1. Worth starting here?

Hey boys. Looking into getting back on the tbc train. How is outland for new players? Easy to get grps for dungeons? Normal and hc.
    Are T4 and t5 beeing puged or are ppl just farming sunwell?
    How is the server overall in ways of community?
    Also is it possible to find tanks and healers?
    Edited: October 5, 2018

2. speaking mainly about horde here, i do play ally a bit but only pvp so i keep global chat off

gruul is pugged for DST which is usually reserved. haven't seen a mag pug in months
    T5 is generally skipped by pubs and guilds alike nowadays
    Hyjal trash is occasionally pugged for the caster mace (usually reserved)

However there are guilds at all stages (even vashj/kael) so you won't have trouble finding a good guild i don't think

Normal dungeons do go on (not sure about ally side). HC always going on
    Community is ok, lot of "DE" shard ninjas, BG afkers/bots, and 1-wipe-leavers in 5man pubs. NA evenings have a much better community than euro primetime
    Tanks and heals are around, prot pala or druid tank are the best for finding pugs, next best would be mage or shadowpriest

Ally is more NA-heavy, horde more euro-heavy

awesome serv with no bugs or anything, well raid trash mobs got screwed up a few days ago but i'm sure it will be fixed soon. otherwise everything works great
    Edited: October 5, 2018

3. How is the server overall in ways of community?
    One word: GearScore. Do you for some reason think it belongs in TBC? Then you will feel right at home.
    If you feel the person who backported GS to TBC should be hanged then don't roll here. You'll get annoyed by the amount of wrath babies on this server.

4. Thanks. Then i dont belong here. I would never deal with gs in tbc.

5. Thanks. Then i dont belong here. I would never deal with gs in tbc.
    Well you will need to learn once some ****** created that addon, you will find it in any server.... sadly

6. Well you will need to learn once some ****** created that addon, you will find it in any server.... sadly
    Actually, no. Medivh didn't have people asking for GS, same for 2 other now-dead BC realms (HF2 and FM) that I played on. Outland is the only BC realm I've ever played on that got infected with the GS disease. There might be other ones that I haven't played on of course, but it's definitely not all BC realms. It really depends on the community. 1x and 2x servers like the ones I mentioned attract a very different sort of people compared to high rate p2w servers like Outland, and I think that's why you don't find GS there but you do on Outland.

7. close, but x5 IS the reason for GS imo
    on x5 and in this "final patch", any class can get 70 and even Heroic keyed in like Tanaris greens and 5 empty slots. Kind of irritating to alt tab and armoury every random person applying for your PUG

8. close, but x5 IS the reason for GS imo
    on x5 and in this "final patch", any class can get 70 and even Heroic keyed in like Tanaris greens and 5 empty slots. Kind of irritating to alt tab and armoury every random person applying for your PUG
    Some caster can be fully decked out in PvP gear and have a huge GS but pull less DPS than someone in a proper full Heroic gearset because of the Spell Hit cap. Or someone can be itemized completely the wrong way (like an Affliction Warlock or Combat Rogue gearing for crit). And there are a fair bit of items with lower GS that are better than items with a higher GS. TBC is the expansion with the most lower level items being better than higher level items. GS is deeply flawed in TBC, because TBC really isn't about bigger number = better item. As a Rogue for example, before I quit because the GS cancer was too much on this server, I even outDPSed Hunters and Warlocks with a higher GS than me because I itemized properly (i.e., 2 pieces of Wastewalker for the hit rating, low GS though because they're blue items!, still BIS in T4).
    Not to mention that any complete scrub can buy donation gear to pump his GS but have absolutely no clue on how to play his class. I'd rather take the full Heroic geared player because you know he didn't buy his gear (why would you buy blues when you can buy epics?) and actually knows how to play his class.

GS could be useful if it's used as a very rough indication but that's not the way it's used on Outland. On Outland it's used to cut off anyone with a lower number. The amount of heroics and pugs I wasn't invited to because my GS was "too low", even though I usually topped the meters and was always in the top 5... GS is cancer.

9. Some caster can be fully decked out in PvP gear and have a huge GS but pull less DPS than someone in a proper full Heroic gearset because of the Spell Hit cap. Or someone can be itemized completely the wrong way (like an Affliction Warlock or Combat Rogue gearing for crit). And there are a fair bit of items with lower GS that are better than items with a higher GS. TBC is the expansion with the most lower level items being better than higher level items. GS is deeply flawed in TBC, because TBC really isn't about bigger number = better item. As a Rogue for example, before I quit because the GS cancer was too much on this server, I even outDPSed Hunters and Warlocks with a higher GS than me because I itemized properly (i.e., 2 pieces of Wastewalker for the hit rating, low GS though because they're blue items!, still BIS in T4).
    Not to mention that any complete scrub can buy donation gear to pump his GS but have absolutely no clue on how to play his class. I'd rather take the full Heroic geared player because you know he didn't buy his gear (why would you buy blues when you can buy epics?) and actually knows how to play his class.

GS could be useful if it's used as a very rough indication but that's not the way it's used on Outland. On Outland it's used to cut off anyone with a lower number. The amount of heroics and pugs I wasn't invited to because my GS was "too low", even though I usually topped the meters and was always in the top 5... GS is cancer.
    The whole GS horse has been beaten to death on this server. Im not a big fan of it, however it DOES serve as a very rough idea if someone is ready for what ever instance your running. Yes, gear doesnt matter as much as playing your class well. When i build groups for heroics or kara, I really dont give care about GS unless they are healing me or I am healing them. I've invited and cleared MGT N w/ fresh 70s, Ive also failed w/ people much better geared.

Typically the only time I will deny someone is if they severly undergeared and going to heal me, might even not care if the rest of the group is decent and we can CC. Problem is alotta people just want gogogo.

The big thing is PVP gear. Ive ran into a lot of pvp people who have no idea what they are doing in instance/raid. Pvp gear is typically 100% fine for heroics, kara even. Its the person playing the charactor that may, or may not, have any idea on the mechanics of a fight. The most irritating is someone in pvp gear, who can lay out good damage, ignores all cc and doesnt know what skull/X means
    Edited: October 8, 2018

10. I'm not a fan of GS either, but it actually makes some (little) sense to use it on Outland. This is a high rate server, like, seriously high rate, 5x, was it? Which means that many people are reaching 70 with mid-thirties vanilla greens or no items at all in some slots. Sure, some *****s are often putting just ANYTHING to fill the slot, like in server's early days I've seen some huntard with healing epic leather, but mostly it lowers your chances of having a useless member in a dungeon.