1. First one is to join good guild as social rank,and then try to wiggle your way into some alt raid runs.They will pretty much carry you even if you are undergeared and no one will get mad because you are social member.Later on when you geared you can start raiding with them more seriously.

Second one is the one i personally like more.Join progressive or social guild and try progress with them.If the guild turn out to be **** or you don't like people in it simple leave and look for another one.It may take some time to find people that match well with you,but once you do its guarantee to have a lot of fun playing with them.
    Along with Ambition231, this is the best advice.

Wonder how individuals in organizations rise through the ranks and eventually become powerful? They take care of their people, which a portion will return the favor with trust and loyalty. However, you can't guarantee everyone will help you back, let alone remember you.

So succeeding as a "social rank" requires patience and hardwork; even times where you have to help guildies with nothing in return at first. You can make memes or be the king of Discord all you want, but you need to get the job done from time to time.

I have to warn players also that social guilds tend to have lots of politics. With talkative personalities, there's always a few who go out of their way to bring down others for their personal interests. What I noticed in most elitist guilds is that they just keep toxic personalities as long as they get along. You have the choice to avoid them, or work with them like a professional.

You don't have to be friends with players in this game, really. The purpose of being a "social rank" is to teach yourself to get along (or deflect) a variety of players.

2. Here's how you can fix it
    1) It's time to leave the backseat and move into the role of a leader. Make and lead a raid yourself! Lack the skill and tactic mind to lead a raid? That's what Youtube is for. Failed your first raid? So what! Get bashed by haters? **** them, ignore them and move on.

2)Check through the guild forum and read their requirement and type. For a new player, I advise to join --> Casual(raid once a week), Progressing &Standard Raiding guild (raid 2-3 times a week). Just stay away from hardcore raiding guild for now.

For guild application, most are pretty straight forward, they will ask you questions on tactics for ICC, RS, etc. Just do you homework and you will be fine.

3) Wow is an MMO, not a single player game. Move out of your comfort zone, befriend other players. There will definitely be some toxic *******s along the way, but one out of every 50 players, there will be one player you can have a great time and friendship with. This will considerably improve your wow experience and maybe even get some carried runs from your new pals. The same can be said for real life.
    This advice is so resounding that it's good enough to motivate salespeople.

I think everybody should think this way AND add their personal goals and philosophy into the equation. Because YOU HAVE TO OWN THIS GAME and not let the majority of the braindead population influence you.

I, for instance, don't particularly care about finishing ICC. I want to build a core PvP unit (not just a loose community) that wins. So I made my own leveling guild to get to know and train my teammates from the ground-up. I support them even outside of pvp with quests and dungeons. Along the lines, I make my way to ask people in global and eventually recruit a few enthusiastic players. Eventually it morphed into some sort of a program.

But as most of yall mentioned, the biggest challenge is the constant failing despite efforts to improve. That's the moment you have to do something's different to produce surprising results. In my case, I had to kick out an ill-matching frost mage (as a holy pala) and a psychotic social guildie... and things started to get optimistic again.

As for doing your homework, preparation is key to avoiding mistakes and saving time. Aside from basic strategies, you can also look up class abilities. Trust me, 50% of the raid do not maximize the use of their spellbook. Class knowledge is even more crucial in arenas where every move is critical in making the next for survival.
    Edited: September 6, 2018

3. Want to join pug raids?
    Buy crafted 264 and 245 ilvl BoEs, 264 Icc 25nm BoEs, Icc Thrash Mobs' BoEs.
    1 Wrathful Cloak or Necklace is acceptable since you won't really find a good cloak outside of ICC and for some casters that can't afford crimson chocker, haste/crit wf neck is fine for icc 10nm.
    If you got points you can get 239 ilvl items through shop (since you are mage, Flare of the Heavens is a noteable trinket).
    and be sure to gem and enchant to your needs to hit caps and boost your main go-to stats!
    Now you might wonder how to make gold to buy all those BoEs, forget about gathering proffessions, there are just too many bots farming non-stop and daily those herb and mine nodes. So, pick up fishing and cooking, check a guide on google on how to raise your cooking to 400(El's Extreme Anglin) and after that just stay at wintergrasp's cemetery where you get the "damage immune" buff, equip your pole and start fishing the materials for fish feast, raise your cooking to 450 with them, grab the fish feast recipe and start selling stacks of them.

