1. Are you guys happy?

Are you guys happy with Cataclysm democimission?
    Im am.. had 2 Bis items that are now green item in pandaria, gone from one dead server and transfered it to another dead one that maybe will be closed next year if this low population persists.
    Thank you Warmane staff for not caring at all about your players and the people that keep this server runing !

2. Well, at least I got rid of my wow addiction. THX WARMANE

3. Well sorry to disappoint you, but you can never be fully cured. After moltdown i thought i was free of addiction and i was for few months than i felt the need to play again anf went retail playex whole wod, and almost whole legion, stopped playing there. Thought i am finally free now. Wrong! got nostalgic and returned for cata but i saw realm with no more than 250 online and i thought well guess thats it, but then heard my old crew is playing wotlk fresh start and joined them now again same old playing daily.
    From early wotlk i was in love/hate relationship with game on and off but i alwayd find a reason to come back.
    So i pity the fool who thinks he can be free from the grasp of World of Warcraft

4. Are you guys happy with Cataclysm democimission?
    Im am.. had 2 Bis items that are now green item in pandaria, gone from one dead server and transfered it to another dead one that maybe will be closed next year if this low population persists.
    Thank you Warmane staff for not caring at all about your players and the people that keep this server runing !
    Lucky you had 2 items.. I had 2 Bis chars (mostly coins used 2 gear up) that are WORTHLESS now.. Thanks Warmane
    And lets not talk about transferring us to another dead server.. Eye Roll
    *No point gearing up & spending coins there. If you saw what happened to Neltharion <3
    #MissMolten
    Edited: September 12, 2018 Reason: Sad Ugly Green Gear Panda

5. Well sorry to disappoint you, but you can never be fully cured. After moltdown i thought i was free of addiction and i was for few months than i felt the need to play again anf went retail playex whole wod, and almost whole legion, stopped playing there. Thought i am finally free now. Wrong! got nostalgic and returned for cata but i saw realm with no more than 250 online and i thought well guess thats it, but then heard my old crew is playing wotlk fresh start and joined them now again same old playing daily.
    From early wotlk i was in love/hate relationship with game on and off but i alwayd find a reason to come back.
    So i pity the fool who thinks he can be free from the grasp of World of Warcraft
    Yeah from the perspective of addiction specifically, if you value your time, it's best to stay away from retail. They are stacking that with addictive and/or time-wasting characteristics about as hard as they can. I hear you even have to do long quest lines to be able to fly in the zones (generally only complete by the time you are max level). The more chores they stack, the more of your time is gone, and in effect the more addictive their game becomes.

You can do something like warmane (a private retro server) if you pay attention and force yourself to be careful with your time spent, especially since you can roll on a +exp server and purchase your way around some of the normally time-consuming things.

Be aware that wherever you are (either retail or warmane), the players around you do not value their time to the level that you should. You must make a point to not freely waste your time in-game in the ways that they might. Furthermore, you may find that people who do not value their own time value yours even less. For example, they may tell you that you have a raid spot, then you spend the whole time flying around waiting because they are full and you're actually reserve. You must not stick around for that kind of thing, you must make your time mean something to you even if if means absolutely nothing to them.

6. Where are the transferred characters? My cata-toons are just gone.

7. My characters are gone too like the server. No transfer nothing just gone. gg wp warmane

8. Thank you Warmane staff for not caring at all about your players and the people that keep this server runing !
    Cata's pop was 150. The pop of both WotLK realms combined is literally 100x higher. You're a very, very, very small part of the player base and you're certainly NOT keeping the server running.

9. My characters are gone too like the server. Characters didn't get transferred what's up Warmane?

10. All charrs can be found on armory, so data still exist. And is minor chance that someday we might play them again, as we did in past.

