1. Help me pick a class to play

I am a new player and I have three characters that I have in mind. (Mage on Burning Crusade, Hunter or Paladin on WOTLK)

Any input on how viable each is would be appreciated.
    One thing I worry about is how hard group formation is. If that is an issue I will go Paladin/WOTLK as I can play healer or tank if need be.
    If dungeons/raids are reasonable to get into I would lean toward the Hunter.

2. start with a paladin as a new player its less button pushing and has alot of survivability... hunters have alot going on and require more skill to be effective, learn to play the game with paladin/warrior and then move on to druids dks rogues for mele

as for range characters shadow priest is probably the best for newer players and then work your way up to mages or hunters

learn the game first then explore all the characters to see what you like.. paladin would be my suggestion to learn the game on.

3. Paladins have a easier time getting in raids as hunters deu to the fact they can fulfill any role needed.
    The problem is that the alot of players share this tought and there for the server has plenty of paladins.
    This does not change the fact that paladin is alot of fun to play.

Hunters are top dps with a simple rotation.
    The only thing you have to know is when and where to put your traps, to use Md, disspell enrage and position well. (Movong alot equals dps loss)

I havent played Tbc for a long time but i recall mages being pretty good dps.
    They are also needed in heroics and swp trash runs for the CC's they bring.

All 3 classes are fun in pvp.
    Hunter and mages kite the enemy till dead and paladins are just op once they have decent gear.

All 3 are also good classes for farming proffesions.

My conclusion is: any of the 3 is a good chooise

Ps.: what ever class you choose.. read a guide about it.
    This will improve your gameplay so much and eventually helps you getting geared faster and better.

4. I am a new player and I have three characters that I have in mind. (Mage on Burning Crusade, Hunter or Paladin on WOTLK)

Any input on how viable each is would be appreciated.
    One thing I worry about is how hard group formation is. If that is an issue I will go Paladin/WOTLK as I can play healer or tank if need be.
    If dungeons/raids are reasonable to get into I would lean toward the Hunter.
    Go with hunter is my suggestion, they are very new player friendly for leveling and solo play, and they are always always needed for raids.You will have easy time getting into guilds/raids as hunter.On top of that Hunters gameplay is really fun.

Also don't overthink this, every single class in the game is viable just what whatever seem fun to you and play it, you can also just level new character later on and swap i have done this many times in many MMORPG.Its very rare to pick the class you like the most at first try:D
    Edited: September 26, 2018