1. Combat Rogue weapons advise

Hello fellow Rogues,

Need your expertise on this matter. Just recently reached 80 combat rogue and i'm having a hard time determining what type of weapon goes to which hand. I've read a lot from different forums online but there seems to be no consistency on the information. What i know so far is that slow speed weapons such as swords are much well suited for combat rogues. So does the Sword goes to MH and dagger/axe OH or vice versa? Or can i equip a one-handed sword for both MH and OH? What weapons can you recommend so that I can look it up on the store? I'm more into battlegrounds. Sorry if this has been asked several times before.

Thanks

2. You want a slow weapon in your main hand in order to maximize the damage of your Sinister Strike. You want a fast weapon in your off hand in order to maximize the procs of Combat Potency.

For PvE, you will want to put Deadly Poison on your off hand because once it reaches 5 stacks it will start proccing the poison on your other hand, which will be Instant Poison.

Regarding weapon types, the best specialization for PvE is sword/axe. An extra hit > an extra crit, because it can crit by itself and can proc poisons. Fist/dagger can be used at lower gear levels because you will easily get your hands on a 232ilvl fist and dagger from FoS/PoS Hc trash mobs. Mace spec is not recommended as there simply aren't enough maces in PvE to keep the spec viable. I guess Blizzard just didn't like 1h maces when it made WotLK.

For PvP, you would go for Wound on MH + Crippling on OH, using either maces or swords, depending on your preference. You need Crippling because the passive slow from Blade Turning is unreliable. You put Crippling on your OH because it will be faster and because you will be able to use Shiv to proc it on demand. Check the sticky thread at the top of the class section for helpful guides.

3. http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=332641

if you not lazy i would suggest reading this threath , will give you big insight into Rogue in generaly

im suggesting this threath particulary cuz it helped me alot if understanding the pve Rogues , itemisation , stats , and all the little stuff that will make you stand out of the other rogues ( raiders )

4. You want a slow weapon in your main hand in order to maximize the damage of your Sinister Strike. You want a fast weapon in your off hand in order to maximize the procs of Combat Potency.

For PvE, you will want to put Deadly Poison on your off hand because once it reaches 5 stacks it will start proccing the poison on your other hand, which will be Instant Poison.

Regarding weapon types, the best specialization for PvE is sword/axe. An extra hit > an extra crit, because it can crit by itself and can proc poisons. Fist/dagger can be used at lower gear levels because you will easily get your hands on a 232ilvl fist and dagger from FoS/PoS Hc trash mobs. Mace spec is not recommended as there simply aren't enough maces in PvE to keep the spec viable. I guess Blizzard just didn't like 1h maces when it made WotLK.

For PvP, you would go for Wound on MH + Crippling on OH, using either maces or swords, depending on your preference. You need Crippling because the passive slow from Blade Turning is unreliable. You put Crippling on your OH because it will be faster and because you will be able to use Shiv to proc it on demand. Check the sticky thread at the top of the class section for helpful guides.
    Thank you so much for this detailed explanation! So just to confirm, i can equip one-handed swords on both hands, right? I'm actually more into PVP end game. Also, what are your thoughts on this talent build for Combat?

https://wotlk.evowow.com/?talent#f0x...Rtf0f0h:NohmcV

Thank you good sir.

5. http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=332641

if you not lazy i would suggest reading this threath , will give you big insight into Rogue in generaly

im suggesting this threath particulary cuz it helped me alot if understanding the pve Rogues , itemisation , stats , and all the little stuff that will make you stand out of the other rogues ( raiders )
    Thank you for this. However, the thread seems to be PVE focused. I'm actually into PVP like battlegrounds, not really into arenas.

6. question pls guys

hey what spec is best for one handed axe i am having troubles i am gonna by "havoc's call"
    but i dont kniw what spec should i do should i do combat rogue or should i stick as sublety rogue

7. hey what spec is best for one handed axe i am having troubles i am gonna by "havoc's call"
    but i dont kniw what spec should i do should i do combat rogue or should i stick as sublety rogue
    For pvp --> subtlety or combat if you want to have fun with 100% armor pen.
    For pve ---> combat or assassination. Depending on your current gear. Full arp + axes/swords --> combat, full haste with a bit of arp + daggers --> assassination.