1. Community Accepted Looting

Feel free to disagree but am I the only one who thinks the system of looting the server community uses in raids is complete asinine. The system i am referring to is waiting until the end of the raid (or before the loot times out). I understand the purpose of it to ensure people don't leave and increases the chance of the raid going further. I still feel like this is not a good system to work with.

I will use myself as an example (and i know this is a single case sample) but if i pug into a raid when I am able to get on and stay in that raid for 2 hours to down 4-5 bosses. After that 2 hours though I may have to leave cause my son wakes up from a nap or something else might arise. You are saying it is right that I am only able to roll on the first bosses set of loot? Even though I've been in there for 2 hours and 4-5 bosses?! I just feel like it is a dumb system.

I understand though that this example is from a good guy perspective and know their is an opposite side where you down 2 bosses and after the very first wipe on the 3rd boss ppl wants to leave even though you have only wiped once. Even with that taken into consideration I don't feel like the benefit out-ways the risk.

2. Feel free to disagree but am I the only one who thinks the system of looting the server community uses in raids is complete asinine. The system i am referring to is waiting until the end of the raid (or before the loot times out). I understand the purpose of it to ensure people don't leave and increases the chance of the raid going further. I still feel like this is not a good system to work with.

I will use myself as an example (and i know this is a single case sample) but if i pug into a raid when I am able to get on and stay in that raid for 2 hours to down 4-5 bosses. After that 2 hours though I may have to leave cause my son wakes up from a nap or something else might arise. You are saying it is right that I am only able to roll on the first bosses set of loot? Even though I've been in there for 2 hours and 4-5 bosses?! I just feel like it is a dumb system.

I understand though that this example is from a good guy perspective and know their is an opposite side where you down 2 bosses and after the very first wipe on the 3rd boss ppl wants to leave even though you have only wiped once. Even with that taken into consideration I don't feel like the benefit out-ways the risk.
    If u dont agree with it why dont you just make your own groups... do you think this topic is going to change something?

3. People didn't do it like that since forever, they just use it now as a common system to try and squeeze everything out of pugs. Either you join a guild, make your own groups or accept it, that are the only choices really.. But especially on bosses with trinket drops, people tend to take and leave faster than the wind.

4. If you leave, the raid now has 4-5 bosses killed and one person less. Are you saying it's right that they are stuck with one less person who they have 99.9% chance of not being able to replace (because who will want to join a raid with 4-5 bosses already dead?) because you, for whatever reason, didn't commit to the end? Depending on the role you had, the skill level of the raid as a whole, how much of an impact you were making and how much you leaving will hinder the raid, you're saying you should be rewarded for potentially wrecking the raid for over a dozen people. If you have no intention of sticking through the whole thing (or expect to be interrupted and be unable to stay to the end) in a PuG you should check before joining if that was ok with the rest of the players going. Your other options are as Secrof lists.