1. new player, where to start

sup, i'm new to the server & tbc in general, decided on playing a warrior as that is what I usually play in other xpacs. (just vanilla & retail legion, havent played bfa yet..)

I was wondering if someone could give me a short list of what major things I should do firstly to start PvPing. I heard the Blacksmithing hammer is really good so perhaps I should level blacksmithing? or is engineering as big of a thing as it is in vanilla. i'd like to get into arena's asap so anything you can suggest that i'd need would help :) I already got addons like gladdy etc from another guide but i'm just not sure where to start with gearing, if I should pvp for it or run dungeons too, what is an efficient way to get started for me

ps; i'm alliance btw

2. Mostly you just have to start grinding bgs as a free honor kill until you get enough resilience to not get one shot. So focus on being good utility instead of trying to kill anything. Despite being bitter about it I'll still suggest just buying Cataclysm's Edge from the shop like everyone else if you don't want to grind for the PvP weapon. I wouldn't know about blacksmithing. Like I said with **** gear you'd want to act as support, so the PvP trinket is more important than weapon in that case (so you can trinket and stun/MS/whatever). Don't underestimate your value as a fresh toon, you can do way more harm than people think (same reason you don't want a lowbie interfering when fighting another 70; they'll stun you and what not). There is blue PvP gear available if you get I think Honored with some factions (https://criticalqq.wordpress.com/200...up-for-70-pvp/). I have this gear on some of my characters and although you only get around 120 resilience it's still a start. Good luck.

3. sup, i'm new to the server & tbc in general, decided on playing a warrior as that is what I usually play in other xpacs. (just vanilla & retail legion, havent played bfa yet..)

I was wondering if someone could give me a short list of what major things I should do firstly to start PvPing. I heard the Blacksmithing hammer is really good so perhaps I should level blacksmithing? or is engineering as big of a thing as it is in vanilla. i'd like to get into arena's asap so anything you can suggest that i'd need would help :) I already got addons like gladdy etc from another guide but i'm just not sure where to start with gearing, if I should pvp for it or run dungeons too, what is an efficient way to get started for me

ps; i'm alliance btw
    along with what the other posters said i would add to it is just get to 70 as fast as you can and work on some outland rep on your way to 70. at honored you can buy savage pvp gear from a few fractions and thats a big help to a fresh toon jumping into pvp. at 70 grind bgs non stop and get the items you need most first and dont double down, like you get the savage rep head dont turn around and buy the s2 3 days later as thats a waste if you still got a level 60 green belt on, see my point?

also i would add that you join a 5 man arena team day 1 and just cap out for points once per week. win or lose you get points dont worry about rating saving points is the goal atm. once you get enough ap points saved you cna either find a better team and push for rating "you need rating for s4 gear" or just buy s3 gear. s3 gear requires no rating other then for shoulders and weapons and s3 gear is 2nd best only to s4, its really good gear but its a grind.

blacksmithing is a good profession and most pick it beacsue they want the crafted mace but heres the thing. the crafted mace and leveling of BS will cost you alot of gold and mats add to that s2 weapons are for honor and they are only a tad below the BS mace dps wise. the bs mace is around and s3 type of weapon and its really good early like in s1 or s2 when pvp weapons cost arena points for they harder to get. other then the mace BS now has a BIS chest that drops in sunwell great item but again its $$$$$$. so you cant go wrong with BS but doign so just for the mace is 50-50% atm.

like the other poster said if your fresh 70 your going to die alot in bgs but you can still be helpful unlike 70% of players i see "geared or not". stay close to the flags call incs help teammates, slow, fear and put MS up on a healer or EFC even if your going to die to do it 50% less healing is more then enough to allow an EFC or the like to die.

as far as TBC goes you picked the best time in wow history TBC is wow's peak/prime years and everyhting they had in classic was improved in TBC. fixes to pvp adding arena and rading in the TBC is the most hardcore ever, raids and the like are not noob friendly.

your ally?you should track down a warrior named enshadow hes always giving tons of gold away to new warriors to help them out
    if your lucky he might even buy your flying mount for you :)
    Edited: August 31, 2018