1. The queue is one of the main issues i have with warmane (note, i am a premium member since 2016).

So you have premium account and haven't wait in queue for 3 years, but queue times are still one of your main issues with Warmane? That sound like bunch of bull**** to me.

you say that you simply play and 160k gold get's in your bags just like that come on dude :))
    Not only that but the guy complete miss the fact someone else need to still spend money to buy the Token and then sell it to him and you have to do that every month and you have to buy the expansion. Comparing it to single time 10$ donation is *****ic.
    Edited: February 18, 2019

2. So you have premium account and haven't wait in queue for 3 years, but queue times are still one of your main issues with Warmane? That sound like bunch of bull**** to me.
    I think people starving to death is a problem too without ever having starved myself.

And @Obnoxious,
    You aren't forced to do anything.
    with
    wanting to play WotLK, on Icecrown, during peak times and without waiting, you can make a one-time donation.
    in pretty much the same paragraph combined with what you said doesnt really make sense. You are telling me you arent forced to donate to play on icecrown during peak times because you could play other expansions, other servers or play elsewhere? That isnt an answer (its the same as saying you arent forced to pay for a train because you could walk instead).

The fact is that you are forced to donate to play at eu primetime (consistently).

Now, im not against you (as a server) getting donations and i very much like it here, but that does very much scream pay to play to me. And calling it a donation at that point just isnt true to the world.

(and no, just because no one is forcing one to play icecrown doesnt mean that one doesnt have to donate to get in during eu prime)

3. its the same as saying you arent forced to pay for a train because you could walk instead
    No, it isn't the same at all.

Unless we are talking about there being free trains that anyone can take, but thousands of people do at peak times, so if you want to take the free train you either take it off-peak, wait your turn after the hundreds that are waiting before you, or take a paid train instead of complaining about the free one and take it any time you want without waiting.

I quite clearly said you aren't forced to pay - and you aren't. But if you want to pick expansion, server and time, plus play for free, you are in the "having your cake and eating it too." You aren't forced to pay, your choices force you to donate once to fulfill them.

4. No, it isn't the same at all.

Unless we are talking about there being free trains that anyone can take, but thousands of people do at peak times, so if you want to take the free train you either take it off-peak, wait your turn after the hundreds that are waiting before you, or take a paid train instead of complaining about the free one and take it any time you want without waiting.

I quite clearly said you aren't forced to pay - and you aren't. But if you want to pick expansion, server and time, plus play for free, you are in the "having your cake and eating it too." You aren't forced to pay, your choices force you to donate once to fulfill them.
    To stay at the train metaphor, if you wanted to consistently ride that train you would be forced to take the paid one, wouldnt you? And imo its the same with icecrown, in the normal time for playing (which for most EU people with a "normal"* life is eu prime) you are forced to pay.

Because at that point its no longer a choice, its pay or dont play. Many people cannot pick the time (you get off from school, uni or work at a certain time) and its kinda iffy to argue that wanting to play on by far the biggest server is being picky (since there are not multiple icecrown alikes, the other servers are either only pvp, x1 with scaled content or TBC). There is only one icecrown-like server (imo it would be the cake/eating thingy if there were mutiple icecrown alikes and you wanted a specific one, but there arent, but as i said, my opinion).

And even IF for the sake of the argument i agree that its "having your cake and eating it too", that still means that to have and eat that cake you HAVE to donate, which is totally against what the word donate actually means/entails.

Edit: *normal meaning having a 9 to 5 or similar job, going to school, college, university or similar, which i think most people do.

5. You can't even understand that "I want to play at peak time on Icecrown and not wait in a queue" is a choice, even for people with real life duties (or that "having your cake and eating it too" is an impossibility, hence why the saying is that you can't do both, i.e., have it all, you have to choose), so my time is wasted here.

6. You can't even understand that "I want to play at peak time on Icecrown and not wait in a queue" is a choice, even for people with real life duties (or that "having your cake and eating it too" is an impossibility, hence why the saying is that you can't do both, i.e., have it all, you have to choose), so my time is wasted here.
    Yes, its not a choice, its impossible. Which is why you have to pay. You cannot play icecrown during peak eu without paying, you yourself agree to that. That makes the donation required to skip that not a donation but a admission fee. Which goes against the concept of a donation and makes the game pay to play.

7. Yes, its not a choice, its impossible. Which is why you have to pay. You cannot play icecrown during peak eu without paying, you yourself agree to that. That makes the donation required to skip that not a donation but a admission fee. Which goes against the concept of a donation and makes the game pay to play.
    log few hours early

8. I think people starving to death is a problem too without ever having starved myself.
    You can think about it, but this been your main issue, yes i don't think so. The fact you have to pick extreme example as ""people starving to dead" and compare it to Warmane queue, show bad your point is. Try replace "starving people" with "people waiting in lane to watch a movie" while you personally skip the lane and tell me how huge of a problem this is for you. Yes it sound like bunch of bull****.

