1. Rating Requirements on Arena Gear Make No Sense

The arena rating requirements on gear should be extremely lowered, trying to reach 2200 on an inactive server is nearly impossible. Removing the requirement completely would be OP for players that PVE but 2200 rating is essentially impossible to reach at this point, and because of how dead the scene is, the rating requirements on all gear should definitely 100% be lowed (2200 weapon to 1700 rating, 2k shoulders to 1500, etc.) but not to much so PVE players can take advantage of it.
    Edited: October 5, 2018

2. I second this and I play on Lordaeron. On Lordaeron there's no way to get to top ranks with so few players playing and the few tryhard top ranking teams maintaining their top ranks. Unless you're an absolute arena virtuoso, that is, you stand no chance to get geared.
    Edited: October 5, 2018

3. Unless you're an absolute arena virtuoso, that is, you stand no chance to get geared.
    Abd that's the way it should always be; If you're not skilled enough to obtain your gear in a legit way you can always donate for it, nothing of the current rating requirement needs to change.

4. Abd that's the way it should always be; If you're not skilled enough to obtain your gear in a legit way you can always donate for it, nothing of the current rating requirement needs to change.
    Thats not the case, the amount of players matters a lot in these scenarios. During retail you had hundreds of thousands of players above 2k, so it wasnt as hard to get there (not to mention that the average gear of the enemy player was bad, unlike here where from 1500 onwards u basicely only meet bis people). On icecrown, and especially on Lord, the amount of people who play aremas is massively lower. So that there are like 200 people or so (educated guess) above 2.2k at any given point, meaning you need to be amongst the best 200 players of the server, that are playing, to get gear.

Pvp gear should not be absurdly hard to get, while pve gear is thrown at people.

5. Lol, it's like that even on Icecrown... which is why I stopped PvPing there several years ago. What's the point of trying to climb when donors remake teams just so that they can squash lowbies or when all >2200 teams are donors?

No, thanks.

This happened to PvP first. Then, as time passed, PvE also slowly became this way. People nowadays are getting geared not because they're good but because it's kinda hard not to get carried when 90% of the server is in T10 and when for several consecutive years the Christmas event was basically a T10 giveaway to every single 80lvl out there (I know, I got full T10 on several naked alts that way). Why the **** should I even care about PvE then, in case thousands of players got their T10 for free?

Again, no, thanks.

The only thing that would make me play on WotLK again is a second Moltdown.

6. I also agree that a few items should have revisions made to their requirements just due to inaccessibility. Particularly items with 3v3 requirements, simply due to the fact that they are borderline impossible to get, and not at the fault of player skill, but due to an insufficient pool of players.

3v3 will only be revived by the cross realm bg(not affecting arena? not sure) merge, and by incentivizing it further to people. Warmane has made it fairly clear that they don't intend to incentivize it any further than how blizzard did, so all we can realistically hope for is that an arena merge will boost activity enough to make these items accessible. If this is not possible, there is very little reason why these items, like shoulders and T2 wep, shouldnt be obtainable via 2k and 2.2k 2v2 respectively.

Icecrown/lord try to hold on to a blizzlike feel, but with how rampant shadowmourne is on icecrown and the introduction of transmog, this sort of change would have far less effect on server health and blizzlike authenticity than these changes that have already been made. There is no real downside at this point since 3v3 is already dead, and it's a very simple change to make on the programming side of things.

7. Why is 3s so dead tho? I remember back when we had fresh Cataclysm realms and population there was only 2-3k i had no problems pushing 2.2k in 3s for my elite weapon. But on icecrown where population is multiple times higher we cant have that, its very weird.