1. 1st time rogue help

So iv been playing for maybe around 2 weeks now and have a rogue lvl 45, Spriest 22 and Warlock 18. Iv tossed between these classes just to see what will be easier to play for my playstyle. Anyways at this point iv stayed on the rogue due to the dps and easy times I have in dungeons, the pve combos seem str8 forward. Anyways now im getting into higher levels the areas to level are filled with alliance so getting ganked is of course going to occur BUT im having trouble taking alliance down. Yesterday I was doing a quest, came across a lvl 40 druid who started to fight first so I retaliated and fought back but lost! I was so embarrassed! Got my *** handed to me by a 5 level lower druid. After this defeat it made me rethink of maining a rogue due to I guess the skill level required. In retail WoW I mained Hunter because I was told it was beginner friendly and it was okay in both pve and pvp, but wanted to try rogue in warmane. Anyways my questions are if I should stay on my rogue and continue trying or maybe try a different spec, is there any useful combos I can try or should learn, if none of the above then as a DPS player what class should I re-roll as?

My gear isnt the best and im also Combat spec

2. Which expo are you playing?
    Combat is not a good spec for PvP so expect to have to be more skilled than other specs to defeat other players.
    Rogue is very dependent on getting the opener. If another class gets the jump on you the fight will be a lot harder and you will need to be a good Rogue player to win in those scenarios. Rogues have an insanely high skill cap and are very rewarding, but if you're looking for a class that you can basically just kill people with without any skill required just reroll (Paladin for example in WotLK).

3. Im playing in wotlk expo, and yeah im starting to find at higher level the Rogue needs some practice and I don't think im ever going to hit that skill cap needed, so I may reroll at this point

4. Well, it takes a long time to hit that skill cap but once you get above average skills you start to notice how good the class is. I remember I started playing Rogue back in retail TBC (my first ever alt) and I was like, this is so much harder than I thought it would be. When I started to get good with the class though... there are SO MANY tricks you can use as a Rogue, it's unreal. All I can say is that learning to play Rogue worth the time investment. This is a great example video of how good a well-played Rogue is: https://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=127739.
    If you don't want to invest any time and just want to smash face Paladin, Warrior or DK are a good choice in WotLK. I'm not saying that they don't have a high skill cap, but they certainly have a higher skill floor than Rogues in WotLK.