1. What are the most popular classes?

Sorry if this gets asked a lot, but I haven't found any recent threads asking this, so here goes:

I'm pretty new and was wondering what the most popular classes are. I've gotten up to level 40 as a holy priest (human) and noticed a ton of paladins, druids, warriors and priests. Other than that, hunters seemed like the next most common with every other class pretty far below that.

I'm considering rerolling to Horde, as well. Are Shamans as common in Horde as Paladins are for Alliance? Are Druids as popular when you have to play a Tauren instead of a Night Elf to play one? Does what I noticed seem to mesh up with your own experience?

Just curious, and also a bit of a hipster so playing a lesser played class would be pretty fun. Thanks!

2. Play what you want to be honest, having fun should be priority. To answer your question though, the most demanded roles I see (in alliance):

•Ranged DPS: Demo Warlocks, Moonkins, Good MM Hunters, Shadow Priests in no particular order.

•Tanks: You can roll anything since there will always be a demand for them. Notice that Prot Warriors have a bad reputation with some players but I won't comment any further on that since they're pretty good.

•Melee DPS: good Retri Paladins, Frost and Unholy DK in no particular order.

•Healers: Disco Priest, Resto Shaman, Holy Paladin, Resto Druid & Holy Priest in that order.

Cheers.
    Edited: September 4, 2018 Reason: Formatting, typos.

3. Shamans and druids are rare, so is Warlocks.

Most common class - Paladin, Im not sure about after that, it's changed during the time and people tend to make alts that are best for damage / healing / tanking.
    Paladins are strong in all 3 speccs and very flexible in what they can do.
    Warriors and Rogues have for a long time been pretty rare but since they work properly now(ish) a lot more play them.

"Most common" also changes a lot from guild to guild or even raid to raid, In our guild runs we have problems getting hunters for example.

Do what Beyle07 said and play what you find most fun, My favorite is Unholy Deathknight.
    Play something new that you haven't tried before if you still haven't experienced all classes and speccs.

4. Thanks for the advice! I ended up giving Warlock a try, and surprised myself in how little I enjoyed it (I played up to level 25 as an affliction build; not super far, but I don't have so much free time as I'd like to be able to go more in depth). Playing the shadow spells of priest just felt... better to me, for some reason.

I think I'll try playing a Druid next, to see what they're like (Resto, probably) and after that make a more permanent decision. I guess one last question, if possible: does Priests mana issues ever become less severe? Leveling as a warlock I was surprised how few times I ever had to drink, even when I never life tapped.

5. does Priests mana issues ever become less severe?
    Yes, it gets less severe by lvl 30. I remember twinking a disc priest at lvl 19 and I always had to drink every 4 mins of irregular battle.

6. When I try to make some Pug raids The hard to get classes are

1. Warlocks
    2. Elemental shammy's / Enc
    3. Balance / Feral

Most popular classes Are DK's Paladins Warriors : DPS

7. Go CAT! Yes, it's not demanded like AT ALL(in raids i mean), BUT it is really enjoyable and fun, there are almost no cats around, and its dps is INSANE when arp capped(100% :P) and have like 65% crit. I am even thinking that only Shadowmourne makes the warriors better dps. It offers a battle revive which is awesome, Taurens look badass(get Nax25 tier transmog! :P). Its "rotation" is not like most classes (spam 3 buttons), also it is very mobile, it is good for other purposes(like World PvP and its kit is very decent for Arena). For pvp though it requires more skill than an average class/spec. Another thing worth mentioning is the fact that it is feral druid - you can always JUST shapeshift into a Bear form. This is your defensive stance! You have Survival instincs, Frenzied regeneration, Barskin AND Enrage(Not sure if the spell name is correct but with 4/5 T10 it gives you 12(?)% Damage reduction). If you are about to die in a PvP fight and you activate all these cds - this can be the 180 degree turn! Other than that, you offer the raid a bunch of useful abilities(Tranquility, Cyclone, Innervate and Faerie fire). On the other hand, on a big pack of trash mobs, if you spam swipe you deal a lot of damage(you have to position properly though), combined with berserk - you are THE man(cat LOL). The downsides which cross my mind at the moment are the following: When you dps and have a decent gear even when you use Cower you pull high threat (i got no idea why), Low self healing(not absent though!), Although you have a huge amount of crit rating(agility class:P) there will still be situations where you will simply not crit for any reason(absence of luck :/ ) which will result in a lower dps than usual. BUT! the upsides are way more, trust me! GO CAT! <3
    Edited: September 6, 2018

8. In horde,there aren't many rogues and locks.These are the classes i see the least out of any other.