1. Need hacking ?

Hello folks i saw that earlier that morning, wanted to share :

https://ibb.co/jucV9e
    https://ibb.co/hBX2Nz

Two strange pictures, as you can see :

On the first picture at the left down side, you can see the message :

"Need roll for -83 [Tharon'ja's Aegis] for Purpleblue" Ok, it's a need line, everything's fine but... it's a shield... and... ho wait the guys is a mage !

Yeah, this mage just needed a shield. Aaaand.... he's not suppose to, am i right ?

I already saw that kinda strange need, on a [Frost Orb] another item you'r not suppose to need !

https://ibb.co/gnYj2z

Somebody know how is this even possible ? :|

2. Sir thats not a negative thats just how the need system looks when you roll. or even just the chat. for example in that chat you also see [General - Borean Tundra] same thing.

And as far as the ninja'ing take the screenshot go in game and make a GM ticket in game to report it.

3. I don't see in any screenshot that you actually were in RDF group except first one.
    Edited: September 1, 2018

4. Shields, somehow are classified as a offhand. This means any class can roll need on it since every class can use a offhand.
    For the frost orb i dont have a explenation... keep an eye on these kind of things.

I always roll as last cause of players like this.
    If i see they want to ninja it, i will also roll need just to F with them.
    Its still wrong but atleast they get some "competition".
    If it happens at the start of a dungeon i always convince them to stop needing or getting the sertain person kicked.

5. Holy **** I have no idea how the other two completely missed the focus of the post. It has nothing to do with "that's an 83 not a -83" or "well were you actually in RDF?" I don't know what's going on but to clarify for those less understanding people...

From OP's screenshot the loot system was need before greed. With the NBG loot system, there are item restrictions pertaining to your class. Example, life blows on my resto shaman that I'm leveling because I can't need on cloth or leather healing gear, even it is an upgrade. Also with the NGB system there are some items for which you cannot roll need. Example, you cannot "need" a frozen orb. It doesn't matter if you're in RDF or not, NBG rules are NBG rules.

So the strange thing that's going on is in two instances these restrictions were broken. A mage was allowed to roll need on a shield (an item a mage cannot wield), and someone was allowed to select need on a frozen orb (not supposed to be able to).

Maybe it's a bug, maybe people are doing something shady.

6. Holy **** I have no idea how the other two completely missed the focus of the post. It has nothing to do with "that's an 83 not a -83" or "well were you actually in RDF?" I don't know what's going on but to clarify for those less understanding people...

From OP's screenshot the loot system was need before greed. With the NBG loot system, there are item restrictions pertaining to your class. Example, life blows on my resto shaman that I'm leveling because I can't need on cloth or leather healing gear, even it is an upgrade. Also with the NGB system there are some items for which you cannot roll need. Example, you cannot "need" a frozen orb. It doesn't matter if you're in RDF or not, NBG rules are NBG rules.

So the strange thing that's going on is in two instances these restrictions were broken. A mage was allowed to roll need on a shield (an item a mage cannot wield), and someone was allowed to select need on a frozen orb (not supposed to be able to).

it was most likely a bug, but regardless the guy broke a rule and he should just be reported for ninja'ing and this probobly belongs in a bug section somwhere. not here.

7. Sir thats not a negative thats just how the need system looks when you roll. or even just the chat. for example in that chat you also see [General - Borean Tundra] same thing.

And as far as the ninja'ing take the screenshot go in game and make a GM ticket in game to report it.
    You dont get it at all... this is not even the point.

Holy **** I have no idea how the other two completely missed the focus of the post. It has nothing to do with "that's an 83 not a -83" or "well were you actually in RDF?" I don't know what's going on but to clarify for those less understanding people...

You, you get it, you'r the one here.

I don't see in any screenshot that you actually were in RDF group except first one.
    So the implication of your sentence is : I'm a lier.

Thanks, that's the ultimate explanation for all scepticism, AND people who dont want questionning their reality.
    Which is both ... Pity. (but this is only my point of view ofc, you'r free to judge anybody)

Shields, somehow are classified as a offhand. This means any class can roll need on it since every class can use a offhand.
    For the frost orb i dont have a explenation... keep an eye on these kind of things.

I always roll as last cause of players like this.
    If i see they want to ninja it, i will also roll need just to F with them.
    Its still wrong but atleast they get some "competition".
    If it happens at the start of a dungeon i always convince them to stop needing or getting the sertain person kicked.

Well, that's would be a good explanation !
    Bbbuuut... i'm a priest on thoose screen as you can see, and priest can use off-hand, but i wasnt be able to "need" it.

