1. Battlegrounds are non-existent, global chat is pretty much dead. Is server dead?

Greetings.

I went on /who, no bgs were in progress. Global chat had 5 messages a minute. Stormwind was a ghost town. How come the server has ~3k population? Are they all lvling or is it simply a lie?

Is it even worth lvling there? Seems like a nice server rates wise.

Thanks in advance.

2. yep, its dead for a while now, its nowhere near 3k, maybe under little under 1k, who knows

3. Not dead. Stick around longer, and you'll find many players scattered across the world.

While global chat is indicative of a server's activity, you shouldn't be solely dependent on that. Join any guild, or whisper players one at a time and the results can do better.

And after playing here for more than a year, I've just met people here who aren't articulate or not fluent in English. Like I said, it sometimes take patience and intimacy to reach out to players.

The state of BGs and PvP at large is pretty bad though. With limited players at lvl 80 and only one option to queue either RDF or RBG, most players tend to stick with PvE as it's more familiar and provide better rewards. In mornings, sometimes queues can take 30 minutes long. For 19 and 79 twinks, they only have a chance from evening till midnight.

August is also a "down" month: Europeans preferring to stay outdoors before the summer ends, and Asians getting swamped in their first term of studies. And not to mention Battle for Azeroth's recent launch. It gets more active again by October.

To be fair with your assumption though, there had been many complaints of Lordaeron's population "dying" all the way back to 2017 even with 6k population. Community custodians kept defending 5k is far from dead... then 4k... 3k. Look at how the pop is reduced now, and these guys have given up defending.

I haven't given up though. With my guild, I put in work and share the knowledge and values to newbies everytime I step in to the game. When you sweep up complacency and put your heart in the game, I believe any server will live on.

4. Server seems really busy to me. There are players everywhere. In fact, there are so many players that questing is slow because so many doing the same objectives.

I used to play medium pop on retail and this server seems busier than that. Oddly the trade chat does seem quiet though.

5. It might be something to do with when you are online. Try 17.00ST+, it gets really busy. And idk about global chat, I always see so much chat there it's insane.

6. Majority of the server pop is leveling, you should go on /who and try to count every person on each level to 79.

7. I've been following the population numbers closely for the past month or so, and the busiest it gets is in the evening, after 18pm. 4.5k people, that's 2250 people per faction. Dunno if that's considered Normal population on Retail, but when I started playing Lordaeron had 12k people + queues, then Icecrown came and since then the population has been dwindling slowly but steadily. A year ago it was 5.5 - 6k ppl at its busiest, now it's 4.5. If we follow the trend in about a year it will be 3.5 at its busiest and so on. Is that considered a dying server? Yes I'd say. I don't even queue for dungeons during the day, not enough people to queue up with, 30min + in queue is not worth it.
    In a nutshell, this server is only alive between 18pm and 23pm - these are my observations.

The question is: how to attract more people (from Icecrown or otherwise) into playing on Lordaeron?

There's another issue that's quite annoying due to the lack of attention on in on behalf of the admins: the quest bugs in Outland and especially Northrend. What is frustrating is that THE VERY SAME BUGS that I have encountered a year ago while leveling a character STILL EXIST TODAY while I was leveling another character. Players are reporting the bugs in the bugtracker like crazy, very devoted indeed, but no action is being taken. That's sad
    Edited: September 27, 2018

8. I don't even queue for dungeons during the day, not enough people to queue up with, 30min + in queue is not worth it.
    Thats because tanks and healers are too busy playing dps. Tanks have insta pop in RDF any time. But plate/feral dps are just too stubborn and stupid to know whats best for them.

The question is: how to attract more people (from Icecrown or otherwise) into playing on Lordaeron?
    Tell them they can play on lordaeron while waiting in queue for icecrown at the same time (with same account too), after afew days of playing they will realise its not worth waiting to enter Icecrown.

There's another issue that's quite annoying due to the lack of attention on in on behalf of the admins: the quest bugs in Outland and especially Northrend. What is frustrating is that THE VERY SAME BUGS that I have encountered a year ago while leveling a character STILL EXIST TODAY while I was leveling another character. Players are reporting the bugs in the bugtracker like crazy, very devoted indeed, but no action is being taken. That's sad
    Thats no diferent in Icecrown, both realms share the same core, when one thing is fixed on one realm, it also gets fixed in the other.