11. Cata's pop was 150. The pop of both WotLK realms combined is literally 100x higher. You're a very, very, very small part of the player base and you're certainly NOT keeping the server running.
    to be fair though;

back in 2013 (when cataclysm had been released for roughly 2 years) we had 4 different realms. instant 85, x1, x7 (im not sure) and x12. each of the servers had a population of about 1200 to 2000. aside from the x1 server which had around 200-300 if im not mistaken. could be higher, definitely not lower.
    with each year molten (now warmane) started neglecting cata more and more. causing more and more people to leave.
    molten/warmane kept saying things along the lines of "we have other servers to attend to", "other things have higher priority at the moment" or flat out saying that they don't really care about cataclysm anymore because the population is too low or... whatever. mind you this was before Mists of Panderia or Burning Crusade was even released on this server. when they released MOP, that started to become their excuse to not keep an eye on Cata. when TBC was released, that became their excuse to not keep an eye on cata. causing, again, more and more people to leave.

every now and then I saw a warmane gm, mod or whatever commenting that Cata just isn't what people want to play; they'd much rather play Lich King or MOP, and thats why their population was decreasing. But if your cata server population goes down 2k every year, while other cata servers keep gaining more players. it's most definitely not the case.

so now, in 2018. with those remaining 150 people. considering Warmane itself has done barely anything to Gain cataclysmic population. they were the ones keeping the cataclysm side of the server running.

to some people, cataclysm is the only form of WoW that they play. Warmane = cataclysm for them. if warmane removes cataclysm from their servers. to them. warmane has died out.

12. Guys, you're talking about 2 bis items... or 2 bis chars...
    What should i say with 20 bis characters gone?
    And also my other friends?...

13. Guys, you're talking about 2 bis items... or 2 bis chars...
    What should i say with 20 bis characters gone?
    And also my other friends?...
    Probably something like "thanks for the good time I spent playing the game, farewell".
    You're expecting too much from a private server in terms of refunding. For the comparison, Wildstar, that is a whole MMORPG, has died out and soon the servers will turn offline. They are only refunding the payments made after July 2018. Because Wildstar is a business, the money has been spent on improving the game or just on sparing each member of the WS team a salary. Same goes for Warmane, at a way smaller scale.

14. to be fair though;

back in 2013 (when cataclysm had been released for roughly 2 years) we had 4 different realms. instant 85, x1, x7 (im not sure) and x12. each of the servers had a population of about 1200 to 2000. aside from the x1 server which had around 200-300 if im not mistaken. could be higher, definitely not lower.
    with each year molten (now warmane) started neglecting cata more and more. causing more and more people to leave.
    molten/warmane kept saying things along the lines of "we have other servers to attend to", "other things have higher priority at the moment" or flat out saying that they don't really care about cataclysm anymore because the population is too low or... whatever. mind you this was before Mists of Panderia or Burning Crusade was even released on this server. when they released MOP, that started to become their excuse to not keep an eye on Cata. when TBC was released, that became their excuse to not keep an eye on cata. causing, again, more and more people to leave.

every now and then I saw a warmane gm, mod or whatever commenting that Cata just isn't what people want to play; they'd much rather play Lich King or MOP, and thats why their population was decreasing. But if your cata server population goes down 2k every year, while other cata servers keep gaining more players. it's most definitely not the case.

so now, in 2018. with those remaining 150 people. considering Warmane itself has done barely anything to Gain cataclysmic population. they were the ones keeping the cataclysm side of the server running.

to some people, cataclysm is the only form of WoW that they play. Warmane = cataclysm for them. if warmane removes cataclysm from their servers. to them. warmane has died out.
    I can only agree with first part. I realy liked cata but stoped playing it because of massive bugs wasnt fixed for months, even over year. That made it pretty much unplayable

15. It wasn't un playable from the PVP Side it was awesome, I remember when the server had 2000 or more players and the PVP scene was great, there were many good guilds to play against, ya some quest bugs and instances were a bit buggy but not all completely un playable there were a few ways to work around some of the bugs.

12 Last