1. Down the rabbit hole we go. Up next: bans for skipping bosses in dungeons.
    Yup. Some people don't wanna do a long *** dungeon just to get their daily EoF. You wouldn't believe how quick easy it is to kick someone and re-queue. So basically instead of saying "Kick me" they'd want you to give a long *** explanation why they'd rather not do the dungeon because the latter won't warrant a ban. Lol.

2. Yup. Some people don't wanna do a long *** dungeon just to get their daily EoF. You wouldn't believe how quick easy it is to kick someone and re-queue. So basically instead of saying "Kick me" they'd want you to give a long *** explanation why they'd rather not do the dungeon because the latter won't warrant a ban. Lol.
    i know right, its like come the **** on people. i dont play a wotlk server to relive the old days or play wotlk content. im only here for my ****ing frost badges. same reason i play cata server. i do it for the valor badges and only the shortest dungeon will please me. sometimes ill spend 30mins kicking and requeing until i get that shortest dungeon. cause im a petty mofo who deserves the best
    Edited: September 8, 2018

3. i know right, its like come the **** on people. i dont play a wotlk server to relive the old days or play wotlk content. im only here for my ****ing frost badges. same reason i play cata server. i do it for the valor badges and only the shortest dungeon will please me. sometimes ill spend 30mins kicking and requeing until i get that shortest dungeon. cause im a petty mofo who deserves the best
    "WAAAAHHHHHHHHH, I'm someone that LOVES WOTLK CONTENT, I Love it SOOO MUCH that I want to experience the good old days EVERY DAY until the server closes!!! It's not like it gets OLD after a while!!! It's not like it was 10 years ago and I haven't gotten every JUICY bit of dungeon experience!!! I wanna experience the Oculus and Stratholme SOO MUCH everytime I fly on a Bronze drake or hear the Arthas RP I wet my World of Warcraft underwear!!!!"

Spoiler: Show

4. "WAAAAHHHHHHHHH, I'm someone that LOVES WOTLK CONTENT, I Love it SOOO MUCH that I want to experience the good old days EVERY DAY until the server closes!!! It's not like it gets OLD after a while!!! It's not like it was 10 years ago and I haven't gotten every JUICY bit of dungeon experience!!! I wanna experience the Oculus and Stratholme SOO MUCH everytime I fly on a Bronze drake or hear the Arthas RP I wet my World of Warcraft underwear!!!!"

Spoiler: Show
    "waaaah i wanna play wotlk but not really, only i matter so if i dont want to do this dng everyone else can go **** themselves"

it sounds like youve had your fill of wotlk and hate people who do like it and come back to play something they enjoy. **** them i know right?* guess its time to move onto cata
    Edited: September 8, 2018

5. This new wave of pointless bans was sparked by DPS crying about tank/healer privilege, not Wotlk dungeon enthusiasts. The rhetoric was that tanks/healers are somehow abusing the system by not cooperating and asking to be kicked when the kick system was put into place specifically for replacing uncooperative players like that. Of course finding another tank/healer is pretty time consuming so the natural solution is to ban tanks/healers and make the average DPSer's queue times even longer. You're welcome.

6. This new wave of pointless bans was sparked by DPS crying about tank/healer privilege, not Wotlk dungeon enthusiasts. The rhetoric was that tanks/healers are somehow abusing the system by not cooperating and asking to be kicked when the kick system was put into place specifically for replacing uncooperative players like that. Of course finding another tank/healer is pretty time consuming so the natural solution is to ban tanks/healers and make the average DPSer's queue times even longer. You're welcome.
    Except you forget that they abuse the **** out of the fact that the dungeon finder cooldown does not exist on warmane.After every successful pop there should be a 15 min timer until you can use the dungeon finder again.

7. Except you forget that they abuse the **** out of the fact that the dungeon finder cooldown does not exist on warmane.After every successful pop there should be a 15 min timer until you can use the dungeon finder again.
    This may sound really wacky and far out there but why not fix the system instead of banning players for server bugs? It's also a 15 min timer before players can start kicking, not joining.

8. It's RANDOM Dungeon Finder. If you don't like what you get, you can leave. If you decide to hang around and do nothing, you can take your 3 day ban and think if it was worth it.

9. I think this is bit overzealous, players can easily deal with this themselves. I understand the good intention under it tough.

10. This may sound really wacky and far out there but why not fix the system instead of banning players for server bugs? It's also a 15 min timer before players can start kicking, not joining.
    https://www.wowhead.com/spell=71328/dungeon-cooldown

Dungeon Cooldown
    You recently queued for a random dungeon and must wait before using the Dungeon Finder again.
    15 minutes remaining.

Players are punished for exploiting the lack of cooldown on purpose,just like how ppl got punished for moving the Argent cannons and killing players with them.

