1. the icecrown merge was a mistake
    I both agree and disagree with this statement. On the positive side, there is more of a population, meaning more world PVP like city raids going on as well as more PVE raids. However, the server merge has also brought forth more lags, crashes, gankers, and quest competition.

2. I always like to think...

What would happen if everybody who didn’t donate because of some ridiculous reason did, and the server was forced to let another 1000 people past the server cap?

Would it fix every individual person of who was complainings problem?

Would it force Warmane to raise the player cap?

Would it give Warmane the ability to invest in better equipment?

Would it attract more players due to the 2nd and 3rd point?

Would they regret donating 3 months after the fact?

Would it give them a newfound excitement knowing their able to instantly log into, rather than wait however many hours, into the most populated, most scripted, highest quality server?

The world may never know.

3. The world will never know.
    Fixed that for you, because in practice what you're thinking of will not happen.

4. I couldn’t agree more, it’s just one of those world issues I like to point out and move on from.

5. I heared we can skip queue with golds . Is that truth ?

6. I heared we can skip queue with golds . Is that truth ?
    no. you have to spend real money to get premium status.

7. There needs to be a counter for this website showing "X days without a necro post". Currently, it would say 0

8. I am in the que for the past 4 hours ... this is pathetic :D

9. I am in the que for the past 4 hours ... this is pathetic :D
    What's pathetic is the fact that you people just cry about this in the forum instead of actually doing something about it. If you can't afford to spend 10 euros once for fun, you should seriously reconsider your real life situation.

Don't you people realize that your whining will not contribute to anything ? Do you actually think that Kaer (or anyone from the staff with the power) one day will wake up, read your thread and be like "Hey, I should make an exception for this guy and grant him premium account" ?

10. What's pathetic is the fact that you people just cry about this in the forum instead of actually doing something about it. If you can't afford to spend 10 euros once for fun, you should seriously reconsider your real life situation.

Don't you people realize that your whining will not contribute to anything ? Do you actually think that Kaer (or anyone from the staff with the power) one day will wake up, read your thread and be like "Hey, I should make an exception for this guy and grant him premium account" ?
    It still feels very forced, you shouldnt be forced to donate (i.e give something freely) as that defeats the very sense of the word. "If you want to play on the private wow server Icecrown by warmane you have to pay 10 bucks" is going way past the usual "donate to keep the server running, we dont actually make money of blizzards property" thing.

I also dont get how a server at capacity can afford to let hundreds (if not thousands) of premium accounts slip in without an issue, either the server is full or it isnt.

The queue is one of the main issues i have with warmane (note, i am a premium member since 2016).

11. It still feels very forced, you shouldnt be forced to donate (i.e give something freely) as that defeats the very sense of the word. "If you want to play on the private wow server Icecrown by warmane you have to pay 10 bucks" is going way past the usual "donate to keep the server running, we dont actually make money of blizzards property" thing.

I also dont get how a server at capacity can afford to let hundreds (if not thousands) of premium accounts slip in without an issue, either the server is full or it isnt.

The queue is one of the main issues i have with warmane (note, i am a premium member since 2016).
    No one is forcing anything. Market dictates things, people want to play and there are more people than place for them.

Well, lets imagine that there are actual cap 14'000. Total maximum that software can handle before crashing.
    non-donor account get in only when population is under 12'000.
    Warmane allows non-donor accs to get in under 14'000.
    Donor accs were promised que skip, now they either can't skip que or crash server.
    Scenario1: Server keeps crashing 24/7, people leave server, project disbands - no more Warmane for anyone.
    Scenario2: No one donates because incentive to donate is nil, project cant sustain itself and disbands - no more Warmane for anyone.
    Scenario3: Warmane rewrites everything to accomodate 100'000'000'000'000 people online, remakes whole game world with such numbers in mind. It will cost few hundred million bucks. Or spends that money to build time machine, goes back in time and tells Blizzard to just make it better. Oh I know, I solved it, let's ask Elon Musk for some fancy AI that will rewrite it. Lets write letter to UN and tell them tho fix this great suffering Warmane has unleashed upon the world, I'm sure this could unite all nations, no more wars, we will all have single and united purpouse.
    Scenario4: Warmane doesn't allow people to crash server by setting cap to 12'000, provides incentive to donate(que skip). People get to play, people want to get in. Project lives on and provides quality service, everyone wins.

And que is not a bad thing, quite the opposite. Satisfaction kills desire. And you want people to desire what you are offering to stay afloat.
    Edited: February 18, 2019

12. in retail you can use ingame gold to buy gametime. i dont even bother farming for gold. you make more than enough by just playing and not spending it on stupid stuff. even paid for the expansion that way.
    you say that you simply play and 160k gold get's in your bags just like that come on dude :))

13. It still feels very forced, you shouldnt be forced to donate (i.e give something freely) as that defeats the very sense of the word. "If you want to play on the private wow server Icecrown by warmane you have to pay 10 bucks" is going way past the usual "donate to keep the server running, we dont actually make money of blizzards property" thing.

You aren't forced to do anything.

You can play one of our other expansions; you can play one of our other servers in this expansion; you can not play during peak times when there's a queue; you can wait in the queue; and lastly, if you don't want to do any of the multiple options you have, wanting to play WotLK, on Icecrown, during peak times and without waiting, you can make a one-time donation.

It's nothing but a "you can't have your cake and eat it too" situation where you have to make a choice of what you want, each having their own particularities and consequences. We aren't going to compromise the performance of Icecrown because some people want it all their way.

First 1234 Last