1. why tbc performance suck?

Almost 12 years ago i used to play wow on a pc with intel celeron 1.6ghz, and 512mb ram, and some ****ty nvidia g-card with 64 or somb ram, and had solid performance. Nowadays im playin on a core i7 rig, with 16gb ram, and nvidia 1070, and sometimes im getting 4-7fps in shattrath, or getting freezes while scrolling, or getting freezes in the middle of a fight.

Any1 can explain this? PC that literally 50times more powerfull cant hold stable fps in a game more than 10yr old?

PS: All modern games run smoothly af.

2. The WoW TBC client was created at a time when multi-core CPU's were not nearly as prevalent or powerful. It is not optimized to run on multi-core CPU's as modern games are nowadays. Try finding Wow.exe in your task manager and set affinity, assign all available cores to be able to run Wow.exe and this MAY improve your performance.
    You may also want to do a quick google search on something called "Core Parking" and find out whether it is something you want to try disabling. It also MAY improve your performance if you disable core parking on your processor. Be very careful about this and make sure you know what you are doing before mucking around with it.

3. Does it do drop frames when you turn off all addon's? It should not be a core speed issue tbc ran fine on a 900mhz. If this is during peak times you might be experiencing server delay induced stutter just due to how "everything" about a player gets loaded to your client as you approach them. The populations we see on these servers is more than retail. Like the client has trouble handling the loading.

4. The WoW TBC client was created at a time when multi-core CPU's were not nearly as prevalent or powerful. It is not optimized to run on multi-core CPU's as modern games are nowadays. Try finding Wow.exe in your task manager and set affinity, assign all available cores to be able to run Wow.exe and this MAY improve your performance.
    You may also want to do a quick google search on something called "Core Parking" and find out whether it is something you want to try disabling. It also MAY improve your performance if you disable core parking on your processor. Be very careful about this and make sure you know what you are doing before mucking around with it.
    Clearly that why I was asking for his windows, I have W7 and im doing Core Parking everytime. I think on W8's this cannot be done anymore, but I dont know for sure.

5. i think alot of it is the server itself
    i noticed dips in fps in certain arenas even more so when alot of people are on.

6. The WoW TBC client was created at a time when multi-core CPU's were not nearly as prevalent or powerful. It is not optimized to run on multi-core CPU's as modern games are nowadays. Try finding Wow.exe in your task manager and set affinity, assign all available cores to be able to run Wow.exe and this MAY improve your performance.
    "Try finding Wow.exe in your task manager and set affinity, assign all available cores to be able to run Wow.exe and this MAY improve your performance."
    dont they already get used?all of them?

7. "Try finding Wow.exe in your task manager and set affinity, assign all available cores to be able to run Wow.exe and this MAY improve your performance."
    dont they already get used?all of them?
    Not always. Try it for yourself and see!

8. Clearly that why I was asking for his windows, I have W7 and im doing Core Parking everytime. I think on W8's this cannot be done anymore, but I dont know for sure.
    Clearly it wasn't clear why you were asking for his windows. You simply asked for his windows and that was it. You mentioned nothing about managing cores. That is why I suggested that he should look into core parking as a possible culprit. It is possible to disable core parking on Win 8, you can do it through the registry or via the Power Plan options if you're on a laptop. Ask google or youtube how to do it!

Again, disabling core parking MAY improve performance, it MAY NOT do anything, or it MAY not improve performance but increase energy consumption (Using more power and draining battery life faster). It's worth a try, and you can always turn it back on if it's not helping.

9. Nomic It was clear to me, thats why I was asking for his windows, since im 100% sure its doable in W7. Anyways .. try to add SET processAffinityMask "255" into config file. Save Config file and start wow, it should start with 8 CPU cores :)

10. Not always. Try it for yourself and see!
    ok so i went into my task manager and set affinity to assign all available cores, i have 4 total but the default setting only had 1 or 2 allowed,weird.

i closed out wow then restarted it but it seems the set affinity wetn back to two/default instead of allow all. do i have to set it every time i log into wow to use all cores or is there a better way?windows 7 user fyi.

11. What addons do you have installed? It is almost 90% sure that one of them in at play. Some suspects are Prat and ratingbuster. I installed ElvUI at first and that was laggy as well.

I don't think number of cores should be your problem, but if it helps (/shrug) you can set the affinity via this Microsoft blog.

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/san...-affinity-set/

Use the second method, not the first. First one just removes the leftover cpu cores period from Windows, and other applications won't have them either. If you want to make a script, then simply do this:

1. Open a command prompt (Windows Key->Run->cmd)
    2. cd to you wow installation folder.
    3. In cmd prompt, type without quotes "notepad launchwow.cmd" and click YES to create new file if it prompts.
    4. In this file, put just one line without quotes "start /affinity 3 wow.exe"
    5. Close notpad and select YES to save the file.
    6. Now, go to the folder of wow in explorer and you should have a launchwow.cmd that you just made. Double click and launch wow to only run on cores "1 and 2".
    7. You can right click the launchwow.cmd and go to "send to-> Desktop (create shortcut)" and the shortcut should appear on desktop (obviously).
    Edited: September 11, 2018