1. Icecrown PVP Scene - Does Alliance Dominate on Icecrown in BG's?

A few buddies and I recently started playing on Warmane; Specifically on Icecrown.

We are playing horde. Personally, I have only done two lvl 80 BG's so far and both times we won. One of my friends that gets a lot more playtime than the rest of us feels like Alliance run the PVP scene on this server.

Is there a general consensus to if this is true or not?

Thanks!

2. Both factions are victorious at different timezones, but Alliance usually wins for the most part. A lot of people on Horde are very low-geared and don't bother with the objective, meanwhile a good chunk of the people on Alliance are Human Paladins with Shadowmourne.

3. More shadowmournes Dominate.

But yea alliance has an edge up before of the racials and together with that most of the good PVP players go to alliance.

4. Blackrock is a faction neutral server so the ratio doesn't matter. You can change your characters faction/race at any point on that server for free using a command

5. https://www.warmane.com/information

PvP BG scene is balanced enough.
    Both sides win and lose.
    Arena ladder has nothing to do with BGs and using it to prove anything on this subject is the dumbest thing ever.
    If it was actualy relevant, Horde would win 1-2/10 BGs constantly, which is not the case.
    Also, top 50 are most of the times tryhards, so ofc they will race/faction change to get the upper hand...

Stop spreading the word about "Horde sucking pvp" it can only make things worse...

6. A few buddies and I recently started playing on Warmane; Specifically on Icecrown.

We are playing horde. Personally, I have only done two lvl 80 BG's so far and both times we won. One of my friends that gets a lot more playtime than the rest of us feels like Alliance run the PVP scene on this server.

Is there a general consensus to if this is true or not?

Thanks!
    People who care about mid max and arena go alliance because of EMFH and because its way more easy to find Arena partners as alliance.However that don't seem to effect BGs by much,alliance have 2-4 mins queue while Horde have instant queue pop.Aside of that both have their wining or losing strikes,i will say its very balanced.I use to think alliance dominate more but lately was playing a lot of BGs because i got new Char and it seem very balanced.Also another thing is since you play with few buddies you will probably queue as premade a lot,which mean your win/lost ratio depends mostly of your personal gear/skill regardless of the faction.
    Edited: September 20, 2018

7. Oh look, another topic complaining about the human racial, clearly never seen that before...

Arena ladder has nothing to do with BGs and using it to prove anything on this subject is the dumbest thing ever.
    Yeah, but don't bother, really, they will never understand. It's like talking to a wall...

8. Blackrock is a faction neutral server so the ratio doesn't matter. You can change your characters faction/race at any point on that server for free using a command
    Point<============================================ =============================>You

Blackrock is just a perfectly condensed example of the problem. When PvPers are given the choice, they choose EMFH almost 100% of the time, regardless of class or spec because it is multiple times better than other racials and multiple times more flexible. It is the same on Icecrown. This causes PvPers to almost exclusively congregate on Alliance and almost exclusively as human, which is reflected in the arena statistics. These people are the ones that will get end-game PvP gear and go into Battlegrounds/World PvP/WG to steamroll the other faction. As long as one racial is literally 8-15 times better than equivalent racials designed to fulfill the same purpose, the faction that owns that racial will always dominate in PvP. This is balancing 101.

https://www.warmane.com/information

PvP BG scene is balanced enough.
    Both sides win and lose.
    If it was actualy relevant, Horde would win 1-2/10 BGs constantly, which is not the case.
    Also, top 50 are most of the times tryhards, so ofc they will race/faction change to get the upper hand...

Stop spreading the word about "Horde sucking pvp" it can only make things worse...
    OP asked about the PvP scene, not just BGs. When it comes down to it, what gets you properly geared for PvP isn't BGs, it's arena. If you can't see a correlation between one faction having a 80-90% representation in the end-game PvP gearing process and overall PvP performance in other areas where PvP gear matters, I can't help you there. You are beyond delusional. At no point did I ever say Horde has a 10% win rate in BGs, that is a strawman conclusion based on your flawed understanding of the subject.

