1. Impossible to get a better gear

Hello,
    I have mage with 5.1k GS. I have the best items from HC dungeons with enchantments and gems. The problem here is that I'm literally stuck with gearing. People don't invite me for raids. They say that my GS is not high enough for raiding. I spend hours to find a group for normal raid, but still no luck. I'm in a guild with 10 people online. I could get a better guild because people just ignore me.
    What to do?

P.S. don't say "do VOA or ICC", because people need min 5.3k GS for them and when I ask for invite they just ignore me.

2. You literally answered yourself. Find a better guild. And get at least 4 t10 pieces with 264 craftable legs if you don't have it already. That should increase your gs substantialy.

3. but how should I get better guild. in game chat is the worst place because nobody invites me and people need 6k GS ACHI players. Also if I get an invite it's another dead guild and leaving it without saying anything makes me look like an *****.

4. 1. Find guides on your class and make sure you do best you can with your gear. Go TTW spec, maybe it wont be top with that gear, but its best to learn rotation, train muscle memory. Because TTW will get better and better as you progress compared to other specs.
    2. Learn all the boss encounters, at least theory. Know where to be, what to do. When to use which CDs, what works against boss spells. Don't die.
    3. Be able to commit to some 3hr long raid at least once per week.
    4. Be able to join voice communication, not necessarily speak, but listen to raid leader for sure.
    5. Find guild that raids in time when you can attend, does raids you want to do. Bring your own flasks.

6. Stop gawking around about GS. Your competence(steps above) will speak louder within guild and you will rocket to core member in few weeks.

5. Okay. 1 more question. Is alliance better for PVE? I'm horde player atm. I mean is it easier to find guilds and raid groups with alliance. I don't care about faction or "for the horde!" and stuff like that. I want to play, not spend 3 hours begging for raids.

6. Hello GeoDarthVader,

Take whatever I'm about to say with a grain of salt because I don't like beating around the bush and waste your and anyone else's time.

First, it's not impossible to get gears, in fact, it's very possible to push your gears to 6k without cash shop.

I've witnessed many players achieved this on their own, so the question now is: Why are you not one of them?

Some common issues with players that struggled to geared up are the following:

1) Spent the majority of their time waiting for someone to organize a raid for them, and hope they would be invited.
    2) Not putting time and effort applying to a competent and decent raiding guild. Global is not your answer, check the forum, look through their requirement and application.
    3) Not stepping outside of their comfort zone. If you want something in life, you need to go out there and fight for it. Nothing will be handed to you on a silver patter.
    4) Lacking a source of stable gold income.

Here's how you can fix it
    1) It's time to leave the backseat and move into the role of a leader. Make and lead a raid yourself! Lack the skill and tactic mind to lead a raid? That's what Youtube is for. Failed your first raid? So what! Get bashed by haters? **** them, ignore them and move on.

2)Check through the guild forum and read their requirement and type. For a new player, I advise to join --> Casual(raid once a week), Progressing &Standard Raiding guild (raid 2-3 times a week). Just stay away from hardcore raiding guild for now.

For guild application, most are pretty straight forward, they will ask you questions on tactics for ICC, RS, etc. Just do you homework and you will be fine.

3) Wow is an MMO, not a single player game. Move out of your comfort zone, befriend other players. There will definitely be some toxic *******s along the way, but one out of every 50 players, there will be one player you can have a great time and friendship with. This will considerably improve your wow experience and maybe even get some carried runs from your new pals. The same can be said for real life.

4) Without Gold, you lack the ability to improve your gears and dps/ hps/survivability. It's important to watch and read some gold guides online. These knowledge will funnel you with a stable source of gold to buy potions, elixirs, gems, enchants, etc.

TLDR: "If you want something you never had, then you have to do something you've never done"

7. Hello GeoDarthVader,

Take whatever I'm about to say with a grain of salt because I don't like beating around the bush and waste your and anyone else's time.

First, it's not impossible to get gears, in fact, it's very possible to push your gears to 6k without cash shop.

I've witnessed many players achieved this on their own, so the question now is: Why are you not one of them?

Some common issues with players that struggled to geared up are the following:

1) Spent the majority of their time waiting for someone to organize a raid for them, and hope they would be invited.
    2) Not putting time and effort applying to a competent and decent raiding guild. Global is not your answer, check the forum, look through their requirement and application.
    3) Not stepping outside of their comfort zone. If you want something in life, you need to go out there and fight for it. Nothing will be handed to you on a silver patter.
    4) Lacking a source of stable gold income.