Want to join guild runs?
    Simply forget about gear score once you have about 5k gs, and try to equip the best possible equipments that will boost your dps. For example my retribution paladin had x2 200 ilvl trinkets instead of 232 ones, I lost a significant amount of gs but I was pulling more dps, and at the end of the day, guild runs care about getting the bosses killed. Just be sure to get comfortable with your spec and it's rotations, gem and enchant to your needs, be well fed (not only fish feast, you might need arp for example), get flasks and maybe potions if you can afford them and let your guild know how much dps you can pull on dummy if they say that your GS is not that high to enter icc10nm. If the raid leaders know what they are doing they'll accept you(considering you do a great deal of dps).

PS: Since you 're mage I suggest you focus on 4pt10 as soon as possible and spec arcane, the dmg you pull with the 4/4 bonus during (and out of) heroism is just nuts, while ttw fireball spec needs a great deal of unbuffed crit chance to surpass it(mainly 264+ilvl gear).
    PS2: Check the dedicated mage website by TinyToys for mage tips, it helped me a great deal!

4. And get at least 4 t10 pieces with 264 craftable legs if you don't have it already.
    I loled.

This takes around 4 months, if you do the rdf EVERY single day, voa 10+25 EVERY single week and a weekly quest without skipping a single day.

As for the OP, I didn't read what other people told you, but 5.3k-5.5k is achievable in 1-2 days since hitting 80 ( Depending on your class ), so you can't possibly be stuck at 5.1k if you aren't doing something wrong. Milk the **** out of those EoT and get every item u possibly can, same goes for BoE's, buy every single one from icc, and maybe even some from ToC or weaker ones if you have the money.

Don't make your own raids, don't beg for raids, don't waste your time, simply gear up and wait for a raid on your level, For example: Get 5.3k at least and join an ICC alt run.
    Ultimately the GS is the ONLY thing that matters, do your best to get it up, and don't listen to anyone saying otherwise because those people are the same ones that are kicking/ignoring people from the raids from being 100gs short, im sure. ( competence, time, brain, tactics, bla bla bla, NO, those do NOT matter in a pug, only GS and maybe ACHS and you don't have those anyway )

Ignore the "Join the guild" nonsense. Here is why:
    1. Be honest and accept no one is gonna invite you to the guild at this point, guilds raiding at this level are very rare, if they even exist
    2. Guild on a higher level, won't invite you and bother to carry you, especially if you don't know how to play your class and the raid you are in.

Conclusion, gear up first with some of the tips you got here, everything else will come to place. Doing anything else ( Trying to join a guild, trying to lead a raid, begging for raids, learning the tactics from some 10yo retail videos and not actually experiencing it ) THESE ARE ALL, A WASTE OF TIME

5. Conclusion, gear up first with some of the tips you got here, everything else will come to place. Doing anything else ( Trying to join a guild, trying to lead a raid, begging for raids, learning the tactics from some 10yo retail videos and not actually experiencing it ) THESE ARE ALL, A WASTE OF TIME
    I loled.
    Not sure at what level of irony you may or may not be operating.

6. I loled.

This takes around 4 months, if you do the rdf EVERY single day, voa 10+25 EVERY single week and a weekly quest without skipping a single day.
    So what, it's still what you want to use your frost emblems for mainly.

I loled.
    Not sure at what level of irony you may or may not be operating.
    Hes a wannabe troll trying to troll.

7. You 2 either don't play the game, or suck at it.

8. I havent read everything but i will just give my opinion / tips about this subject.

***First let me start with the fact that the following information i am going to provide you is straight from the head and might not be 100% correct***

1.) I seen more then enough alt runs on horde with 5k req.
    Now this may not be the best option for you but atleast you should be able to kill 3 bosses in icc.
    This means you have 3x chance for gear to drop and 6 EoF excluding the weekly quests.

Now the real alt runs you want to join are the "semi guild" runs.
    Often they take you in to the guild if you perform decent.
    This bring us to the fact that you have to check out some videos about tactics so you kinda know how it will go.

ToC raids give decent gear and emblems.
    Do ToC 10 first and use your achivement to get in 25.
    Getting in ToC isnt hard.
    Again make sure you know the tactics via vids.

2.) Farm gold with proffesions and buy BOE gear. (See gear list below)

3.) Farm eot/eof and get all the gear you can get.

