1. [Icecrown] A Teeny-Tiny Quality of Life Perk

A lot of us have bags full of gear with main spec items, off spec items and a second off spec, even, which we do not even have the talents for but still get the items due to nobody else wanting them or etc, so I have a suggestion that might help with that, happens be you decide to implement it. The suggestion is, as you may have figured, establishing a way for talent points to be reset while not within the proximity of a class trainer - a mechanic that wouldn't be as gamebreaking as it might initially seem, as you still wouldn't be able to utilize it inside a battleground during a match. I also suggest two possible methods of execution of that:

• Inscription - The inscription profession is, while necessary in the game, rather underwhelming in comparison to the other crafting professions and doesn't provide unique benefits or a significant & certain financial benefit such as them, outside of darkmoon cards which are vastly dependent on RNG. My suggestion #1 is to make scribes capable of creating something along the lines of [Book of Renewal]; A BoE item allowing you to reset your talents on the go, requiring 5x[Resilient Parchment], 5x[Snowfall Ink], 2x[Borean Leather], 2x[Dream Shard]. By changing your talents via that, you are not charged with the 50 gold usually required for you've already invested in the reagents which I calculated to be approximately around that value.

• Argent Squire - Now this little fellow has been buggy since the dawn of time, especially regarding its usage with the 100 Champion's Seals worth [Argent Pony Griddle]. The vendor seems to be working properly about 60-70% of the time when the kiddo isn't moody. I have observed the same with the bank however what always fails to work, in my observations, is the mailbox function as he shows you the messages you have but you are unable to interact with them in any way shape or form and lets be honest - why else would we need a portable mailbox if not to use it? My suggestion is, since the "Visit a mailbox." command fails to work, why not turn it to: "Visit a trainer." which makes your little fella rush and bring the nearest warrior, priest, warlock (utilizes a "check class" command.) allowing you to interact with that trainer's deals. Changing your talents via that method will take you the 50 gold usually paid for it since it is just a shortcut to the trainer.

Custom content - If there isn't a good reason for it, don't post it. We normally have no interest in custom content at all.
    A quote of the section's rules urges us not to suggest custom content if it isn't entirely necessary and I am hereby about to explain why my suggestion would prove to be useful. The argent squire suggestion is rather simple - it is giving compensation for one function that doesn't, well, function by adding another implementable one providing a semi-equal benefits to the player.

My suggestion regarding inscription will increase the viability of the inscription profession, balancing it more on the trade market as well as increasing demand from other professions such as enchanting, for the sake of Dream Shards and skinning, for the sake of Borean Leather. What I have been taught many times by reselling vendor items on the AH is that people will do all for the sake of being lazy and even pay extraordinary sums of money just so they won't have to visit a class trainer to change talents or visit a regular vendor to buy a skinning knife. Establishing an item with useful qualities such as that is going to create demand for it and that demand is going to create an additional demand for in-game currency, even by a small margin. That is exactly how my suggestion would benefit the game in general as well for the more in-game currency spent on such quality of life items, the more in-game currency will be sought on the warmane trade, utilizing the coins you award people who have chosen to donate.

Already aware that the fact the item is unquestionable, lets break down the financial benefits server-wise that could come with its implementation. Auction House prizes for a crafted item are often about 75-100% higher than the prizes for the individual reagents. Now, with that in mind, lets take a look at the economy and say that, at a balanced state, a dream shard would equate to 25 gold and a stack of Borean Leather would equate to 60. With how I have suggested the item should be crafted, that would make the raw cost of a single book about 60 gold. Lets say that the book has a stacking size of 20, making it 1200 gold per stack auction house buyout, which is again, under balanced prizes.

