1. We were hoping that Warmane learned from their mistakes with the store that led to a dead 3s and 5s bracket on Icecrown.
    When shoulders with +2k rating requirements are sold for coins there is no more incentive to reach a high arena rating.
    Brackets being dead is a consequence of people not wanting to play them. If people were in fact interested in those brackets and high ratings (because, you know, they are PvP and competitive and fun, and those are the things PvPers supposedly want) an item being in the store wouldn't matter. Being "alive" only as far as people getting an item and then leaving to never come back is being comatose and kept alive artificially, not being active.

2. Brackets being dead is a consequence of people not wanting to play them. If people were in fact interested in those brackets and high ratings (because, you know, they are PvP and competitive and fun, and those are the things PvPers supposedly want) an item being in the store wouldn't matter. Being "alive" only as far as people getting an item and then leaving to never come back is being comatose and kept alive artificially, not being active.
    Thats not how WoW works.
    Ppl spend most of their time in this game with things that need to be done to improve their character.
    Do u think ppl grind gold or do ICC over and over again because they enjoy it so much?
    Blizz dictates what kind of content has to be done to improve the character and thats usually the only content that is played actively on our realms.

3. Thats not how WoW works.
    Ppl spend most of their time in this game with things that need to be done to improve their character.
    Do u think ppl grind gold or do ICC over and over again because they enjoy it so much?
    Blizz dictates what kind of content has to be done to improve the character and thats usually the only content that is played actively on our realms.
    Thanks for proving my point: people don't want to do those brackets, they are forced into it for one piece of gear and then leave it for good. All the marketplace does is give people an alternative for those who don't want those brackets, but what will come afterwards. It's players not being interested in the brackets that kills them, the marketplace just makes that fact more obvious.

4. Thanks for proving my point: people don't want to do those brackets.
    U are mistaken when u believe that ppl play 2s on Icecrown because they enjoy it so much more than the other brackets.
    Its once again only about what is the most efficient way to improve the gear.
    On Icecrown the most efficient way is to create a 2s team and find just one arena partner. Then push the rating to 1950 and buy the rest of the gear in the store.
    3s and 5s are considered less efficient and therefore aren't played.

When u look on Blackrock on the other hand the 3s solo queue is the most active bracket, even more active than 2s.
    Why? Because queueing alone with solo queue is less effort than finding a partner for 2s.

If u would implement 3s solo queue on Icecrown I bet that it would become the most active bracket.
    And thats not because ppl enjoy 3s so much more than 2s. It just would be the more efficient way to gear up.

As u can see players always choose the fastest and easiest method to improve the gear.
    By putting wrathfull shoulders in the store u made the 3s and 5s bracket obsolete and killed that content entirely.
    Edited: October 24, 2018

5. U are mistaken when u believe that ppl play 2s on Icecrown because they consider it as more enjoyable than the other brackets.
    Its once again only about what is the most efficient way to improve the gear.
    On Icecrown the most efficient way is to create a 2s team and find just one arena partner. Then push the rating to 1950 and buy the rest of the gear in the store.
    3s and 5s are considered as less efficient and therefore aren't played.
    If what you said was true, what would be the point of PvP? Battlegrounds are used for initial gearing. Arenas are just for gearing. Is the only PvP people actually are interest in doing ganking in your mind? Why would people complain about 2v2 being filled with best-in-slot people? What are them "efficiently gearing" past best-in-slot?

When u look on Blackrock on the other hand the 3s solo queue is the most active bracket, even more active than 2s.
    Why? Because queueing alone for solo queue is less effort than finding a partner for 2s.

If u would implement 3s solo queue on Icecrown I bet that it would become the most active bracket.
    And thats not because ppl enjoy 3s so much more than 2s. It just would be a more efficient way to gear up.
    What happens in a custom PvP-only server with a long list of changes and tweaks is as relevant as "in this or that fun server I have got iLevel 9001 gear for my My Little Pny character without a marketplace." I also am going to be skeptical about you speaking for all PvPers. I go from the assumption that PvPers enjoy PvP, and don't use PvP as a way to get PvP gear they... don't want to use because they only PvP to get the gear they already got? Yeah, I'm not going to take this "PvPers don't like PvP and only do it to gear for something they don't like in the first place" seriously.