So nop, that's not this.

Next explanation ?

it was most likely a bug, but regardless the guy broke a rule and he should just be reported for ninja'ing and this probobly belongs in a bug section somwhere. not here.
    Nop, "Bug like this" doesnt occure without a... little... help. (#informaticien)
    And, even if know this game like my pocket, i can make mistake, and then maybe there's a game mecanic allowing thoose move, i dont know yet ?

Soooo, nop, that's a real questionning post, about what's "the hell" is happening in the game, and determine what really happened in the end.

Any OTHER explanation ?

Here is mine :

As i wrote it on the title, i'm pretty sure it's just a modifcation of the DBFilesClient, in the "Item.dbc" files or the "ItemCondExtCosts.dbc" , in another words, a Patch allowing you to need some item (like the frost orb) just by switching the [on] / [off] (One or Zero) value in the DBC file,
    OR perhaps
    the group section loot rules maybe, but here, i dont know where it is in the DBFilesclient sooo... cannot say what was modify.

PS: I see that nobody notify what was my fly druid form in the third link :P
    Edited: September 2, 2018

8. So the implication of your sentence is : I'm a lier.
    No. I'm saying it would be cool to see more - to get clear picture.

9. Priests can roll need on shields.
    Seen it happen many times and seen it as a option many times on all my non-shield classes. (Also priest)
    Hell... a druid even ninja'd a shield from me on the warrior i am currently leveling.

This could be a bugg in the loot system provided by warmane.
    But hey you seem to know it all anyway why even bother making a threat and just go straight to reporting ;)

Your explanatiom about patching your way in to the rolling system is mostlikely impossible cause the roll system is coming from the server side and not the client side.
    Even if this was possible, people would have done it on Blizz making it way to well known to be using it 10 years after the xpac was launched.

There is 1 way to bugg the entire loot system before entering.
    This makes it possible to roll need on all items by all party members.
    And ofcourse i am nog going to provide the info on how to do it.
    Since i discovered it by exident and this shouldnt be made use of anyway..

We all know you can change the appearance of your character on ur own screen.
    Whats it called? T-morphing if im not mistaking (:
    Nobody seems intrested in it

10. Your explanatiom about patching your way in to the rolling system is mostlikely impossible cause the roll system is coming from the server side and not the client side.
    Even if this was possible, people would have done it on Blizz making it way to well known to be using it 10 years after the xpac was launched.
    You can't call it impossible if you haven't tested it. It's not impossible that need roll limitations are not fully implemented on server side. And it also doesn't mean that it was the same way on retail. It could be a bug but it could also be an exploit/hack. Such possibility can not be ruled out unless it's tested.
    Edited: September 2, 2018

11. Priests can roll need on shields.
    Seen it happen many times and seen it as a option many times on all my non-shield classes. (Also priest)
    Hell... a druid even ninja'd a shield from me on the warrior i am currently leveling.

This could be a bugg in the loot system provided by warmane.
    But hey you seem to know it all anyway why even bother making a threat and just go straight to reporting ;)

Your explanatiom about patching your way in to the rolling system is mostlikely impossible cause the roll system is coming from the server side and not the client side.
    -No dude, really, i couldnt need on that shield when the occasion occured, so if he could, and me not, when we both can need on off-handed item, well, logic would say "meeh it's not that, next explanation ?"

-The roll system rule come from the server, yes, but all cannot be managed by the server itself, some authorization and prohibition are managed by the game client itself.

Dont think it's easy to hack or even understand the stupid mess what is the database client.
    BliĀ² code it in their own language, patch and upgrade were made every wednesday morning and reported important bug were treated in the day.

But here we are, like you said, ten years after, and more and more ppl understand an modify this database.
    And there is flaws, even in the core game, i can assure you...

I dont "seem to know it all" i only see THIS explanation, blind by this attractiv idea, and that's why i came here.

To confront it.
    But with serious, cuz' yet all that i found here is "it's impossible" or "wrong place for post", and tbh that confort me in my first idea as far as we are in our conversation because i dont see any other that satisfies my intelect.
    Edited: September 3, 2018

12. Welp, I just went ahead and do some rdf for a shield to drop on my priest.

See screenshot here: https://imgur.com/a/QMYUbIY

As you can see.. I am able to roll need on the shield that dropped.
    So this means there must be a account related bugg on the need system? dont think so, maybe you just didnt notice it.

This phenomenon accures to all my non-shield characters.
    I am sure.

Again, the fact the mage rolled need on a shield should not be a hack.

And as said before.. for the orb i dont have a explanation.

I suggest you pay a bit more attention to details like this.

greetings