1. New player viable start.

Hello, I know this server progressed quite far and everybody is geared up, however:
    Is it worth starting here? Will I be able to find groups for dungeons, previous tier raids?
    Also what is the good dps class to roll? I read shamans are good for pve. Are there any demand or other class more viable for a [pug] raid spot?

Thanks for the answers in advance.

2. Hi!

It is absolutely worth starting. There are many guilds that don't have high progress so far, so you will be able to join them and feel comfortable.

While choosing dps classes, there are many criterias to consider. For example,
    DPS specs that are most demanded in guilds
    1. Elemental shaman
    2. Warlock
    3. Ench shaman
    4. Shadow priest

Other criteria would be damage output
    1. Fire warlock
    2. Beast mastery hunter
    3. Rogue/warrior/mage

If you choose mage, it will be very easy for you to get into SWP trash farm and receive some attractive loot.
    If you choose rogue, most probably you will have problems finding 5man groups and a guild.
    Generally, shaman is never bad. Shamans are very good healers as well.

3. on horde its Hpal/Rsham in need
    and moonkin

4. I am gearing up my resto shaman right now and IMO there seems to be a lack of Normal dungeons--it gets worse if you don't log during peak time

Not saying that you wont be able to find people for Normal dungeons, there just seems to be some sort of speed bump when trying to get into heroics/karazhan

Plenty of heroic/ kara pug/ t4 pug

Make every attempt you can to get any pre raid BiS items from group quests (nagrand, ring of blood, etc.)--also if you are having a hard time filling a slot--just grind out some honor, most people on the server don't mind if you have a few pvp pieces

EDIT: I am alliance btw, which is incredibly outnumbered--this lack of alliance population may also speak to the lack of normal dungeons. I also tend to roll the underrepresented faction as often as possible b/c faster bg queues

5. I dont think there is an issue with starting now, but NA hours are typically tough to find people for normals. This server is FULL of people who only want to outgear the instance and wiz through it and people get pissed when you actually want/need to follow the mechanics of the fight/instance. Personally I really don't care, I ran MGT n with a fresh 70 mage a couple days back and it went fine. Just play/know your class. If your a mage, accept that you will/should be CCing every instance.

I can tell you there seems to be a lot of druids at the moment.

6. Roll a tank or dont bother rolling here at all