1. Bans- Refusing to play RDF

So after seeing a few of these:

The question I was asking myself is, what exactly constitutes "Refusing to play RDF"? This seems like a strange thing to ban someone for when players have the option to votekick.

The only real reason I can think of votekick not being an option, is groups of 3 people Qing up for RDF (or a single boxxer with 3 accs) and then just sitting there once the RDF starts, unable to be kicked because they're 3/5 of the group.

Anyone able to shed some light on this?

2. Forcing people to kick them, so they dont get a debuff. If you'd like to leave, simply leave and bear the 30 minute debuff.

3. Is asking for a kick really the reason? I just don't see how that's any different from going AFK or getting DC's though.

4. Is asking for a kick really the reason? I just don't see how that's any different from going AFK or getting DC's though.
    Yes it is, for instance there are lots of people who doesnt like Oculus and they either teleport out of the instance, asking for kick, or they pretend to go afk as soon as the instance starts.. Ive reported few and they all got banned. Some gm also said "better wait 30 minutes than 3 days" or something along this line.

5. pretend to go afk as soon as the instance starts.. Ive reported few and they all got banned.
    Well that's interesting, I hope they aren't banning legit DC'd players....and from the other side it would seem like a much better idea to go afk after getting locked to the instance so you can't get it a second time that day.

6. Well that's interesting, I hope they aren't banning legit DC'd players....and from the other side it would seem like a much better idea to go afk after getting locked to the instance so you can't get it a second time that day.
    I only report oculus afkers.. So they queued, they've hit accept button, they got into oculus and out of nowhere they got DC? What a coincidence because its the least favorite dg among rdfers and their connection decided to cut off as soon as they teleported in.. no im not buying that

7. I only report oculus afkers.. So they queued, they've hit accept button, they got into oculus and out of nowhere they got DC?
    I just don't think all these bans I see in chat all come from oculus afkers...I guess it's possible, with a server this packed, that they're all bans from the "undesirable" dungeons.

8. If you don't like certain dungeons then start queueing for specifics.

9. If you don't like certain dungeons then start queueing for specifics.
    This wasn't meant to be a post about if it's okay to ask for kicks / afk / whatever in a dungeon, I was simply curious if that actually was the cause of the bans. It could have been something more complex.

If you don't like certain dungeons, que 5man with your own group that agrees on what dungs to skip?

10. Down the rabbit hole we go. Up next: bans for skipping bosses in dungeons.

11. Down the rabbit hole we go. Up next: bans for skipping bosses in dungeons.
    This is somewhat along the lines of what I was worried about, I had no idea that you could get banned for asking for a kick/going afk/DC in a dungeon.

Keep in mind, I've personally never asked for a kick. I've joined RDF and got Oculus or COS where instantly half the group has kicked themselves before everyone has even loaded into the instance. I've never considered reporting these players for that decision, Should I, if I wanted to do that dungeon? If I'm kicked/DC'd am I liable to be banned for leaving the dungeon early? Or is it okay since I didn't explicitly ask for a kick?

If one person gets kicked, am I obligated to wait in the unfinished group until a replacement arrives? Am I liable to be banned if I DC before a replacement arrives? What if the replacement arrives and asks for a kick? Am I still obligated to stay for the -second- replacement and not ask for a kick/is DC is an offense?

If you don't want the dungeon well that's easy enough to leave and take the deserter, but I've definitely DC'd mid-dungeon when my internet has **** the bed, login server dies, etc, unable to return.

12. This is somewhat along the lines of what I was worried about, I had no idea that you could get banned for asking for a kick/going afk/DC in a dungeon.
    There's more to it than that. It's more like you have a tank that absoluely refuses to enter the dungeon and yells at you to kick him over and over and over because they don't like the dungeon, don't like someone in the group, etc. and thus wasting everyone's time. So it comes down to people either kicking the person because they don't care enough to inconvenience themselves, and thus the person has effectively gamed the system and circumvented the deserter debuff, or the people refuse to kick the guy because they know that the person is trying to game the system and being a selfish brat about it.

Going AFK, getting disconnected, or some guy being like "Eh, guys, I really don't like this dungeon, would you mind kicking me?" and the continuing the dungeon if the group declines - these are not things that warrant the ban.

13. I would also like to point out that people NEVER asked to be kicked like children just because they went into a dungeon via RDF they didn't like in Official Blizzard Servers. They would just leave and not say a word. I can only think of one time someone asked for a kick and it was a tank with full heirlooms saying "Go ahead and kick me. This healer doesn't have the gear for my kind of pulling", and that was when I was leveling in Stratholme back in Mists of Pandaria.

Whereas here, I was explained that this behavior was more common in Icecrown because of the server running a 10 year old expansion and with the expansion never changing people will get tired of it and start to demand kicks. So yes, banning for said behavior is completely justified. Despite the fact that I hardly play on this server anymore, it's great knowing that at least newer players won't be hindered by pissants trying to ruin the game.

14. I would also like to point out that people NEVER asked to be kicked like children just because they went into a dungeon via RDF they didn't like in Official Blizzard Servers. They would just leave and not say a word. I can only think of one time someone asked for a kick and it was a tank with full heirlooms saying "Go ahead and kick me. This healer doesn't have the gear for my kind of pulling", and that was when I was leveling in Stratholme back in Mists of Pandaria.

Whereas here, I was explained that this behavior was more common in Icecrown because of the server running a 10 year old expansion and with the expansion never changing people will get tired of it and start to demand kicks. So yes, banning for said behavior is completely justified. Despite the fact that I hardly play on this server anymore, it's great knowing that at least newer players won't be hindered by pissants trying to ruin the game.

that could contribute that if you were kicked early, you got the deserter debuff i think on official servers? i feel like i remember complaining about being kicked one time and having the debuff

123 Last