1. missing spells while being overcapped on hit

hello, i play a frost mage and currently i have 8.01% hit chance (im working on reducing that to 5%) and 3% hit chance from talents, and yet i still sometimes miss spells against paladins and paladins only, even though im i need 8% hit chance to hit them with the [Divine Purpose] talent.
    i searched through the forums and couldnt find any similar thread, is this a known bug? or is hit chance completely bugged?

2. Blood elves have some racial spell miss chance on them.
    Edited: September 1, 2018

3. Spell hit cap is 17%. 3% from talent, 14% from gear. [Hard cap]
    Optimal is to go for 3 percent less because you get 3% debuff on target from boomkin or shadow priest. Thats 3% talent+11% from gear+3% from debuff. [Soft cap]
    That is for PVE. In PVP its 5% for melee and 6% for spells.

OP if you played against ret palas and missed its because they have 4% chance that you will miss them from talents, and that thing can't be capped. And if he is a belf then he also has additional 2% for arcane that you can't cap.

4. Yea, that was wrong copy-pasta

5. OP if you played against ret palas and missed its because they have 4% chance that you will miss them from talents, and that thing can't be capped. And if he is a belf then he also has additional 2% for arcane that you can't cap.
    It can be capped on warmane.
    Running 9 hti as horde lock, never seen misses against paladins without sacred cleansing buff.

6. That is for PVE. In PVP its 5% for melee and 6% for spells. And if he is a belf then he also has additional 2% for arcane that you can't cap.
    I am pretty sure it's 4% for spells based on level difference and that the racial is a 2% miss chance to all schools, not just for arcane spells. A paladin would therefore have 4 (from being equal level with you) + 4 (from talent) + 2 (if blood elf).

7. 4% is needed for casters to hit a lvl 80 target, and i have 11% so 4%+4%+2+ is 10%, so i shouldnt miss any spells, and it happens only with paladins, no other class with similar talents as [Divine Purpose]