1. Xpac to learn pvp

hello guys,

i always played wow on and off through out the years but never got to end-game in any xpac - as i get bored of leveling + end-game gearing pretty fast-
    to experience "the real pvp" but this time i really want to dive into it

the problem is that i kinda feel overwhelmed and lost by the different xpacs and ther iterations of the classes, their mechanics, their comps and arena
    actually end-game pvp in general

what do you think would be a good starting point/xpac for someone almost completly new to this?

my limited pvp-exp contains some random bgs in different xpacs as well as some twinking / leveling pvp
    my go-to classes are rogue and mage (but i dont like the additional pet)

2. play TBC its the best pvp wow's ever had its wow's prime years
    yes there are counter comps like mage kills warrior but hunter kills mage so it balances out
    every class has a spec they can pvp with at high ratings in one bracket or another
    outland/TBC has a big population and bgs and arena are very active so you will have np qing up
    rogue and mages are very strong and i would say go rogue if you play TBC
    stay away from wrath as that pvp was so bad it was the worst wow every seen,yes it got better towards the last patch but pallys and dks your not killing .... raid gear... human racial ....

3. thank you for your answer!

anyone else have a different or the same oppinion?

4. Xpac from the WWF is on this server!? No wai!!!

5. thank you for your answer!

anyone else have a different or the same oppinion?
    Go Blackrock its instant 80 and you have gear and just play a lot.Do many many Duels and BGs and dont rush with arena right away.after Few months you will build muscle memory and understanding wtf is going on.Than it gets easy you can pick any expansion and do well.The main thing is to be consistent and practise a lot.

Also prepare mentally to be completely demolished for first months.
    Edited: September 5, 2018

6. TBC PvP is terrible imo. Classes are missing key abilities like Ele sham has no Hex or Thunderstorm, spriest has no dispersion, etc. Also casters run out of mana rather quickly. Enhancement and retribution are auto-attack classes. Wotlk overall is just more balanced and the combat is on a faster pace.

7. every xpact plays different, add to this the class balance.

in wotlk for example damage rotation isn't so meaniful because people die very easy (obvius classes exceptions), but the correct use of burst is there.

in MOP you have to do sustained damage plus burst for kill things, this dont aplly only to plate classes.

the other thing is the focus of the pvp. Wotlk is good only for arena 3v3 and some specifics duels, bg are poor.

now, because population you should considerate that the server itself have pvp activity.

i suggest blackrock just for the instant 80 and gear, any expansion is awful undergeared and pre MOP you need to raid for pvp.

i didn't played MOP for like 6 months, but i remember by then max level bg pop very often, much more than lordaeron despite the population in that time (1k players vs 2.5k), no idea right now, so you're safe trying blackrock just for the gain time itself.

8. Originally Posted by MaXiMuS54;2948781TB
    C PvP is terrible imo. Classes are missing key abilities like Ele sham has no Hex or Thunderstorm, spriest has no dispersion, etc. Also casters run out of mana rather quickly. Enhancement and retribution are auto-attack classes. Wotlk overall is just more balanced and the combat is on a faster pace.
    "TBC PvP is terrible imo.Wotlk overall is just more balanced"
    LMFAO!

"Classes are missing key abilities"
    no they are not and its funny you always say that over and over non stop

"spriest has no dispersion"
    why would s priest need that in TBC?they are very strong as is

you for some reason think a new talent that was added in x-pac take your pick is a must and without the class/spec is lacking but your 100% wrong. more talents and more classes that get added to the game just makes pvp more unbalanced and for proof of that see every wow X-PAC after TBC. hey rogues lack smoke bomb in wrath so why play wrath right?mages dont have alter time in wrath so play the x -pac they do have it....

@op remember what i said im my 1st post....

https://youtu.be/sDmioR4UUGE
    lmfao wrath balance.......
    Edited: September 6, 2018

9. "Classes are missing key abilities"
    no they are not and its funny you always say that over and over non stop
    But he's right.
    Just look at rog, rdudu or fmage. They already have all the essential key abilitys in TBC. Rdudu has even more abilitys than in wotlk.
    Compare that to a ele shami or a hpala...

The lack of key abilitys is the reason that only a handful of specs are viable in the 2s bracket while the rest falls far behind.
    Thanks god we have a active 5s because in that bracket is pretty much every spec viable.
    W/o that it would be impossible for certain specs to reach the rating requirements for brutal weapon and shoulder.

10. But he's right.
    Just look at rog, rdudu or fmage. They already have all the essential key abilitys in TBC. Rdudu has even more abilitys than in wotlk.

The lack of key abilitys is the reason that only a handful of specs are viable in the 2s bracket while the rest falls far behind.
    Thanks god we have a active 5s because in that bracket is pretty much every spec viable.
    W/o that it would be impossible for certain specs to reach the rating requirements for brutal weapon and shoulder.
    When Butkus is talking about Wrath PVP,most of the time he is talking about season 5-6 and how op DK use to be back then,so don't take serious his PVP comments.The guy is saying Warrior in Wrath are weak PVP class,that alone show you how much he know about the game.
    Edited: September 7, 2018

11. But he's right.

no here not right classes in TBC are not missing abilities that they need as they were not even in game yet.like i said mages dont have alter time so i guess mages suck in wrath so....

are you saying spriests cant do well in arena in TBC or in 2v2?lmfao....
    what classes do you think cant do well in arena in TBC?
    you talk like shammys are weak... so what if something like ele is not that great in 2's shammys are well respented in all alspects og game play and that includes pvp. or that h pallys are bad healers.... sure pallys in tbc are no where near as good "OP'ED" like in warth but they are great healers even more so in 5's.

