1. I can for sure say that some classes are left out, while warlocks and hunters are more favoured, however I don't feel the need for the boss nerf. It's definitely killable if everyone learns the fight and performs well enough. Yes, requirements are high, however this is the last tier, if it will be easy, what will come after it? Nothing, just people quitting.

2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gAQjX1oK6E

You can actually count 7+ healers on the world first SK kill, sorry, not 6.

3. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gAQjX1oK6E

You can actually count 7+ healers on the world first SK kill, sorry, not 6.
    I forgot this was blizzard retail tbc we were playing. You need to realize that this game is based on tbc, but is not identical. there is no possible way it could be 100% identical. once you understand and accept that, youll realize that you may need to do things a little differently than people/guilds/players did 10 years ago.

4. It is pity that OP have no idea of raiding, at least in tbc.

About class stack:
    Most of the decent guild have at least one enhance, two ele, one resto, sometimes even two resto
    So in a raid there is often consist of 5 shaman, or op dont even know about that?
    If you want to have the “no certain class or spec must be needed in raid” thing, please go to Wotlk server.

About difficulty of Brutallus:
    There is only 3 reason that you can kill boss, especially for Brutallus:
    1. You are much skillful player in PVE, which you minmax your own class and spec
    2. You have all people with BIS before killing the boss, which is overgearing the boss
    3. You use the best raid comb possible to get the best outcome of dps

Panacea and Promise certainly is using a mix of 1 and 2 to kill the boss,
    Murlock shop is using 4 glaives and get 3rd place in Brutallus, which is method 2.
    These are all acceptable kill, and they did multiple attempt before successful kill.

Now OP just want to boss to tuned down to be just able to down without those?
    So may be please tell me which guild you are at and let me laugh during your progression?

5. SK didnt got the world first kill and they had 7 healers not 7+ (whats that even mean?) and if they bring shamans with 7 fps, than you need to bring more :(

6. It's better this way, but it's a bit overtuned. I'd say the bosses should lose a bit of health, like 1 million with Brutallus case.

7. It's better this way, but it's a bit overtuned. I'd say the bosses should lose a bit of health, like 1 million with Brutallus case.
    If he lost 1 million HP we would have legit 2 shot him. Even that is too much.

8. problem with nerfing stuff is that the Guilds who accutally ''try hard'' getting bored, but u gotta consider that those guilds make like 2-4 out of like 25-30 guilds overall, what means the majority are casuals and if they can't kill stuff it make them leave/quit or w/e, best example for that is/was Lordaeron
    it will allways be hard to make it equal for both types of players
    Edited: August 30, 2018

9. Sunwell Plateau is meant to be the pinnacle of raiding. When it was designed, it was designed for guilds that had been farming Black Temple and Mount Hyjal for 30-40 weeks. At that point on retail, you have to consider that in my guild, our top dps at Brutallus did around 2300 dps.. Now consider the difference, we have players here already doing 3.5k dps on Brutallus. The difference is large and it's down to how things have been designed on this server.

If it was "Blizzlike".. Then the dps requirement would be LOWER than what you currently need to kill Teron Gorefiend in Black Temple.. consider that.

It NEEDS to be buffed up this high to be what it's supposed to be, a gear check. If you don't have enough gear, you shouldn't be able to kill the boss. Moreso, Brutallus was a benchmark set by Blizzard initially to prepare guilds for the dps checks that were to come further in the raid instance. It was done so tightly, because you needed MORE dps to kill M'uru and more to kill Kil'jaeden. It was intentional, to let you know that if you can't kill it, you shouldn't be there in the first place.

It's harsh, but Sunwell Plateau is the pinnacle of raiding in TBC and was designed so that not everybody could clear it, or even kill 2-3 bosses. It is meant for the elite, and nerfing it to cater for the casual is the literal worst thing you can possibly do.

10. It's a stretch to call it class stacking when u use 4 hunters instead of the usual 3 used on the avg farm raid. -or adding the 6th shaman for another hero, when u go with 5 for totems in all grps usually. 3 guilds cleared content first reset after release, one of those guilds did it in one raid. If u ask any member of those guild how they feel tuning is, they will tell u it is a bit undertuned and that they wish the race wasn't ended on day 1 after release.

As someone already stated, it's not possible to tune anything in a way that pleases everybody, so if someone thinks it's too easy, while others think it's too hard, warmane probably didn't miss the mark by much.

If we can beat Brutallus enrage with characters like this retri http://armory.warmane.com/character/...utland/summary the encounter surely is beatable for anyone willing to put in some effort.

Also when OP calls Brutallus a "simple gearcheck", I think most sites on the internet about Brutallus would swap out the word "simple" with "massive".

11. LOl you really crying about that?

wow is designed for 14year olds

half the players here are in their 30s with 10 yrs of minmax knowledge at their fingertips. and bis spreadsheets some giganerd spent months creating. how fun u think itd be if everything was easier?

" the realm that was harcore died because of it." yea im sure mind-numbing x1 rates and no P2W shop had NOTHING to do with medivh dying right? was all about the bosses hp
    Edited: August 31, 2018

12. " the realm that was harcore died because of it." yea im sure mind-numbing x1 rates and no P2W shop had NOTHING to do with medivh dying right? was all about the bosses hp
    i never said it was all about the hp. i said the realm that was hardcore died because of it. 1x rates and no shop were all part of the hardcore design.

13. It is pity that OP have no idea of raiding, at least in tbc.

About class stack:
    Most of the decent guild have at least one enhance, two ele, one resto, sometimes even two resto
    So in a raid there is often consist of 5 shaman, or op dont even know about that?
    If you want to have the “no certain class or spec must be needed in raid” thing, please go to Wotlk server.

About difficulty of Brutallus:
    There is only 3 reason that you can kill boss, especially for Brutallus:
    1. You are much skillful player in PVE, which you minmax your own class and spec
    2. You have all people with BIS before killing the boss, which is overgearing the boss
    3. You use the best raid comb possible to get the best outcome of dps

Panacea and Promise certainly is using a mix of 1 and 2 to kill the boss,
    Murlock shop is using 4 glaives and get 3rd place in Brutallus, which is method 2.
    These are all acceptable kill, and they did multiple attempt before successful kill.

Now OP just want to boss to tuned down to be just able to down without those?
    So may be please tell me which guild you are at and let me laugh during your progression?
    ye we CLEARLY brought 4 glaives to the boss :DD, not. maybe you should minus that by 3, one glaive is hardly a big dps increase for a rogue

14. there would be no point in raiding the latest content of the expansion if it wouldnt require you to optimize your raid setup when approaching it without the best possible gear, warmane did an amazing job with keeping this old content challenging and fun, otherwise there would be no point for people to play on outland that actually enjoy raiding.
    Retail numbers were challenging back then when nobody had a clue about stat weights, raid compositions and proper raiding interfaces, but with all the content available right now it would be a joke for any halfway decent raiding guild to run through tbc raid content without much effort, and even back on retail good raiding guilds would stack certain classes to maximize dps in sunwell depending on the encounter having a lot of hunters and warlocks is kinda usual, depending on how many glaive drops you got till u get there it may shift more away from hunters and instead would be more rogues / fury warriors instead on some bosses.

First 1234 ... Last