Also I don't even understand what you asking for. There is more people that wanna play then server can handle, its as simple as that. Even if they remove the premium bonus to skip queue there will be still queue times. Warmane have choose to prioritize people who support the server via donations. Almost the same as IRL when you have to stay in lane to get in a Club, but there is VIP person who skip the lane. I can probably pick 100 more examples from IRL that work exactly the same way. It's been like that for 10 years, everyone know how this works and have make their own decisions to play here, and the server is still growing. There is no reason to change the system at all just because very few newcomers and kids whine about it in forums.

Yes, its not a choice, its impossible. Which is why you have to pay. You cannot play icecrown during peak eu without paying, you yourself agree to that. That makes the donation required to skip that not a donation but a admission fee. Which goes against the concept of a donation and makes the game pay to play.
    What if you log in early and during peak time you are already online and playing? I guess its possible to play after all hmm.

Also if you follow your logic about donation benefits they also have to remove their shop. That's not how donations work usually, even IRL you can get benefits for donating, like tax cuts for example.
    Edited: February 18, 2019

9. Wow, I thought Obnoxious did a decent job laying it out. It's quite simple really, all the walls of text aside:

Pay or don't pay, it's your choice based on the kind of experience you want.
    If you can't pay or don't want to play for free then go play somewhere else.

Warmane won't work for you or ever truly meet all your needs.

10. You can think about it, but this been your main issue, yes i don't think so. The fact you have to pick extreme example as ""people starving to dead" and compare it to Warmane queue, show bad your point is. Try replace "starving people" with "people waiting in lane to watch a movie" while you personally skip the lane and tell me how huge of a problem this is for you. Yes it sound like bunch of bull****.

Also I don't even understand what you asking for. There is more people that wanna play then server can handle, its as simple as that. Even if they remove the premium bonus to skip queue there will be still queue times. Warmane have choose to prioritize people who support the server via donations. Almost the same as IRL when you have to stay in lane to get in a Club, but there is VIP person who skip the lane. I can probably pick 100 more examples from IRL that work exactly the same way. It's been like that for 10 years, everyone know how this works and have make their own decisions to play here, and the server is still growing. There is no reason to change the system at all just because very few newcomers and kids whine about it in forums.

What if you log in early and during peak time you are already online and playing? I guess its possible to play after all hmm.

Also if you follow your logic about donation benefits they also have to remove their shop. That's not how donations work usually, even IRL you can get benefits for donating, like tax cuts for example.
    It is my main issue, mostly because i have very little issues with warmane as such, a bunch of issues with 3.3.5a but very little with the server and most of them are cosmetic (ignoring MOP). Whenever i try to convince someone to try this server out it usually ends with "i have to wait 3 hours to play, this isnt worth it". Its also quite rude for you to just assume things about me, if i say its my main issues, its my main issue.

And i do not know if they could fix it, if they had the technology to run multiple servers via phasing or just multiple servers (icecrown 1, icecrown 2, etc) where you could server transfer once per month or or or. Maybe they cannot do anything and im just argueing about semantics. But a required donation is not a donation.

And the difference of the cash shop (albeit im not a huge fan of that either, but i accept it as a necessity) is that you can achieve everything in game that you can buy by just normally playing the game, you however cannot skip the queue (i.e come home from work and play for a bit) without having donated, its just not possible if you live in the EU. There are work arounds like logging in earlier, but those dont work for people who have commutes nor does it go well with crashes.

Wow, I thought Obnoxious did a decent job laying it out. It's quite simple really, all the walls of text aside:

Pay or don't pay, it's your choice based on the kind of experience you want.
    If you can't pay or don't want to play for free then go play somewhere else.

Warmane won't work for you or ever truly meet all your needs.

That totally contradicts the business model of every donation based private server and how they operate in a legally grey area (i.e we dont make money with Blizzards product, we just take Donations). If you go to the pay for play part you are properly illegal, even in russia.
    Edited: February 20, 2019

11. I'm replying and closing this, because the levels or ridiculousness are threatening to tear a hole in the space-time continuum now.

Players aren't required to pay anything. The servers are there. Anyone can connect. Anyone can play. You might face a queue because too many are playing, but that doesn't requires any payment, as you're not required to play when there's a queue - you do so by choice. The fact that there is a queue also doesn't make anything requiring a payment, as any lobotomized ape would be able to deduce from the simple fact that thousands of people playing when there's a queue didn't donate anything - they simply log in before the queue or wait until a spot opens for them.

If you make the choice to want to play when there's over ten thousands of other people wanting to play as well, you will have to compromise somehow, be it by being patient in the queue, by logging in earlier or by making use of the skip perk we offer as thanks for those who support the server. Coming whine in the Forums that you're "forced to donate" isn't a fourth option.

First ... 234