Now how are we gonna do that and what items do i pick first?
    -Do your daily rdf for the 2x EoF
    -Farm Fos/Pos for EoT since this is faster as simply joining rdf. Buuuuuuttt.....you can combine waiting in rdf with doing proffesions! So decide yourself whats the better option.
    -buy the best upgrade at the time with the aquired emblems.
    -Create ur own VOA 10/25. Just ask 5k gs and get >> 2 tanks, 4-5 healers and dps. (Making it a class run with max 3 per class helps filling up faster)

As mage my set-up without raiding/VOA would look like this.

-245 EOT Head
    -264 BOE Shoulders
    -232 Neck - FoS Hc
    -219 PvE Hast/Spirit Cloak (EoV) or PvP 245/264 with the stats that you miss most ((get this last) PvP version gives a nice gs boost)
    -232 Tier 9 Chest
    -264 BOE Bracers
    -232 Tier 9 Gloves
    -232 Haste/Crit belt - HoR Hc
    -264 BOE Haste/Crit legs
    -264 BOE Boots

-ICC Rep ring - Must have, dont know ilvl
    -245 Haste/Spirit Ring

-245 Intellect trinket - EoT
    -264 Hit trinket - EoF

-251 Battered Hilt caster sword - Quesy reward
    -232 Haste/Crit Offhand - HoR Hc
    -264 BOE Wand

This will cost you the following
    60x EoF
    305xEoT
    25x EoV / 35-70k Honor
    Roughly 40k Gold (dont know recent AH prices and could be way cheaper)

If you do the max amount of rdf you get 75x EoT and 2x EoF

I understand you probably dont have time to do that much rdf cause of the time it consumes.

Now lets say you make 2-3k per hour doing your proff.
    This would take you 14-17 hours to get the gold.

Lets say you play a average of 3 hours a day and do some rdf/proffs and afking.
    Within a month you should be able to have this gear and be more then ready to start raiding icc with you nice gear set-up.
    Ofcourse luck also needs to be on your side in FoS/HoR Hc.
    But since you are already Bis dungeons this means you have these items?

Regarding the spec you play:
    I suggest you to play arcane because it just performs better on lower gs.
    Good dps helps you in raids.
    Once you get your 2set T10 you could go TTW altho it would probably do less dps then ur current Arcane spec.

I myself have never played any other spec as TTW cause its just SO MUCH fun!
    But at lower gs people just appreciate arcane more...

Regarding PvE i tend to lean more to the Horde side.
    Maybe im just lucky but i have a better experience in raiding on horde.

I hope you find the information i'm trying to share usefull. And i wish you goodluck gearing up en getting in to the raiding scene.

9. horde do seem to have more of a prominent scene in pve than ally does

10. If you cant get into pugs, play at tuesday, start about 8 hours before reset. People that havnt run ICC yet that week (and all other raids) are starting to get desperate and will have much much laxer requirements then on other days of the weeks since they only have a few hours left.

Raid quality is **** but youll get in, and usually you will finish 2-3 bosses.

Voa usually has a requirement of 5k, so that shouldnt be an issue (and u can always cheat GS via PVP gear).

Otherwise just follow the suggestions here, most importantly to lead.

The only alternative is to get good at making a ton of gold (via AH, farming, crafting, whatever) and selling gold (20k gold is roughty 10 coins, 23 is a bis piece) on the marketplace.

11. I did VoA with 4.8k gs.You are just being lazy and don't want to work harder.I did icc with 5.2k gs,but i know tactics so it wasn't a problem.Find another guild or make your own groups,also you can farm gold with professions and buy BoE items from the AH

12. If you have the time and patience, you could always create a raiding group yourself instead of looking for one. You can ask for a lower GS req if you want, even if it means you won't clear all of ICC with that group, or ask for more than you have because you are the raid leader and you can do whatever you want, especially if you are DPS because you won't stand out as much as a tank or heal.

13. idk if anyone mentioned this, but just gonna put it out there: the toughest part is always about 5.4k-5.7k if you're not in a guild. 5.1k is awesome, but 5.4 usually needs ICC gear but most (good) pugs ask for 5.6k+ so you're out of those. Alt runs pick you up, then someone for who it's a minor (if at all) upgrade gets your item and you're still 5.4k at the end with 3/12 bosses down, GJ. Next week it's the same and so on.
    That's why you should really get a guild if you're serious about raiding, don't bother with pugs. We've had people at well bellow 5k gear up to 5.6k in no time almost. Check global spam or recruitment subforum for some guilds.

14. What do you mean log on daily and collect points?

15. warmane.com>my account>collect points(if you got at least 1000 achievement points in game shared account wise).

First 12