Now lets monitor the value of a single coin, which at the moment stays at about 1700 gold while at about 1100 in a post-squish environment. That would make the cost of a stack of books 0.71 coins (at the present moment) and 1,09 coins in a post-squish environment, a.k.a. balanced economy. How is that profitable to the server, you may ask - simple! While some might go their way and utilize the cancerous trade chat to find direct vendors for the item, most will in-fact indeed utilize the auction house to get their useful new books and by doing so, they would eliminate a part of the in-game currency by 10%, which is the AH cut. That broadly estimates that a single stack, again, would bring 0,07 coins (under present conditions) and 0,11 coins (under balanced conditions) directly to warmane's pocket in the form of donations. And do note that this numbers are for the item sold for prizes equating to its raw cost and without the 70-100% increase that crafted items receive while being sold by direct material farmers.

All I am saying is, it is worth considering.

Thanks for your time and attention.
    -M.
    Edited: September 13, 2018

2. Not a bad idea , usually suggestions are rejected but i think this might work , please do so as many players do pvp and we need to go to trainer every time we want to do bg/arena.

3. Not a bad idea , usually suggestions are rejected but i think this might work , please do so as many players do pvp and we need to go to trainer every time we want to do bg/arena.
    In addition to the many people doing PvP (such as myself), many have tons of PvE gear as well and that would provide a simpler method of utilizing it. Also there are many theory-crafters, again, such as myself, who just want to try a stupid build for 15 minutes and not running to the trainer is, as the title suggest, just a teeny-tiny quality of like perk.

In addition, I discovered that such an item had been implemented in Blizzard under the name of "Tome of the Tranquil Mind", meaning that the mechanic is generally possible (likely by copying the coding of the "spell" the trainer casts on you upon resetting under onto an on-use item).

4. I have had the need to reset talents mid raid few times in 5 years. During those years I have seen raid member going to city to reset talents few times. By few I mean can count on one hand. And I think all the stuff blizz added later contributes to reasons why WOTLK was the peak of WOW. People actually enjoy the journey. However it doesn't really concern me, except the fact that I'd make tons of gold from it.

And some other stuff
    Friendly AH tax is 5%, not 10%.

It is very rare and for very short periods of time when you can double your gold by crafting an item. I'd say average profit is some 15%.

Inscription is one of most profitable professions, where you really can get those 100% profits on glyphs only. You mentioned darkmoon cards, that is well above average profit enterprise, so I can't see this "inscription so bad". I'd say its best gold making profession, maybe aside from alchemy.

Talent reset is "gold sink" function. Not a good idea to mess with it.

You forgot to add value of snowfall ink with is around 15g each and ink of the sea which is some 5g each to the price of projected book cost. And I don't understand how you jump to coins and some numbers, you really think someone is going to donate to get some book that they will never use?
    Edited: September 13, 2018

5. You forgot to add value of snowfall ink with is around 15g each and ink of the sea which is some 5g each to the price of projected book cost. And I don't understand how you jump to coins and some numbers, you really think someone is going to donate to get some book that they will never use?
    Nope. I actually explained how I jump to coins.

Step 1: You buy the mats off the AH. AH takes a tax of 5%, as you said. 5% gold sink off the prize.
    Step 2: You craft the books and you sell them on the AH.
    Step 3: Somebody purchases them and the AH takes another 5% as a sink of your inflated prize, which is ordinarily about 70-100% over the original prize.
    Step 4: Convert sunk gold into coins using Trade System's statistics.

The item would in fact be in high demand as it would cater to PvP players and theory-crafters more so than PvE such that only carry around a main set and an off set. People used to enjoy the journey back when WoTLK came out, but that journey had been the same for nearly 10 years and to most of them, it is just a nuisance to go from the duel area to their class trainer just to reset and try something out for one or two duels before resetting back again. As I said, people will pay ridiculous amounts for the luxury of being lazy and as you said, you'd make a ton of gold by selling the item, as would I, as would the rest of the scribes. Gold sinking in one profession (as it is currently in 3 in the face of BS, LW and TL) would increase the overall demand for gold, making people utilize the trade function for gold even by a small margin. And of course when somebody sells gold, (you, me, the scribes that benefit,) the server will make a profit by sinking the trade taxed coins.

6. A sole bump before the abandoning of hope.