1. Can i grind gear to get to 5k GS ?

Or do i have to really pay to get good gear ? I'm not into paying 300$ for gear.

2. 5k is terrible gear and it's not really grinding because u can get it in a day.

3. Well, i mean't like gear for ICC, 5.5K that most guilds require now.

4. I don't have gearscore installed and never have, but just from being analyzed by other people 5k and 5.5k is an enormous difference. 5k is what you'll end up around in Triumph badge gear, the Dalaran/ICC rings, etc. 5.5k is an already ICC25N geared character. You will get 5k pre-raid easily enough. You will not get 5.5k pre-raid unless you cheat gearscore with PVP gear, at which point your item level is meaningless. I'm pretty sure my mage with 5/5 264 T10, a 284 weapon, 264 belt/wrist/cloak, etc is barely 5.5k if that.

5. It's not that hard to gear up, but if you don't wanna waste a month to get to 5.5k+ get a guild at around 5k, that's when half-decent guilds will take you and do raids with the guild only. Be friendly and they'll most likely boost you when you're lower than the requirement.

Doing pugs and trying to gear up is a terrible idea, you'll just wanna quit after a couple of weeks.

6. Serious question: How do you do this in a day? I am new to wrath. My first 80 is a Shaman and sitting at around 3k GS. I am doing my daily random and more dungeons with the argent crusade tabard so I can get rep try and get enough gear to even enter heroics. I hear once I can do that it goes way faster. I am just struggling to get in!

Any insight would be appreciated.

7. Serious question: How do you do this in a day? I am new to wrath. My first 80 is a Shaman and sitting at around 3k GS. I am doing my daily random and more dungeons with the argent crusade tabard so I can get rep try and get enough gear to even enter heroics. I hear once I can do that it goes way faster. I am just struggling to get in!

Any insight would be appreciated.
    Just spam fos/pos/hor and then fos/pos/hor HC till you get everything from there (via walking into the dungeons in a group, not dungeon finder), get broken hilt weapon. Grind ICC rep at least to friendly, buy the cheap high gs boes.

8. Just spam fos/pos/hor and then fos/pos/hor HC till you get everything from there (via walking into the dungeons in a group, not dungeon finder), get broken hilt weapon. Grind ICC rep at least to friendly, buy the cheap high gs boes.
    Thanks for the reply.

9. Theres 2 video guide that sums up how to gear. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DFP3kuxXPw https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sj35EWgEwl0 Only thing he really doesnt mention is that you can get decent gear from reputation with factions around northrend
    Edited: September 14, 2018