1. How exactly do you know anything about "real pvpers" or what they donate for. Do you track what people do immediately after they donate for pvp gear now? You just assume people donate only for arena when in reality you know nothing. You're just on the defensive because I implied you wouldn't do it because it would reduce donations. Which regardless of what you are saying will always be a consideration for the design ideas on this server, and everybody knows that fact.
    I work here and have for over 5 years. Call my opinion biased if you wish, but I'll take a big risk and say I know about the workings of our servers just a tiny, tiny bit better than you.

They have no inherit competivity outside of rated ones because of their current state of affairs. It is never a balanced fight. and what do rated bgs have to do with this? there are no rated bgs on the wrath server. thats the problem to begin with.
    They have no inherent competitivity because they weren't made thinking of tryhards, but of people just wanting some messy PvP fun. Rated are what they later made for that. Rated have everything to do with it exactly because of that. The fact Rated didn't exist in Wrath of the Lich King just makes it blatant that competitivity wasn't a concern back at that expansion. When you have to have multiple factors outside your control happen simultaneously for one match to be competitive by chance, you have something not designed for competitivity, and we're just emulating it as it was for this expansion.

2. I don't think they could implement this even if they wanted to.

3. I work here and have for over 5 years. Call my opinion biased if you wish, but I'll take a big risk and say I know about the workings of our servers just a tiny, tiny bit better than you.

They have no inherent competitivity because they weren't made thinking of tryhards, but of people just wanting some messy PvP fun. Rated are what they later made for that. Rated have everything to do with it exactly because of that. The fact Rated didn't exist in Wrath of the Lich King just makes it blatant that competitivity wasn't a concern back at that expansion. When you have to have multiple factors outside your control happen simultaneously for one match to be competitive by chance, you have something not designed for competitivity, and we're just emulating it as it was for this expansion.
    Your opinion isn't bias its just ignorant. You think you know everything but in actuality you clearly don't.

If warmane is trying to emulate it as it was for this expansion you're actually doing a poor job since bgs on wotlk warmane never play out like they were on retail. The experience for the player is entirely different. If it wasnt, this thread wouldn't even exist. Competitivity innately existed in wrath retail bgs because there wasnt a huge gear and skill divide that is found on warmane. It was carried over from vanilla and bc where bgs were also taken much more seriously. Especially vanilla since there was no arena and also no battlegroups. The biggest thing that made random bgs uncompetitive in wrath was honor farming bots, and even with that scourge they were still often competitive and actually had the potential to be exhilarating at times.

You seem to think that an environment where the mechanics are in place, working as intended, is the best case scenario for some reason. Its pretty obvious it actually isnt, since as it stands only 50% of the people in bgs have any fun 99.9% of the time. Custom tweaks would actually be a good thing since warmane is so different than retail was. Custom tweaks would make bgs more like they were in retail wrath. more blizzlike, and more fun on average.

But hey what will you ever be able to comprehend about pvp? According to you its a waste of time in any sense, competitive or steamroll. A statement which clearly shows you are unable and/or unwilling to really critically think about pvp or what could be best for it.

4. Your opinion isn't bias its just ignorant. You think you know everything but in actuality you clearly don't.
    Since I'm so ignorant, and you're so enlightened, where's that list of players who donated for the sole purpose of doing Battlegrounds again? It's the second time I ask for it and you should be eager to show how ignorant I am about the place I have worked at for so long and the behavior of our players.

If warmane is trying to emulate it as it was for this expansion you're actually doing a poor job since bgs on wotlk warmane never play out like they were on retail. The experience for the player is entirely different. If it wasnt, this thread wouldn't even exist. Competitivity innately existed in wrath retail bgs because there wasnt a huge gear and skill divide that is found on warmane. It was carried over from vanilla and bc where bgs were also taken much more seriously. Especially vanilla since there was no arena and also no battlegroups. The biggest thing that made random bgs uncompetitive in wrath was honor farming bots, and even with that scourge they were still often competitive and actually had the potential to be exhilarating at times.
    We're emulating how the expansion worked. We aren't responsible for how players behave. We're also not responsible if you're stuck in nostalgia of "how it was initially." Players evolved, tactics evolved, playing the game evolved. This server has been in the same expansion for years and is going to stay like that. We don't do custom tweaks because you find out that you only liked an expansion "initially."

You seem to think that an environment where the mechanics are in place, working as intended, is the best case scenario for some reason. Its pretty obvious it actually isnt, since as it stands only 50% of the people in bgs have any fun 99.9% of the time. Custom tweaks would actually be a good thing since warmane is so different than retail was. Custom tweaks would make bgs more like they were in retail wrath. more blizzlike, and more fun on average.
    Read above. The server won't ever be "how it was in retail initially" because players aren't the same. That's something you have to accept or move on.

