1. Gold Shortage?

So I just started playing on this server and while the 5x EXP is interesting and at least means I level quickly, I find myself struggling to get gold just for skills because of how quickly you level vs the amount of gold dropped. Let alone saving up for anything big like a mount. I read about donating to the server and gaining "coins", are these coins gold coins that you use in game? Or just the currency for the online trade and market? Is there a way to convert that gold into server gold? I'm not looking to cheat or buy gold against policy, I'm just not sure if that's one of the services offered where it says "donate coins".

2. So I just started playing on this server and while the 5x EXP is interesting and at least means I level quickly, I find myself struggling to get gold just for skills because of how quickly you level vs the amount of gold dropped. Let alone saving up for anything big like a mount. I read about donating to the server and gaining "coins", are these coins gold coins that you use in game? Or just the currency for the online trade and market? Is there a way to convert that gold into server gold? I'm not looking to cheat or buy gold against policy, I'm just not sure if that's one of the services offered where it says "donate coins".
    yup in TBC gold is much harder to come buy then say Wrath or later x-pacs TBC is more hardcore classic like then anyone x-pac. my advice to you be save up your gold for things like mounts and dont waste stuff on buying gear. with 5 times the xps you out level gear faster then you can buy it. also dont sink $$ into level bs or jc until you ge tto 70, just work on your gathering professions until you hit max level. once your 70 you can do the dailys ion the island and make so good gold and you also have the drake daily you can make gold from.

as far as the online store goes yes you can buy coins with real $, these coins can be used to buy gear or gold for your toons. for example you buy "random#'s" 10 coins wioth them 10 coins you can buy 2,000 gold if you want. again made up #'s but thats how it works and you got to be a premium member to buy and sell gold,spend 10$ to become a premium member.

3. Yea, I definitely don't really care about buying gear that much or anything like that, just my current level spells or a basic mount or something which I'm kind of struggling to afford. I might think about doing a 1 time just for a smoother leveling process for the first 1 to 70 until I have a toon that can actually earn gold.

4. yea first char is rough since you Lv so fast

some ideas:
    grind mageweave cloth
    herb skin mine
    grind whelpling pets, bloodelf bandit mask
    fishing (deviate, blackmouth, etc)

5. Just pick up either mining or herb and skinning, I did that on my first char and I remember that I actually could buy my 100% mount at lvl 60!

Start small and go for the bags first :)

6. Having one or two gathering professions levelled will easily solve all your gold issues.
    For herbalism I remember Briarthorn and Stranglekelp being worth a lot at that time.

And get the Auctioneer addon to fast and easily sell items at the correct price.
    https://wow.curseforge.com/projects/...r/files/214765

7. Yea, I definitely don't really care about buying gear that much or anything like that, just my current level spells or a basic mount or something which I'm kind of struggling to afford. I might think about doing a 1 time just for a smoother leveling process for the first 1 to 70 until I have a toon that can actually earn gold.

yeah like i said you have to donate 10$ to become a premium member and with that i think they give you 10 coins.then you got to wait 3 days i think to use the store = buying and selling gold and gear, so plan ahead if you you choose to spend $.

do like i said dont spend much $ leveling up or on crafting professions
    what class do you play?what level are you?i play warrior so the weapon is alike a must and i found myself upgrading that from the AH every 5-10 levels if no quest rewards gave a good weapon. but thats a warrior other classes are different and can still do good damage with bad weapons/gear.
    as soon as you hit 58 go to outland and remember dont buy any gear from 55+ up beacsue as soon as you hit outland there is are huge chain quests and you will replace all of your gear in a handful of quests.

yes i know its hard when you start for 1st toon on a new server!i came from another TBC server where i had a full bis warrior in s4 with a **** ton of gold. going from that to a fresh level1 sucked but was worth it cause the player population here is great.

i would say join a guild there are some cool people on this server and some will help you out with things you need. maybe a bag or some will even give you some gold to get your 1st mount, its only like what 30g?dont be "that guy" that spams/trolls for gold if your "real" and people like you they will help. i had this hunter give me like 20g to get my first mount at 30?she made he follow her to the mount npc gave me the 20 g then told me to mount up to make sure i really use the $ for it. i returned the favor to a guy i knew that started here, gave him some gold for his mount got him some bags and a few free runs threw some raids.

everything is at 70 so get there as fast as you can start doing dailys that day and make some gold. grind your reps and do arena/bgs if you pvp things add up fast and you will have gear and gold fast if your smart about it.