of anxiety when playing battlegrounds, any kind of sadness/anger/frustration when losing or getting stomped and any kind of happiness/joy or even euphoria when winning. I should feel all those things when playing a competitive game. I feel those things when I play CS:GO ranked (that's named literally Competitive Game) and I don't feel those things when I play CS:GO not-ranked (that's literally named Casual game mode). I feel those things when I play league of legends ranked solo and I don't feel those things when I play league of legends normal game. I have never felt anything like that in battlegrounds and I never will (at least as long as we have no ranking system).

10. I'm a high-end warrior 6k GS with 2k resilience player Poggers

11. Well, let's agree to disagree, I guess. I certainly don't feel any kind of anxiety when playing battlegrounds, any kind of sadness/anger/frustration when losing or getting stomped and any kind of happiness/joy or even euphoria when winning. I should feel all those things when playing a competitive game. I feel those things when I play CS:GO ranked (that's named literally Competitive Game) and I don't feel those things when I play CS:GO not-ranked (that's literally named Casual game mode). I feel those things when I play league of legends ranked solo and I don't feel those things when I play league of legends normal game. I have never felt anything like that in battlegrounds and I never will (at least as long as we have no ranking system).
    The point still stands. The fact you don't feel anything on bgs or that you "only" receive honor doesn't mean they ain't competitive, because they may be. If two premades queue and meet up in a bg and if both teams try their best to win, why shouldn't it be competitive? It seems to me that you're just showing us your personal tastes...

12. The point still stands. The fact you don't feel anything on bgs or that you "only" receive honor doesn't mean they ain't competitive, because they may be. If two premades queue and meet up in a bg and if both teams try their best to win, why shouldn't it be competitive? It seems to me that you're just showing us your personal tastes...
    How did any of stuff I just said is showing more personal tastes than you? Ofcourse we are all speaking from our own perspective, I can't speak for everyone. And neither can you.

I am unfamiliar with being a premade and making strategic shotcalls over voice comm and actually having someone who listens to those shot calls - I am a solo guy. Do you think majority of the playerbase queues with premades or go solo? : )

I have no idea why did you put only in quotation marks - in-game currency (which you also get if you lose the game. Just a bit less) is the smallest reward imaginable in a video game. Losing the battleground doesn't mean **** but I am starting to feel I am repeating myself over and over again, so I guess I will stop after this comment. Let's agree to disagree. If you think battlegrounds are competitive - that's fine by me. But IN MY OPINION, in competitions your actions have to mean something.

13. Oh boy, such a long list of bull. Where to begin.

"there has to be a system where you can see triumphs of players." ... why ? So far 2 other people told you that you don't need mmr or other stuff for a bg to be competitive. Fighting for more honor or for more kills or whatever, even for a win is enough to make a battleground competitive. Even the grudge between the 2 factions can be enough to make it competitive.

"you want to get something as a reward" ... this here is where your problem stands. You are obsessed with getting something. For you, just honor, kills, the thrill of fighting equal teams aren't enough.

"In all COMPETITIVE games, that reward is rank" ... again with this obsession. Dude, you DON'T need a damn rank to make a bg competitive. Stop playing vs lowbies or with lowbies and find yourself a good team to join a bg and fight vs other geared people. Once you get into a propper bg you'll see bgs can be competitive.

"you should be able to see that you are in top 5 players of the server or something like that" ... facepalm. Again with this obsession. Will i see this more in this post of yours ? i'm responding as i read it.

"wins make you so much happier because you feel like you actually achieved something" ... so let me get this . Here are 2 examples.

Example 1 - both teams, equally geared and skilled fight and struggle to win the bg. The bg ends with a score of 1 - 0 after a few hours of battle. What did they get ? Well, honor, kills and the joy / thrill of seeing those resource numbers go down one by one, not knowing which team will win and trying to do their best to be the winner like 9 - 8 , 8-8, 7-8, 7-7, 6-7, 5-7 etc down to 1-0 / 0-1.

Example 2 - same as above but this time they win some bull rank or whatever.

Tell me, the fight from example 1, is it or is it not competitive ? Try to keep it simple : yes or no.

"you feel like you actually achieved something" ... as i said in the previous response, go join a propper team and fight vs equally skilled and geared teams and see how you feel at the end when / if you win. Is your win worth less just because you don't win some crappy rank ?

"If you win a battleground, you gain a little more honor than the losing team " ... in this case honor doesn't matter even tho that little extra honor or those extra kills can make a bg competitive. Oh wait, i forgot, to you that doesn't count unless you get to show off with something.

"No, I haven't and I don't have an illusion that I ever will" ... I'm done. In this case then shut up.

"games like that happen once in a blue moon" ... i played both with premades vs premades and with randoms vs randoms and with randoms vs premades in bgs that ended like the example above. But do you know why games like that are rare ? Because 90% of the time, your team or the other team is full of gearless carried useless *****. So yeah, no wonder competitive bgs are rare.

"The only AV/IoC battle that lasted more than 1 hour for me, was against a multiboxer(s)" ... facepalm.

"Is that what competitive means to you?" ... double facepalm.

14. I am unfamiliar

Still posting wall of theorycrafting bull****.

15. been asked for before and denied on the basis that random battlegrounds are random. they have no interest in diving the pvp'ers into gear groups. deal with it.

123 ... Last