But hey what will you ever be able to comprehend about pvp? According to you its a waste of time in any sense, competitive or steamroll. A statement which clearly shows you are unable and/or unwilling to really critically think about pvp or what could be best for it.
    If you are unable to critically analyze something you dislike, don't project that inability on others. You're the one unable to critically think about it because of your nostalgia bias. Just like we aren't going to move Arena rewards to lower tiers because too few play the higher ones, or like we aren't going to give extra rewards for lower dungeons to "convince" people not interested in doing it anyways, we aren't about to force a segregating mechanic on Battlegrounds because you dream of a competitivity it wasn't really meant to have beyond win or lose.

5. Since you've done nothing in the thread besides some low-effort trolling before now, I'm not going to close it as I warned would happen the moment this turned into a suggestion thread. Stay out of it if that's all the "contribution" you'll have.

6. Since you've done nothing in the thread besides some low-effort trolling before now, I'm not going to close it as I warned would happen the moment this turned into a suggestion thread. Stay out of it if that's all the "contribution" you'll have.
    what do you expect from someone who faked their own death online for attention ?
    Edited: August 30, 2018

7. what do you expect from someone who faked their own death online for attention ?
    you got gbaited by somebody else, that post was nothing to do with me just some random making it. your stupidity has nothing to do with me.

8. Since I'm so ignorant, and you're so enlightened, where's that list of players who donated for the sole purpose of doing Battlegrounds again?
    Dunno how much you are informed(since you hate PVP), but anyone with 50k+ kills that has some teribad score in arena(barely over 50% W/L with BiS gear) and is struggling to get to and over 2k is generally considered a BG hero. So I don't think he was talking about people strictly donating for BiS gear to only play BG's, but about people that buy BiS gear, see that they are getting stomped in arenas and then stick to BG's where they can dominate.

9. The only thing, from my pov, that can be implemented to make BGs a bit more balanced when it comes to Gear is to put minimum GS req just like there is one in RDF system.
    But again, i doubt that would help anyone eather...
    The problem is not the system, its the mentality of this comunity and the overall world mentality which is sadly:
    "I live, I inhale, give me free stuff."
    U want something, u have to work ur way to earn it.
    As for competetive BGs, keep quing as premade untill u face another premade.

10. Dunno how much you are informed(since you hate PVP), but anyone with 50k+ kills that has some teribad score in arena(barely over 50% W/L with BiS gear) and is struggling to get to and over 2k is generally considered a BG hero. So I don't think he was talking about people strictly donating for BiS gear to only play BG's, but about people that buy BiS gear, see that they are getting stomped in arenas and then stick to BG's where they can dominate.
    He implied that we don't change this because it would affect donations. The only way that could be true is if there were people who only donated to do Battlegrounds, but who wouldn't anymore if there were changes. Anyone who donates for other reasons wouldn't lose any of their motivation to donate if changes to Battlegrounds happened.

11. its either dominate or get dominated it seems when it comes to bg. never really a fair fight somehow.

12. its either dominate or get dominated it seems when it comes to bg. never really a fair fight somehow.
    There is only one guild wich fights till the end regardless of situation - The Knight Templar.
    Other "pvpers" are leaving ship like rats when it comes to clear lose.

13. There is only one guild wich fights till the end regardless of situation - The Knight Templar.
    Other "pvpers" are leaving ship like rats when it comes to clear lose.

Knights Templar are actually very good at farming 2k GS in battlegrounds, and they are one of the reason of why i've created this thread.
    Why would premade people would be allowed to be matched against non-premade persons? since they're able to communicate (often via Discord or any VOIP software) they're way more organized and so they've a bigger chance to win.

14. Make ur own premades and communicate or just deal with it.

I always solo q as horde and ally.. always the same crap and a 50/50 win rate

15. sorry i do not mean to be rude or something jkust tossing my 2 cent idea.... have you ever had the idea that staff dont give a **** about pvp here? we see teh game in player perspective. tehy see it about dev perspective which is quite the opposite view. Just relax and play normally without getting too stressed. this is a fun server after all.

PVP and battlegrounds are not depending ffrom the devs whim, but fro ppl behaviour... i saw many topics "Go ally for pvp for human racial" and ppl complain about it. Is that a dev issue or community?? do not accuse staff for these things.

Want bg balance? start making horde pvp guilds and premade you will see things will get better.
    Edited: September 3, 2018

First 1234 Last