1. The need to be rude?

So let me paint a picture for everyone. The other week one of my guild mates "class mage" ran a SWP trash farm. No big deal till a wand drop and him being a little to excited didn't look close enough at the item and rolled on the Healing wand by mistake. They promptly kicked him from the group calling him a ninja. He felt bad about it and he opened a ticket for a GM to help with the mater. He then Messaged me and was like "Hey man I rolled on a healing wand and won by mistake i feel really bad about it what should i do" I told him not to worry and asked for the persons name who lost the item. I contacted that person and told him politely that the mage felt bad about the wand and if a GM was unable to help him out I would personally give him 1000g for his troubles. He said cool and thank you.

Within 10-20mins he started messaging me non-stop about me giving him the gold right now. That a GM cant do anything and that I owe him the gold and i owe it now. I thought maybe he was just upset still for losing the wand. I told him again that a GM reply might take a day or two and to be patient its just a game and we will solve this together. At this point he was going crazy Messaging me non-stop and i mean non-stop for me to send him gold. Such as half now half later. At this point I reached out to his guild master who didnt speak english well being polish. Explain to him the events leading up to talking with him. He informed me that the individual I was talking with was "Young, Immature, and not calmed". He then goes insane saying how this was between me and him and how I made him look childish to his guild.

So still being a nice person told the person to wait till we get a reply from a GM. Well so happens the Mage that won the wand quit playing due to a new member to his family. I informed the priest that the Mage quit playing and don't know what would happen to the wand. At this point the Priest could care less about the wand and started spamming me to send him gold and how I owed him gold and that he only wanted the gold. At this point I let him know that he has been nothing but rude to me a person just trying to help out not involved with the wand and trying to do something nice. Then he lets me know that hes going to report me for not giving him gold. At this point I put him on ignore and wrote this wall of text.

TL:DR don't try to do the right thing and don't try to be nice to others.

Ps. sorry for rant just was like wtf.

update... Turns out the person already has the wand....
    Edited: September 2, 2018

2. least ya know better for next time.

3. It's great that you tried to be good to the person, but when red flags like that pop up, I'd encourage you to back away immediately. People like that aren't worth your time. But on the other hand, it is still nice that you gave them the benefit of the doubt.

4. update... Turns out the person already has the wand....
    Is he still bothering you? xD

Anyway, that person who lost the item doesn't trust his guild in the first place because HE'D PUT OVER GOLD OVER RESOLVING THE ISSUE WITH HIS GUILDIES. That selfish behavior should result to a gkick. Not to mention the guy not letting it go for days makes me think he has personal demons.

You have it wrong with "not doing the right thing because other will just screw you" though. You are letting that person change you and compromise your beliefs. DON'T LET THAT PERSON MAKE YOU DISTRUSTFUL OF OTHERS.

Let me tell you a story. In my leveling guild, I allow all lowbies to withdraw up to a certain amount of gold and items daily - as a generous allowance. One day, this random shmuck sweet-talked me into thinking he has seven friends who he wanted to invite. Being the gullible nice dude that I was, I promoted him to officer. Over night, he managed to steal 8,000 gold worth of funds and items from the bank. I and my guildies were absolutely devastated... BUT WE HAD TO CARRY ON. Instead of giving up the allowance system, we set rules and had to interview incoming prospects. We learned a hard lesson yet maintained our optimism.

The point is, as a lesson of maturity and succeeding in this game, we find objective solutions to a problem with the help of our friends.

Ps. sorry for rant just was like wtf.
    Don't be sorry. Players need to share more stories like this in fact to empower those who are constantly bullied and harassed in-game. Once again, don't let that resentment get into you.
    Edited: September 3, 2018

5. It's great that you tried to be good to the person, but when red flags like that pop up, I'd encourage you to back away immediately. People like that aren't worth your time. But on the other hand, it is still nice that you gave them the benefit of the doubt.
    I agree with this but only that the person who lost the item wasn't anything close or special.

When you're dealing say a guildie you've known for months, it's hard to ignore right away and you're likely to give him fair warnings. As complicated and toxic that situation is, it happens because some people show their true colors over time.

6. You did the right thing trying to be nice and solve the matter. When someone turns toxic and blind for reason and normal conversation, just ignore them. At that point, solving the matter by normal means becomes near impossible because for the person the matter becomes more personal than in-game. It's a game, after all, and if the person gets too excited, then you just need to cut them.

7. Thanks for the reply guys I'm still going to be a nice guy to other and keep positive but also keep this as a learning experience. I was not looking for a witch hunt kinda why I didn't include names someone already asked for a name in-game. I won't be sharing any information on parties involved never my intentions to share that information anyway.

Once again thanks for the positive feedback and allowing me to rant. Hope you all have a great night.