Freud45

The Warmane breach at December 1, 2016

Hello Community,

the new Firefox monitor is avaible for public, where you can find out if your E-Mail was stolen in a cyberattack. Warmane got breached arround December 2016 and 1 Million Account information got stolen. My E-Mail Adresse, Dates of birth, Password and Username got stolen aswell.

I just wanted to share the information, so you guys can look it up if your E-Mail adresse, pw etc got stolen aswell.

Cheers from Freud
    Edited: September 26, 2018

2. Odd.

The usual place I check for breaches has warmane listed, however my email doesn't show as part of it.

Imformation from "haveibeenpwned.com"

3. It was a weakness in vBulletin, unfortunately, for those members who have been around long enough to be aware of it. Such a thing having supposedly occurred as late as December 2016 is merely these sites finally catching wind of what had happened, and that information being passed around. Such account compromises are no longer relevant anymore because accounts on Warmane are forced to change their password if it hasn't been changed within the last 6 months (been in place for a while), and 2-step authentication is required for accounts in many cases where those players may want to take advantage of features on our website that require the trading of sensitive currencies (coins). That's not to mention the other tools we provide to our users to ensure their security, and the multiple stages of customer support that we provide.

That said, I'm closing this thread, and I really wish this would stop getting reposted as if it were news. Attempts to scare our community are really not necessary, as there is nothing for them to be afraid of. Thank you.