Here's how you can fix it
    1) It's time to leave the backseat and move into the role of a leader. Make and lead a raid yourself! Lack the skill and tactic mind to lead a raid? That's what Youtube is for. Failed your first raid? So what! Get bashed by haters? **** them, ignore them and move on.

2)Check through the guild forum and read their requirement and type. For a new player, I advise to join --> Casual(raid once a week), Progressing &Standard Raiding guild (raid 2-3 times a week). Just stay away from hardcore raiding guild for now.

For guild application, most are pretty straight forward, they will ask you questions on tactics for ICC, RS, etc. Just do you homework and you will be fine.

3) Wow is an MMO, not a single player game. Move out of your comfort zone, befriend other players. There will definitely be some toxic *******s along the way, but one out of every 50 players, there will be one player you can have a great time and friendship with. This will considerably improve your wow experience and maybe even get some carried runs from your new pals. The same can be said for real life.

4) Without Gold, you lack the ability to improve your gears and dps/ hps/survivability. It's important to watch and read some gold guides online. These knowledge will funnel you with a stable source of gold to buy potions, elixirs, gems, enchants, etc.

TLDR: "If you want something you never had, then you have to do something you've never done"
    wow. Thank you for your time. I didn't expect such a big answer, which means ppl care about community. I'll try finding new guild on forum. Hope I get a chance to finish 25 icc or toc soon.
    But one thing that I don't understand is why do people think that 5+k GS is "low". it shouln't be hard to find a group with that GS.

8. Go TTW spec, maybe it wont be top with that gear
    This is as much a misconception as "haste is useless for fury warriors". It's some weird relic of the past that's incredibly hard to wipe from existence. Between the possible fire specs there's no reason not to go for TTW when it comes to raiding. And since he isn't a fresh 80 there's no good reason for him to go for arcane. Ergo TTW cannot be anything else but his best choice.
    Edited: September 5, 2018

9. Everyone has good advice. I just wanted to add that my prot paladin is 5.4k GS and I havent stepped foot in ToC or ICC (except rep runs in ICC), and I can still get a little higher without raiding. It's not impossible. Dont forget to log on the website daily and collect points. You can buy ilvl 239 gear for 18 points. Combine that with frost/triumph gear and BoEs and its very possible to progress

10. indeed 4.8 to 5.4k is the toughest to tackle in the gearing process. as you cant get better gear from dngs, but noone wants you for raids.

the only way to go beyond 5k without raids is by buying pieces from the ah or store

11. Hello,
    I have mage with 5.1k GS. I have the best items from HC dungeons with enchantments and gems. The problem here is that I'm literally stuck with gearing. People don't invite me for raids. They say that my GS is not high enough for raiding. I spend hours to find a group for normal raid, but still no luck. I'm in a guild with 10 people online. I could get a better guild because people just ignore me.
    What to do?

P.S. don't say "do VOA or ICC", because people need min 5.3k GS for them and when I ask for invite they just ignore me.
    that is community with brain cancer. mnost of the guilds ask their member to be 6k gs to do TOC (lol) what you expect froma server where ppl buy and sell cahracters?
    want better gear? shop it. quite simple no one will take you with 5k gs in guild nor in ICC normal/toc25 so good luck! :D

12. that is community with brain cancer. mnost of the guilds ask their member to be 6k gs to do TOC (lol) what you expect froma server where ppl buy and sell cahracters?
    want better gear? shop it. quite simple no one will take you with 5k gs in guild nor in ICC normal/toc25 so good luck! :D
    @OP
    This is what you should avoid. The "Pug scene". This guy have never made it into good guild. No one want's to carry some butthurt "but mah GS, you all cancer toxic!!!" That's why it is important to join guild where everyone and, most importantly, you can pull their own weight. They understand that they invite person, not some imaginary GS number to raids. Gear will come, it's secondary.

