1. How to - Optimal Loot Council and Loot Distribution

Hello, back with another guild / raid management guide. This time focused around the only choice for loot distribution, being loot council.

After receiving feedback on my old hosting service, i decided to put the new ones into Google Docs instead, and will be re-hosting the old guides on google docs also when i have time.

Anyway, How to - Optimal Loot Councils and Loot Distribution

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

2. Hello, back with another guild / raid management guide. This time focused around the only choice for loot distribution, being loot council.

After receiving feedback on my old hosting service, i decided to put the new ones into Google Docs instead, and will be re-hosting the old guides on google docs also when i have time.

Anyway, How to - Optimal Loot Councils and Loot Distribution

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    This is a terrible guide. Sure it outlines roughly who receives a bigger upgrade out of loot but it glosses over the most important part of loot distribution.

I'd venture to say most guilds that are in deep Sunwell already have enough gear to complete all of sunwell because we are all heavily geared out and will be more geared from the first 3 bosses before the last 3 come out.

What this means is that your loot distribution means almost nothing. A good loot distribution therefore should not be based on "what the raid needs" to who actually deserves it.

If you have a mage who has been raiding since t4, has helped out of raids, and is consistent ans shows up then they should receive loot over a warlock who joined a month ago.

However, in your guide you put that warlock over that mage because of future progression. It is stupid.

I'm not disagreeing with all of your reasoning but if it leaves out a big consideration point then the whole guide is ****e.

How people conduct themselves is a major consideration in any functional guild for loot distribution especially on a p2w server like warmane.

If you don't account for things like:

1. People showing up on time, with flasks, consumes etc
    2. People being to every raid
    3. People bettering themselves and working towards increasing dps/tanking/healing
    4. People working on gearing themselves from pvp, crafting etc
    5. People helping outside of raids or in ZA's for warlock's trinkets
    6. Consistency and flexibility--People who will play alts or other specs in order for the raid to progress or fill a missing role for that raid.
    7. People who help recruit/help the guild out and simply are active. Raid loggers are fine in the end stages but early on if you have too much of that the guild will surely die.

and I'm sure many other things.

I can tell you firsthand from Warmane if you don't include these things then you will end up with a dead guild.

On a pserver people come and go far more often, this means you shouldn't gear the class but rather the person.
    Consistency and capability are far more important than the class gearing.

No point in gearing a person for Sunwell if they leave before it is realesed.

3. i always thought Loot Council was the best way to give out loot if its done right.

4. Council is the best way but you need to have system in a line with that as Tempest Kreep pointed out. Iam in the sunwell guild with council and i can tell you it was pain in the *** for a long time. There was no system whatsoever. At first only Gum was distributing the loot(with no system who is active, always ready, helping ect.) what cause a lot of upset guild members. After some trash talk he took some old members 3, 4 to help him decide who will get the item(still with no system) that lasted again some time with trash talking it again so after all that and sunwell 3/3 they decided to make a change again same as Tempest Kreep did wrote about. Conclusion iam really surprised iam in the guild still after all that.

5. Tempest Keep, what you said is not "optimal" which is what the guide says. What you put it how to distribute loot to who deserves it, but not necessarily to help your raid group perform best. If you give that item to a mage over a warlock, regardless if he's "a nicer person" he can't do as much with it.

Guides like this are usually built on the line that people are equal, so that warlock and that mage are equal, in every aspect.. You're trying to create inequality out of something that is equal. This guide shows you how to distribute loot to help your raid perform best, if you do not distribute the loot correctly, you can't complain about outcomes when you struggle on the remaining bosses.

6. What is "perform best" ? Only dps check was Brutalus other than that you dont need more dps so now i think it doesnt matter who will get it. And to your "If you give that item to a mage over a warlock, regardless if he's "a nicer person" he can't do as much with it." its false he can do same as the warlock ... its boosting both classes mate not only warlock. The whole statement is dumb.