1. Confused if i "Ninja"

Hello, i'll keep this short, I'm new to this server and the expansion in general so i'm not sure what Ninja really is besides the fact it's stealing loot.

I was in a random dungeon tonight, i'm level 71 atm, and a necklace dropped from a boss. I'm used to pressing need if i see the option is available because i assume it's meant for my class, so that's what I did, but then a guy started calling me a ninja because he said the stats were not for a warlock, the thing is, there was 1 other person who pressed need besides me, and he pressed greed.

He said he would get me banned for Ninja, i have picture proof of more than 1 person selecting need, did I ninja? Should I be worried?

Thank you.

2. It depends if the stats on it actually are for you or not, say if the necklase you rolled for is a tank one, so it has stamina and def on it, then you pressing need would class as 'ninja'. If a mdps pressed greed for it, means hes OS is tank.
    So there is a chance of you getting banned for it.

3. Agility/STR neck or some caster neck? Some players are so obsessed with the stats in BiS items. If the necklace offers more SP, I wouldn't worry about what other stats the necklace has. Although if it had MP5, would probably let a healer have it over a DPS.

4. It has attack power, haste rating and critical rating, am I in trouble x.x?
    Edited: September 11, 2018

5. Greetings

Warlocks have intelligence as mainstat (or spell power). Attack power, agility or strength aren't stats by warlocks.

Don't forget: Every caster (who casts magic spells to heal/to do dmg) have int/spell power!

Regards

6. It has attack power, haste rating and critical rating, am I in trouble x.x?
    You might be (if you actually get reported), I'm afraid staff will see this indeed as ninja. Attack power isn't something warlock should ever go for. Warlocks are casters, so they should go for items with Intellect, Spirit*, Spell Power, Haste, Crit, and Hit. *You don't need spirit that much, but having some is nice.

7. Dude, just got banned for 5 days with the exact same premise. Just created an account a few days ago.
    Was running a maraudon as a boomkin, and in the end needed on a feral boots and won, didnt even notice anyone objecting.
    In a few minutes, after porting back to fel wood, a rogue from the dungeon starts rudely harrasing me calling me a ninja and how he is going to get me banned.
    I am feeling like whatever, you can come and get those boots while you are eligible, but he just keeps tantruming, and alas, sitting today with a ban appeal open and 4 days and 12 hours ban D:

8. Oh crap, well I didn't know, I thought if it says need then it can be used by your class, well as long as it's not a permanent ban guess I can't complain, better I learn this now than later

9. Oh crap, well I didn't know, I thought if it says need then it can be used by your class, well as long as it's not a permanent ban guess I can't complain, better I learn this now than later
    Greetings

Sorry to read that. Every start is difficult and it's sad that you got ban for this as a new player. I understand the problem: You don't know the exact stat mechanism and then you can select "need". This gives the impression that's an item for your specc.

I could tell you my exp on retail: Before I kicked ppl out of raids/grps (or reported them), I always looked at a) their equip (newbies often have a messy equip, b) spent time on the char+achievs, c) how much they pressed "need" and d) if they disenchant the items after. You could see if someone is just a newbie or a real ninja that's why I punished true ninjas.

The problem is that the rule is for everyone and doesn't make a difference between "newbie" or "professional ninja" even the players wait on ppls mistake to report them. They don't differentiate and don't care about the items, they start to report someone to flirt with his ban.

I don't like ninjas but I hate this pseudo justice of these ppl more. Instead of talking to each others they start to insult and report ppl no matter if it was a mistake or a lack of knowledge.

Anyway I feel bad for you

Regards