9. I play as horde and I personally like horde losing bgs. I mainly go for kills only, nothing but kills only. With that being said, I just want hks and losing doesn't affect me in anyway. Therefore, I'd be even more happy if horde starts focusing on hks rather than playing the objective of the bg.

10. Stop spreading the word about "Horde sucking pvp" it can only make things worse...
    Yes, you are right.

Horde faction is not designed to win bgs. Say for example in arathi basin you're an orc standing near a flag that is not yet captured and you see a human 100 yards away, what would you do? As an orc instead of capturing the flag, you must rush towards the human and kill him. After the kill, it is the undead's job to cannibalize the dead body of the human. Therefore, horde faction is not designed to win bgs, they're made to just fight and slaughter people in bg or get slaughtered.

With that being said, if you guys want to win bgs, horde is not the faction for you, please transfer to alliance. Alliance is a faction that is designed to bring people together and fight for a cause to win.

PS - Horde is good at pvp apart from winning bgs.

11. This guy is right. As a blood elf player I don't care about objectives I just want to kill alliances because they ditched us and they took space goats instead.

**** bg's and **** objectives, the only thing that matters is to kill alliances.

12. Faction is irrelevant. Generally both teams blow unless they have a premade carrying them or several BiS healers. You also have to keep in mind a lot of BiS don't care at all about winning as they don't need honor. They want to kill the team until the majority of them are in a graveyard which is then farmed.

13. Alliance in WOTLK have better racials for PVP, Horde has better racials for PVE. Go figure.

People who cry about these very minor issues in WOTLK should consider themselves lucky they didn't have to deal with the other imbalanced bull**** that happened with other expansions (e.g TBC).

14. As always: go where you have friends, if you have no friends I've had more pleasant experiences on horde than on alliance, but that might be my luck.
    Otherwise win rates are seriously random, I got 4-4 win/lose today on alliance.
    The only sad part is that if we lost, we got farmed on the GY. If we won, we farmed them on the gy. There's rarely a tough battle where AB ends at like 1500-1600, or AV ends at 30:0.

15. I doubt those players on top 50 ladder bother to play BGs at all... How often do you see a top glad player farming BGs? I maybe saw it couple of times, and it was a friend that stopped doing Glad farm Arenas (and he was also soloqueing as a hunter, which mindblowingly didnt help us much and we lost some of the games anyway).
    Its like PvE, you dont see end game guilds in Naxxramas and Ulduar that often, and unless its an achivement run. Once they get the achivement, they wont go there again...

On the other note, the only reason u see Alliance dominating top 50 is Arms Warrior Holy Paladin.
    If that wasnt the hands down best 2v2 comp in this expansion, you wouldnt have this "problem".

I really dont get where you get these numbers aswell.
    You can have top 50 filled with Alliance and 50-200 teams filled with Horde, you dont know.
    You can also have more people on Horde that are focused on BGs only, you dont know...
    Using the ladder is simply stupid.
    Saying that PvP is unbalanced where u have BGs with 40-60% winrate for both sides, depending on a day and RNG, where u have both factions in arena almost equaly (ive been facing the same amount of Ally and Horde teams in 2s in the last couple of days on avrg 1700-1900 mmr / 1800+ rating) is simply not true.

You can get all of the items that are obtainable in 2v2 on both Ally and Horde side (reaching 2000+ rating will just take a lot of farm if ur winrate is 50%, but you will still get to it).
    You cant get a 277 weapon and Wrat shoulders even as Human, unless you are getting carried or have a Gladiator material team (top 3 teams on ladder have 2k+, top 7 teams have 1.8k+, simply coin Shoulders/Weapon and skip que i guess)
    You will expirience both fun and sorrow on both sides when it comes to BGs too.
    Anyone saying otherwise is a "climate change denier".

12 Last