"casters run out of mana rather quickly in TBC"
    o no you mean they cant endlessly spam buttons non stop what bad game play...

2's in TBC is better blanched then wrath as 2's in wrath where they stopped giving rewards for them.

12. When Butkus is talking about Wrath PVP,most of the time he is talking about season 5-6 and how op DK use to be back then,so don't take serious his PVP comments.The guy is saying Warrior in Wrath are weak PVP class,that alone show you how much he know about the game.

no what i talk about is wrath as a whole not just 1 patch as the entire x-pac lead to the finial patch
    but thank you for proving my point for me and admitting to how ******ed dks were during and still are during wrath

"season 5-6 and how op DK use to be back then"
    two broken seasons and you say they dont count = lmfao. sad thing is dk's were the most op'ed class in the history of wow and yes at the end of wrath they were nerfed some but were still op'ed and everyone knows it.countless threads on this site asking why cant i kill a dk or pally....

"The guy is saying Warrior in Wrath are weak PVP class"
    no what i said is the same thing you just proved so thank you again
    again what i said many times to fan boys like you was that in FACT warriors were the worst class in game period when wrath started. arms was dead any warrior that did not reroll to dk played fury in pvp. fury was weak in pve and was out dps'ed by almost everyone and fury was well behind dks and pallys. add to that the fact warriors tanks sucked compared to dks and pallys and one has to ask what are warrior's needed for?

blizz then gave warriors buffs all around and added many class talents mid x-pac and blizz broke there own rules of not doing class changes in live x-pac becase the changes were needed so badly. so that got warriors what?it gave arms a role as an MS bot when pocket healed by op' pallys in 2's or running TSG in 3's.

funny you fan boys love your dks who just destroys anything and has top end damage healing and any type of utility one could dream of and thinks,yeah thats balanced wrath rocks but spriests dont have dispersion in TBC so TBC sucks... good logic you got. same goes for pallys/rets smart group... sad thing is cata had better balanced pvp then wrath even though i liked wrath better cata had better pvp.

13. no what i talk about is wrath as a whole
    Its completly irrelevant how balanced earlier patches of wotlk were back on retail.
    The OP wants to know how it is on Warmane and our Wotlk realms are on patch 3.3.5.
    Don't confuse him with irrelevant informations about obsolete patches.

Correct me if I'm wrong but u don't even play on Warmane wotlk right?
    Maybe u should reconsider ur deadlocked and outdated opinions of wotlk and actualy play the xpac here first before u come to a conclusion.

14. Its completly irrelevant how balanced earlier patches of wotlk were back on retail.
    The OP wants to know how it is on Warmane and our Wotlk realms are on patch 3.3.5.
    Don't confuse him with irrelevant informations about obsolete patches.

Correct me if I'm wrong but u don't even play on Warmane wotlk right?
    Maybe u should reconsider ur deadlocked and outdated opinions of wotlk and actualy play the xpac here first before u come to a conclusion.
    are you telling me that dk's in 3.3.5 are balanced?LMFAO!they are still op'ed as **** they just toned down a little from what they were the 1st 3/4ths of wrath.same goes for pallys but they were not as bad as dks but again still op'ed or maybe you missed the video i posted above "or did not want to comment on it" of the dk vs pally in 3.3.5?so so balanced right sure but but 1 vs 1 dont matter fights in arena bgs or the like never come down to 1v1. then why do dps specs like ret or dks need all that healing, damage and utility? thats balanced right?sure it is.

"The OP wants to know how it is on Warmane and our Wotlk realms are on patch 3.3.5"
    ok so tell him if he plays a rogue he going to get crushed by dks and rets all day and theres is nothing he can do about it other then being better. even then a clicking dk would crush a skilled rogue.

tell him how f'ed wrath is tell him he HAS to play human or hes are a huge disadvantage cause human racial but i bet you thats that balanced to right?becasue you play human... why not tell the OP he HAS to raid or pay up in the shop it get PVE gear because wrath is so unbalanced... nope your here telling me defending wrath lol.

no more bis weapons crafted from blacking smiting or a bis neck from JC people on wrath pick professions for either $$$ or stat bonuses like extra socket for BS. i could go on and on about wrath but why should i?you fan boys will never learn.

sad thing is everyone i talk to in game or on discord lol's there ***'s off at anyone who thinks wrath pvp was even close to being balanced or better then TBC. most think cata was better balanced then wrath and it was and like i said above i liked wrath 100 times better then cata.

"Correct me if I'm wrong but u don't even play on Warmane wotlk right?"
    you are correct i played wrath on live why would i play that again when i can play TBC?

o and make sure you tell the OP how lop sided horde vs ally is on icecrown cause you know that balanced human racial i talked about above... bgs must be fun as would leveling....
    Edited: September 7, 2018

15. "Correct me if I'm wrong but u don't even play on Warmane wotlk right?"
    you are correct i played wrath on live why would i play that again when i can play TBC?
    So you don't even play Wrath here and all of your opinions are based of some memories you have from 10 years ago from different patches then the one we have currently on warmane?.
    Edited: September 8, 2018

123 ... Last