1. client with updated models gives so ugly drops, turn off shadows and it will run nearly fast as old version
    old one have 100+ fps even on really old systems

2. Sorry for the necro, but since none of the solutions here helped me and I found my own solutions, gonna post it in case someone stumbles upon this thread too:

Lower Multisampling to 1x. I was at 8x and at 30-40 fps on Ultra graphics with Custom Model patches. Tried removing all of them but didn't help. Lowering graphics didn't help either. Putting Multisampling on 1x boosted my FPS to 90. :)

3. This game is very CPU dependant. If you are on Windows, make sure to give priority to the process and try to have the least amount of programs open when playing. This happens with all MMOs, but specially with the oldest ones since they lack modern optimisations.

4. its struggling to maintain that poor fps in WOTLK

5. The easiest way is to set
    /console maxfps (for example 40)
    /console maxfpsbk (for exmple 5)

6. I had this issue aswell and tried all of the fixes here (and other Threads) but none of them worked. I got a i9 9th generation and a rtx2080 soooo yea...
    The solution for me was, to let the game run in Windowed mode. When i was in Full Screen, even with the lowest graphics settings i had FPS ranging from 10-30.
    With Windowed Mode i have about 200FPS with the hightes graphics settings.
    hope that helps someone

7. I had this issue aswell and tried all of the fixes here (and other Threads) but none of them worked. I got a i9 9th generation and a rtx2080 soooo yea...
    The solution for me was, to let the game run in Windowed mode. When i was in Full Screen, even with the lowest graphics settings i had FPS ranging from 10-30.
    With Windowed Mode i have about 200FPS with the hightes graphics settings.
    hope that helps someone
    But not all ppl's have new pc's i9 9th generation :)
    Before to buy new pc I still use my old pc for WoW which is already almost 10 years old from the old generation dual core E6500 xD

8. But not all ppl's have new pc's i9 9th generation :)
    Before to buy new pc I still use my old pc for WoW which is already almost 10 years old from the old generation dual core E6500 xD
    Got 2x PC,
    First i7 4790K + GTX 970,
    Second 3900X + RTX 2080,

Second GPU is faster up to 4x times than GTX 970,
    Second CPU is faster in single core up to 20%, in multi core up to 4x times than 4790k,
    Both spec have same performance, wow can't utilize new generation cpu/gpu.

9. Just giving some solution here, because I got the same issue that i am experience fps drops.

So my setups are 3x monitors
    i7 4790k @4.4
    16GB 2400Mhz
    RTX 2080ti
    Game is running on NVMe

I didn't had fps drops with my old graphics card - it was a GTX980.
    And now I got the with the newer GPU.
    So checking with hardware checks like hwmonitor or afterburner, I could see that the core speed from GPU is running mostly on the base clock of 300 Mhz.
    So when ingame you suddenly need some more GPU perfomance because of spell, or sthm like that, the GPU is maybe not possible to reach the need perfomance in the correct time.

So I had to lock the clock speed an i did it like this post:
    https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...U-at-max-clock

The drops got better, but still occure. The last thing was to disable the 2nd and 3rd monitor, so only one is been using.
    Now the FPS are constant and do not dropping like from 150 to 25 for a second.

Summary:
    Lock you clock speed of GPU
    Disable 2nd 3rd ... monitors - just use the main one

I hope it will help some others.

10. In my case I can't enable shadows. If I do I never reach 60 fps, especially in cities. Despite that, neither my CPU nor my GPU are at 100% utilisation. I imagine the client is sitting on its arse instead of working a bit harder.

11. I had a wierd problem where i would get stutter, solution was to disable Hardware cursor, and voila, also going into task manager and setting priority to high helped with removing the "sluggishness" or whatever. ( im on i9-9900k )

12. I had a wierd problem where i would get stutter, solution was to disable Hardware cursor, and voila, also going into task manager and setting priority to high helped with removing the "sluggishness" or whatever. ( im on i9-9900k )
    this has helped me instantly! couldnt even do dungeon before couse of the insane lag/stuttering

13. Pin that comment , I've had this problem for a long time , the only SOLUTION > Video Settings > Turn off Hardware Cursor. Gee gee dude!

14. I checked connection, remove cache folder, reinstall wow, old version, new version, firewall, drivers, windows, reinstall windows... i have a gtx 2080 super with a DISPLAY PORT connected and everytime i have to switch the displayport to a HDMI for playing warmene wow.

So if you have a DisPlay Port... maybe it is the problem

15. How the hell is that "almost high end system" ?

1050ti is a low end graphic card and Ryzen 1600x is mid range CPU ..

That PC is miles away from high end ..

But still you shouldn't get less than 30 fps for sure ..
    He meant to say that his 1050 graphic card performs the same as if he had Nvidia 6800 or something which is ultra super old. That's what this thread is about. You can even have RTX 2080 and still get 50-70 fps in dalaran. Too many people on the server creates a large fps lag spike since this client only takes 2 gb ram. Of course you can add more but it never seemed to fix anything.

First 123 Last