1. Hesitant about tanking

Hi all. My Druid is my main and is 5.1gs resto and only about 4K feral tank. I wouldn’t say I am afraid to tank, just that I’m hesitant to. I think it stems from my lack of knowledge of dungeons. As a healer, I just follow the group and keep people alive. For DPS classes, you just keep up with the tank and blow stuff up.

Has anyone else had the same irrational fears as me? What did you do to help overcome this? Do you watch videos and read guides before hand, inform your group that your a new tank, just go for it hope for the best, etc.?

2. I had similar thoughts, actually. For some reason it seems like the tank is always supposed to be the one who knows where / how to do things. Well what I did was run as a dps or heal til I got a bit more comfortable and familiar with places.

Also, you can try running with friends or a guild and ask them what the tactics are. Not to mention, as I stated before, being the tank doesn't automatically mean you know exactly what to do, don't be afraid to ask your group

3. Run all instances on normal first matey. You will be paired with lower leveled players who will be joyous to have a level 80 tank and you'll get to learn the dungeons properly before going to the harder heroics.

4. It's OK, just go and learn along the, trust me, 70% (I pulled the percentage out of my ***, but seems accurate) of people there just wing it.
    If you do something bad someone will say something, say sorry, and remember it, heck there's like 2 bosses that can screw you up in RDFs.
    If you see the boss/mob spinning hitting everyone try to pull him away from the dps, I'd you see some mob spraying in front of him turn him away from the group, that's about it for dungeons.
    For raids you'll need to read the guides regardless of being a tank, healer or a dps. RDFs are quite a bit easier, and feral are great even in lower gear since they're capped from the start.