1. I highly thought Alliance was a peaceful faction until I made character in horde. Jesus...
    What in the world made you think that?! I keybinded /faceplam emote in order to use it every time I see a bis geared Ret/Sub/Arms from my faction oneshoting a guy that is not even 80.

2. I played Alliance and didn't get ganked for a while. What i see is that Horde ganks less and their main strategy is to kill you at level 80 with more 80 levels. SO this is some ''ganking''.

Then I started playing in horde and god damn what is wrong with the alliance? They gank every second, wherever i go alliance is ganking. Rogues 80 are just ganking everything. Paladins ganking, hunters ganking. Whenever i go, ganks, ganks, ganks.

I highly thought Alliance was a peaceful faction until I made character in horde. Jesus...
    It was the same in retail on 2 of the 3 servers I tried to play on. Their were alliance guilds that even griefed their own ppl by going to the starting zones with 1 hunter in each area during prime time to killing all the mobs and not looting them so they would take longer to respawn (bodies stayed longer in BC). They would get away with it by telling the mods they just enjoyed killing low level mobs to relax even though they would admit to doing it to grief players in local.

3. overloard this isnt true at all, its just your expierence with that faction.
    both faction are ganking and in my opinion both factions also help lowbies against gankers.
    there is more than one way to avoid ganking , take break till the ganker is gone, change the area you are leveling and my favorite ask for help.
    you wouldnt believe how many player out there are willing to help you out (ofc sometimes you wont find anybody ^^)

and seriously who cares why someone kills lowbies ? it doesnt matter if they are just bored or whatever ,you die in the end.

4. I don't gank often, but when I do it's usually part of a STRATEGY.

Say a certain guild ganks a guildie of mine. I'll start ganking thier lower leveled guildies, log a toon of the other faction and tell them why.
    It's an effort to get their own guildies to rip them a new one.

And then there's times where my guildies get ganked in STV, so I enact the IF IT'S RED IT'S DEAD protocal.

I may disagree with some people's reason for doing this but it is part of the game. You just have to either outwit, outplay, or ignore them

5. Say a certain guild ganks a guildie of mine. I'll start ganking thier lower leveled guildies
    This says something about you as a person. If you come out of work and discover that someone keyed your car, do you key someone else's car as revenge?

These lowbies in that guild are just regular people trying to play the game. They did nothing to you. Someone else in their guild did something. In what universe is this just revenge? Do you really think that the original ganker in that other guild feels somehow troubled that his guildies were ganked? Do you think his guild had a meeting and decided that they should stop ganking your guild's lowbies now?

6. The best part about these threads is that you crybabies are only making us gank and camp u more, and you can't do nothing to stop us hehe. Enjoy :)

7. Never met a lowbies ganker who is also a good player, sooner or later they get what they deserve from more advanced players.

8. Part of the struggle of this game was always the fact once you hit like level 10 and go to barrens you can get ganked or Southshore and get ganked
    That's a challenge that made it fun. I often find myself in hellfire peninsula getting ganked by allies but it's ok at least they aren't Skull to me anymore XD

Now If allies are in the Valley of Trials killing people under level 10 or Horde is over in elwyn forest at the abby that might be grounds for bullying since there could be new players there that have never played before trying to get a grasp for the game

Otherwise once you hit Whoreshire or Razor hill...it's free game haha

Edit: I will tell you something that is unfair though, Horde gets only 1 area that is ally proof that's the blood elf start.
    While The alliance gets the Dwarf start area, Night elf start area, and the Dranie start area 3 areas that are pretty hard to get to, Dwarfs not as much as the other two but still quite out of the ways
    Edited: November 17, 2018

9. This says something about you as a person. If you come out of work and discover that someone keyed your car, do you key someone else's car as revenge?
    I don't just hunt random people.

Think of a guild as a family. A family does me wrong, and I then go and teach them that their actions will cause their family to deal with the consequences.
    Guild pressure is an effective tool for dealing with gankers. I've had a few situations where a ganker stopped after his guild pressured him to because it was getting their lowbies camped.

10. Now If allies are in the Valley of Trials killing people under level 10 or Horde is over in elwyn forest at the abby that might be grounds for bullying since there could be new players there that have never played before trying to get a grasp for the game
    If lowbies attack 80's in their own zones they have no one to blame but themself.

11. Think of a guild as a family. A family does me wrong, and I then go and teach them that their actions will cause their family to deal with the consequences.
    First of all, if you can compare a guild with a family, let me offer my sympathy for your upbringing, although it would definitely go toward explaining your enjoyment of ganking.

Second, I've been in many guilds and never once, in the several years I've played, have I seen any guild member suggest to any other guild member that they should lay off ganking anyone. I suspect that this scenario is probably as rare as Donald Trump accepting responsibility for something bad, or not taking full credit for something good.

Gankers are going to gank. They're like mosquitoes at the beach. I enjoy the beach in spite of the mosquitoes. Sure, if I knew of a nice beach without mosquitoes, I'd go there. But I definitely don't expect one mosquito to see me squash his "family" and go warn the others to back off.

12. First of all, if you can compare a guild with a family, let me offer my sympathy for your upbringing, although it would definitely go toward explaining your enjoyment of ganking.

Second, I've been in many guilds and never once, in the several years I've played, have I seen any guild member suggest to any other guild member that they should lay off ganking anyone. I suspect that this scenario is probably as rare as Donald Trump accepting responsibility for something bad, or not taking full credit for something good.

Gankers are going to gank. They're like mosquitoes at the beach. I enjoy the beach in spite of the mosquitoes. Sure, if I knew of a nice beach without mosquitoes, I'd go there. But I definitely don't expect one mosquito to see me squash his "family" and go warn the others to back off.
    Leave politic outside please.

13. Imagine having so little in your life to be proud of that you take pride in being annoying. Its kind of sad when you think about it.

14. Imagine having so little in your life to be proud of that you take pride in being annoying. Its kind of sad when you think about it.
    I play this game to have fun, but people who have no real life mistake this game for irl so I can understand your frustration. Try meeting some ppl irl it might help.

15. You counter a 'has no life" comment with a "has no life" comment, not very imaginative but I commend you for the effort. My knowledge of toxic people comes from the same place as everyone else's which is from toxic people. They are attracted to doing toxic things because they are toxic and its just that simple. I've seem all kinds of them from online to the ones in your day to day life i.e. coffee shops, bars, night clubs, gigs, concert church for a few years in my early 20's etc. They all act the same way and have the same excuses for why they're special undefinable by their actions and therefor not toxic and being judged unfairly. I'm not talking about people who occasionally kill lowbies when I say toxic I'm talking about the people that spend hours grifing with the goal of being in the middle of drama. The type of people that when then they grief a child they celebrate the emotional reaction they get sharing the messages with other toxic people pretending that the person is an adult. When someone says nothing and just switches to an alt they tell each other story's of how they had such a dramatic impact on that person that they quit the game and all the other sad things they tell themselves to feel like they have had an impact on the world. I haven't seen any as bad as say goonswarm in wow but I've seen some fairly toxic people here.

First 1234 Last