1. Why did i go prot?

Started a warrior and decided to level as prot. I was nice for a while, but slow. Switched over to fury and OMG. I'm only lvl 48, but mobs just melt away. I don't even have Bloodsurge yet to give instant slams. Just WW, BT and a victory rush. From what a read (aside from a few other skills later on) that's basically the rotation. Did a RDF and topped the dps charts in SM Cath.

Is that what I can expect from warrior as i continue to level and into endgame? If so, this is gonna be fun.

2. If Prot was slower to you than Fury, then you probably never talented/used Revenge, because that's 40% of all your dmg and normal-hits as hard as the other two specs' crits. Thunder Clap and Shockwave also net quite a lot of damage on Recount. I usually do around 40% of my entire group's damage as Prot in an RDF, all the way up to max level.

After Prot comes Arms because Arms is more rage-efficient and you will have rage issues from 1lvl to 80lvl 5k GS.

Then there is also the Revenge-spamming Arms/Prot hybrid with Unrelenting Assault + Improved Revenge. This one is easily the leveling spec with the highest DPS in the game. Sadly, it is unpopular because its usage is limited only to leveling (and dueling melee and pet classes).

Fury is literally the worst until you reach 80lvl and around 5k GS, when it can finally show its potential, keeping Flurry up and WW + BT down.

3. Hmm interesting. I followed a prot spec that focused on revenge spamming and it didn't seem that way. As soon as I switched to fury at lvl 45, i was 2-3 shotting mobs and mowing through packs at break-neck speed. Maybe it's just me, but i got 15 lvls that night, where as it took severals days prior at prot just to get to 45.

Either way, things are going nice now. I did read about how fury lags behind until 5k gs, but i'm enjoying it so far.

4. You need a minimum of 46lvl in order to get Unrelenting Assault 2/2 and then 58lvl in order to get Improved Revenge 2/2. The whole point of the spec revolves around combining these two talents.

You switched to Fury before you even unlocked the spec's potential.

5. I'm lvling a prot warrior right now, and when I reached lvl 60 I had to go get dual spec just to see, to feel, how it was to wield two gigantic weapons one in each hand, so I tried fury and I agree with you the damage seemed massive the mobs were melting before they could even hurt me. Untill a horde death knight attacked me, I fought back the best I could and I died while he survived with 80% hp (he didn't use any major cds), after ressurecting I switched back to prot and went after that death knight, who had healed himself up to full eventually, and as prot I killed and camped the dk.

And that is why I never went back to fury ever since.
    The damage in prot isn't too bad either, it got better recently too since I've been getting rage faster now for some reason.