1. Latency Issues

So I've been playing Icecrown WotLK and I have friends in the same area, with the same internet provider that play with no issues. It's inconsistent but will be fine for a random period of time then spike up to un-playable heights, it happens in populated areas and when I'm solo questing. I've contacted Shaw support and they followed my route from my ip as far as they could (to when it transfer to Warmane servers) it was fine the entire way on their end so they couldn't help me. I can be watching youtube or whatever on my second monitor and there is no buffering or issues with any other programs so I know it's not on my end. I've factory reset my computer, reinstalled multiple times and the issues continues.

Nothing I try seems to fix it at all and it's super frustrating. Any help from anyone?

2. I have this issue too, and I have noticed that it is a bad hop after london or france from my US connection. Not really much of anything you can do unfortunately, as it would require the ISP in the EU to not only diagnose and recognize the issue, but also put resources into resolving it. Most of the time that requires resources that they would rather put on more pressing issues. Not saying it won't happen, but from a business standpoint they probably have little inclination to resolve this.

Good luck.