1. Best pet for leveling?

Im having a hard time leveling my hunter since my pet cannot hold the aggro. When i do my normal damage rotation Serpent, Aimed, Arcane, Chimera I always pull the aggro instantly. I tried Gorilla, Spider and Ravager with no luck. They all suck. And once I pull the agrro the mob keeps chasing me and i have to jump around like an ***** its so annoying.

2. Don't use abilities as much? Turn on damage amps and serpent and then just auto attack until they are dead.

3. It's normal for hunters to kite. Use it as an opportunity because in PvP that's literally all you'll do.

On topic, use spiders. Their web gives you enough time to kill your target. You can also use a Tenacity pet because they get a hard taunt from talents. The taunt will be useless against players, however.

4. Crab is a good pet has a 4 second root type move and they are pretty hardy

5. level as bm, not mm. used a cat/wolf as a bm and never had agro issues.

6. I've been levelling with a wind serpent or whatever you call the winged things in Barrens and 1k Needles. Between it's growl, wing clip, frost trap, and concussive shot, I never have any problems.

7. Ignore mongos suggesting leveling as BM. Go Marksman and level with a PvP pet: a spider or ravager is best. I prefer spiders because so few classes have a way to break immobilizes while leveling.