At the end of the day nobody is forcing anyone to solo random que,they can band up with like-minded players and kick each other instead of throwing a hissy fit and punishing four other players for their selfishness until this gets fixed.
    Edited: September 10, 2018

11. Players are punished for exploiting the lack of cooldown on purpose,just like how ppl got punished for moving the Argent cannons and killing players with them.
    One is clearly an exploit, the other is how this server's community has operated for years. Making a trivial bug like this bannable out of nowhere will just get a bunch of people banned who never suspected this was a bug in the first place. Just look at OP, he has no idea what's going on. People who kick each other are also exploiting this, should they be banned too? No, just implement the cooldown that was always supposed to be there and address the actual cause instead of banning people for the result of a paradigm that this server created. It's just as dumb as the ninja looting in dungeons bans, if you're going to ban people for pressing need on items that the game clearly allows them to press need on, why not just remove their ability to need those items in the first place?

This tendency towards banning people for trivial stuff in dungeons is very bizarre, especially when there are much better preventative alternatives that will not only stop this behavior but also prevent people from screwing others entirely. Instead, the method being used right now is to allow people to screw others and themselves at the same time. Why?
    Edited: September 10, 2018

12. What I find bizarre is the tendency that (thankfully) a small group of people have to complain about measures taken to ensure fair play, which will have no effect on anyone that doesn't partakes on stealing loot and/or acting like they are entitled to pick and choose random groups and dungeons and to have no repercussion for wasting the time of other players. The easiest leap of logic is to consider that they are being affect, so they complain. Or is there something more obscure, and which goes being "complaining for the sake of complaining"?

13. What I find bizarre is the tendency that (thankfully) a small group of people have to complain about measures taken to ensure fair play, which will have no effect on anyone that doesn't partakes on stealing loot and/or acting like they are entitled to pick and choose random groups and dungeons and to have no repercussion for wasting the time of other players. The easiest leap of logic is to consider that they are being affect, so they complain. Or is there something more obscure, and which goes being "complaining for the sake of complaining"?
    "Bad things" that happen is part of game. It pushes people to play with people that they like. Make friends.

I understand giving players tools to overcome stuff, but there is line somewhere and beyond that it's counterproductive shielding. I don't know what shoul'd be blizzlike and such. But ninja and this - I can get over it, negotiate and find players to reduce risk of such things to happen. And if it happens - well that's just how it is.

And anti-nija rules have been in place for some time now, is there any kind of measurable gains from it? All I have seen is more and more "cant get GS omg" topics because players feel safe in environment, playing all alone and never getting anywhere. Instead of forming guilds and such, which leads to pushing to be better and going further.

TL;DR
    More rules than absolute minimum necessary is never a good thing.

14. "Bad things" that happen is part of game. It pushes people to play with people that they like. Make friends.
    Some bad things are part of the game, such as ganking in a PvP server. Having item stolen, being scammed, having your fun dungeon run ruined because people disrupt the game by demanding to be removed so they avoid a debuff isn't something associated as "part of the game."

I understand giving players tools to overcome stuff, but there is line somewhere and beyond that it's counterproductive shielding. I don't know what shoul'd be blizzlike and such. But ninja and this - I can get over it, negotiate and find players to reduce risk of such things to happen. And if it happens - well that's just how it is.
    That's your personal opinion, but the line is drawn by us in the end of the day.

And anti-nija rules have been in place for some time now, is there any kind of measurable gains from it? All I have seen is more and more "cant get GS omg" topics because players feel safe in environment, playing all alone and never getting anywhere. Instead of forming guilds and such, which leads to pushing to be better and going further.
    The number of occurrences of people having items stolen has decreased dramatically, as people don't lay back on the assurance they will get away with it as there were no consequences. Players know (or are informed) that it can be reported and there will be consequences to it and the only ones that get away are the ones that didn't have proper evidence collected against them. You attempting to say a ban on "ninja" caused people to not form guilds and such requires a thickness of tinfoil I lack.

TL;DR
    More rules than absolute minimum necessary is never a good thing.
    tl;dr These rules were made in response to behavior from players that got repeatedly reported and which we don't want to condone. They came from players' requests, not because we felt like adding new rules. It became enforced exactly because the community is unable to effectively deal with and punish the offenders. And, again, they have a total of zero effect on anyone that isn't part of the problem they exist to inhibit and punish.

15. Indeed it is my personal opinion and I voiced it to explore different perspective, my goal is not to get environment where I can scam and disrupt. I'm concerned about long term effect.

Tinfoil tick or not, environment guides behavior of people, intended or not. You made these rules because you believe this will improve quality, effect is something different than total zero on whole community - everyone is under threat of banhammer as "side effect" to achieve those AMAZING RDF's everyone keeps talking about. Every single person that ques up. That doesn't have broader effect?

I mean, goal can be that no one leaves, no one scams and no one ninja. Kinda boring and sterile. No one is capable to talk, solve anything because papa Warmane going to make it all good. Maybe it's just me.

First 123 Last