13. @OP
    This is what you should avoid. The "Pug scene". This guy have never made it into good guild. No one want's to carry some butthurt "but mah GS, you all cancer toxic!!!" That's why it is important to join guild where everyone and, most importantly, you can pull their own weight. They understand that they invite person, not some imaginary GS number to raids. Gear will come, it's secondary.
    personalñly im in a guild and full t10 already i just wearned him: here some "PRO GUILD" Spamming for recrtuitment" (i avoid guild names to avoid issues)

- Being decently geared (around 5.8k-6.2k with gems and enchants with proper glyphs and talents depending on your class and role);

Second guild spam (here in forums)=
    1.)5.7k GS+.
    2. Enchants,Gems,Food,Flask,Pre Pot.
    3.) Know your class well and if you're slacking on dps or healing depending on your gear we will ask why.
    4.) Never ever come late unless you told us or we will warn you once to know that you will have to tell us that you won't be able to come.
    5.) DBM is mandatory for everyone, Pally power is mandatory for palas, healbot is mandatory for heals.
    6.) Raid time is 16:00 St Or 16:30 ST depending on what day it is, also discord is mandatory.

these are 2 random examples. good luck entering a guild now with all ppl t10 aroun unless you got a friend.
    want my advice? Shop gear and im serious. dont listen at angrylol popl here heavily discriminate on GS

14. personalñly im in a guild and full t10 already i just wearned him: here some "PRO GUILD" Spamming for recrtuitment" (i avoid guild names to avoid issues)

- Being decently geared (around 5.8k-6.2k with gems and enchants with proper glyphs and talents depending on your class and role);

Second guild spam (here in forums)=
    1.)5.7k GS+.
    2. Enchants,Gems,Food,Flask,Pre Pot.
    3.) Know your class well and if you're slacking on dps or healing depending on your gear we will ask why.
    4.) Never ever come late unless you told us or we will warn you once to know that you will have to tell us that you won't be able to come.
    5.) DBM is mandatory for everyone, Pally power is mandatory for palas, healbot is mandatory for heals.
    6.) Raid time is 16:00 St Or 16:30 ST depending on what day it is, also discord is mandatory.

these are 2 random examples. good luck entering a guild now with all ppl t10 aroun unless you got a friend.
    want my advice? Shop gear and im serious. dont listen at angrylol popl here heavily discriminate on GS
    Listen to this simple logic threads:
    - Lots of people around same gear level as OP want to progress. Guilds emerge that starts ICC and RS with this entry gear. People get together, progress and get experience.
    - Relatively new players with low gear and no experience will not be invited to endgame farming guilds. Except if you have connections(like you mentioned) and someone can vouch that you have experience(getting gear isn't really a problem).
    - Each guild can set whatever kind of requirements and rules, you don't have any say it in. Join if you want, don't if you don't.

Whatever guild you mentioned has clearly stated what they want.
    1.) Shows you have gear to, at least, start Heroic raids.
    2.) Shows you are capable to maximize your performance statwise.
    3.) Shows you wont be some piece of meat that dies on every boss and officers will have to take time to remove you, replace you and deal with your drama after you get kicked.
    4.) Perfectly reasonable to expect to show on time, as 24 other people are waiting on you.
    5.) Reasonable requirement to ensure smooth play within your group as other 24 people rely on you having those.
    6.) Raid time that fits every guild member. Communication is critical.

Sorry, but that guild has clearly stated what the need and with "5k GS" you clearly can't make the cut. What, you REALY want to join guild with naked toon and kill LK hc on first week? How does that work in your mind, I wonder. What kind of God you think you are?

And yea, shop gear. That is good thing, supports server, you get no que(which is critical if you want to even approach something like "endgame").

15. Hello,
    What to do?

Fastest and most easy way to boost your GS is simple farm honor and buy Wrathful off parts + farm some gold for BOE gear from AH and battered Hilt for weapon.Hitting 5.5k GS should be easy and then you will start getting into raids and will have better chance to get into a guild.

Btw about finding a guilds i have found 2 ways to give me best results.

First one is to join good guild as social rank,and then try to wiggle your way into some alt raid runs.They will pretty much carry you even if you are undergeared and no one will get mad because you are social member.Later on when you geared you can start raiding with them more seriously.

Second one is the one i personally like more.Join progressive or social guild and try progress with them.If the guild turn out to be **** or you don't like people in it simple leave and look for another one.It may take some time to find people that match well with you,but once you do its guarantee to have a lot of fun playing with them.
    Edited: September 6, 2018

12 Last