1. Is it too late to start on Outland?

I have a Pally who’s only level 47. Is there still time to get him to 70 and raid with him, or am I wasting my time?

2. Given the lack of solid TBC servers this is your best bet, besides given the population size its not that unlikely that there is plenty of other players in the same situation as you, might take some extra effort to find them but, ye, still very doable.
    Not sure if its relevant for private servers but I only started raiding TBC content just after Sunwell had gone live on retail and still managed to find solid guilds for most content.

3. I have a Pally who’s only level 47. Is there still time to get him to 70 and raid with him, or am I wasting my time?
    your level 47 correct?you can hit 70 really fast with 5x exps
    jump into some dungeons once you hit honored run heroics and boom your set and now with sunwell dailys making gold is so much easier
    you got plenty of time as sunwell only has 3 bosses opened atm alot of people on this server and i see pug groups looking for more for kara every day.

is your pally holy prot or ret?holy or prot and people will seek you out for raids

4. Leveling as Ret, but plan to Tank @ 70. What level would you recommend I respec Prot?

5. Leveling as Ret, but plan to Tank @ 70. What level would you recommend I respec Prot?
    if you plan on going prot at 70 i would say respec now and tank dungeons non stop.
    as a tank you should find groups really fast even for low level dungeons and raids.
    when you hit 58+ you can go to outland and start working on all the reps you need and thats easy to do when you can simply tank all the dungeons. you will get geared up fast as your the only tank in your groups so all tanking gear is yours.

you horde or ally?i would tell you to buy duel spec as its only 100g and make your 2nd spec holy,even more so if you plan on doing any pvp at all holy pallys are pretty dam good and horde could use more healers in bgs. even if you only pve having holy and a 2nd spec could land you a raid spot if said group has the tanks they need.

go prot now and get your gear cause if you wait until 70 no one is going to want to run with a fresh green 70 trying to tank in ret gear,see my point?tank now and at 70 you already got good tanking gear.

6. I'm not exactly up to date with wow current affairs so forgive my ignorance, but why would there not be time to level 10 characters to lvl 70 in OL ?