1. Blocked When Trying to Donate

Hello,

So I tried to donate a while ago but when I got to the final stage it wanted a picture of my credit card and identification to process the transaction. I do not provide personal identification to anyone online, least of all for some $30 transaction.. like seriously... I spend hundreds if not thousands of $$ online and they want a picture of my drivers license for $30?!

Anyways, I wasn't having that, so I canceled the transaction and I recently bought a prepaid mastercard to use; however, my account seems to be blocked and when I contact support they're like a broken record and keep asking over and over again for a picture of my credit card and driver's license. They don't seem to understand I canceled the first transaction and bought a prepaid card because I wont provide photo ID online.

How do I get my account unlocked so I can donate now?

Thanks,

2. Do you have a Paymentwall account? Or are they preventing you from donating even without an account? Did you try using different browser?

3. I don't have an account no. They're preventing me even without an account.

4. Greetings

Only the staff could help you in this case and you must follow their orders. It's suspicious when someone wants to pay by a credit card and don't want to give his photo for it after requests. You must verify first otherwise you stay blocked.

https://www.paymentwall.com/de/faq/p...rification/196

Regards

5. I will not provide a copy of my drivers license or passport online. It's too big a fraud/identity thief risk to me. If they want to come over to my house I have no issue at all showing them in person.

So, I live in Canada and other then credit card I don't believe any of the other options work for me. What are my options for donation now? Do I really need to make a new account to donate?

Thanks,

6. When you open donation window, your email address and a unique identifier of your account gets sent to Paymentwall. That's how they identify you. If you change your accounts email, the identifier will probably still remain the same and they will still be able to identify you. You can try to send an email to [email protected] to see if there is anything they can do about it.

If you are having problems only with credit card payment method, maybe donation window has some prepaid card options that you can buy online?

7. Greetings

Paymentwall leads you to partners like credit cards or mint etc. If they think that you aren't the owner of the card or not above 18 years old, they block you for further transactions and donations. Warmane can't do much when you don't verify your card.

I mean, Warmane doesn't know who's above 18 (or not) or whose card is this credit card. Paymentwall is the partner and responsable for the security.

I mean, you want to pay by credit card and enter your numbers in inet, but you have a problem to send a photo, weird...They don't travel to Canada to verify your card extra.

Regards

8. Why do you find that I don't want to provide pictures of photo identification online weird due to fraud/identity theft risks? The photos don't just pop into their mailbox on their own with no other mediums used to get them there. Even something as simple as the initial picture using a smartphone where it can easily be recovered long afterwards and used for nefarious purposes is reason enough on its own for me to refuse. Don't believe me? Here's two examples and I can provide more:
    - https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...ubai-1.4759755
    - https://venturebeat.com/2014/01/30/5...lice-software/

9. I mean, you want to pay by credit card and enter your numbers in inet, but you have a problem to send a photo, weird...They don't travel to Canada to verify your card extra.
    Sending pictures is different from entering numbers. Paymentwall is processing those numbers automatically and should not be saving them afterwards. A picture is reviewed manually, has to be saved somewhere and in this case also comes with a picture of drivers license. If such pictures end up in wrong hands, they can cause huge problems. But I personally wouldn't enter a credit card number on Paymentwall site either. There are way too many problems with Paymentwall when using credit card, which doesn't happen with other payment providers.

10. Greetings

Ppl had to send the copy of the passport/ID to Blizzard after they lost their retail accounts to verify their ownership; it should be clear why, and this was a normal process. You have no problems to enter the credit number and IDs on a site, but a problem to send a personal mail with your photo? This company isn't the mafia or anything else. Your credit card number is more important for hackers, believe me.

I know such cases where pics were used by other ppl, but this is rare and lot of dates are in the darknet anyway. Why? Because you use what's app, facebook, yahoo, instagram, apps, cookies and much more...a) they use your dates for different things, some of them show your pics and b) they aren't safe by hackers and were hacked many times.

Your photos are saved in many places: School photos, driver documents, selfies on your phone/your pc, events, your town/village, likely u use Facebook and/or Instagram, not scared? You make a theater about pics on PHONES; this is what your 2 links shows: Not completly deleted pics and someone else bought the used phone after!

It's Paymentwall here, a partner of Warmane and other companies, who lead you to different other payments like amazon payments or mint. Take a camera, make a photo, usb, pc, mail, sent. Problem solved.

Btw most identities are stolen by real dates and fake pics from random ppl in inet.

Anyway Paymentwall tries to verify your ownership of that card, because there are many cases of scams or stolen dates. You can try to contact the support there again; or [email protected]. I can recommand Paysafecard for the next donating: Fast, simple and good (and for you: No pics sent;))

Regards
    Edited: September 16, 2018