6. If what you said was true, what would be the point of PvP? Battlegrounds are used for initial gearing. Arenas are just for gearing. Is the only PvP people actually are interest in doing ganking in your mind? Why would people complain about 2v2 being filled with best-in-slot people? What are them "efficiently gearing" past best-in-slot?
    Ppl that are already fully decked out only have the option to play the content that is actively played by the players that are still gearing up since all other content is dead.
    The playerbase isn't and never will be cappable to permanently revive content that isn't considered "efficient" for gearing purpose even though many ppl would really like to play that content.
    In fact its only Warmane that can make dead content active again by giving out decent rewards for doing it.

In case of Icecrowns 3s bracket that would mean that all wrathful shoulders that were purchased with coins need to be taken away of the character and the coins restored. Remove the shoulders from the store and watch how the 3s bracket will bloom.
    That would make the 3s bracket 10 times more active than any cross-realm arena between the 3 wotlk realms can do.

In case of Outland that means that brutal gladi shoulders should never ever be added to the store. Just don't do it.
    U'll kill the competition and arena activety for a bit more income.

7. Ppl that are already fully decked out only have the option to play the content that is actively played by the players that are still gearing up since all other content is dead.
    The playerbase isn't and never will be cappable to permanently revive content that isn't considered "efficient" for gearing purpose even though many ppl would really like to play that content.
    In fact its only Warmane that can make dead content active again by giving out decent rewards for doing it.

In case of Icecrowns 3s bracket that would mean that all wrathful shoulders that were purchased with coins need to be taken away of the character and the coins restored. Remove the shoulders from the store and watch how the 3s bracket will bloom.
    That would make the 3s bracket 10 times more active than any cross-realm arena between the 3 wotlk realms can do.

In case of Outland that means that brutal gladi shoulders should never ever be added to the store. Just don't do it.
    U'll kill the competition and arena activety for a bit more income.
    If players need bribes to "revive dead content," you're yet again proving my point: they don't do it because they enjoy it, but to get the rewards and leave. If people like 3v3, geared people would be doing it, and more people would join in as they themselves got geared, and that would cause people to go play it instead of getting the rewards with coins so they could avoid it. You're stuck blaming the Marketplace because it's easier to accept that, than that players are the cause out of their own lack of interest. If players had fun with and wanted to do 3v3 they would be doing it, and that goes for any other content people don't regularly do - like old raids and dungeons that some people complained should get "extra rewards" so more people would do them. If they only do it for gearing, and not because of having fun with it, you're saying people should be denied the option of both not doing something along the way they don't want and to supporting us, just for the sake of you "gearing more efficiently" (since from all you say you have no interest in playing it for fun anyway)? Maybe the problem here isn't with the marketplace or people using it, but with PvPers not knowing what they want, assuming they think the way you do.

8. Maybe the problem here isn't with the marketplace or people using it, but with PvPers not knowing what they want, assuming they think the way you do.
    No, the problem here is that the community alone isn't cappable to permanently revive abandoned content even though they would love playing it.
    Show me any content in the game that is actively played but isn't necessary to improve the character? There is non.
    Ppl in this game only do the content that is considered "efficient".
    U made 3s on wotlk inefficient by putting wrathful shoulders in the store.

9. No, the problem here is that the community alone isn't cappable to permanently revive abandoned content even though they would love playing it.
    Show me any content in the game that is actively played but isn't necessary to improve the character? There is non.
    Ppl in this game only do the content that is considered "efficient".
    U made 3s on wotlk inefficient by putting wrathful shoulders in the store.
    The community is the only one capable of doing it, even more so in PvP where it takes two sides interested. If people are only playing for getting rewards and not for fun, they are the ones creating the problem - and again, if that the was it, people would quit or start a new character the moment they got all the "improvements for the character." Unlike your bizarre view, people generally consider the moment you are at the best possible gear to be where actual PvP beging, as that's where what you have equipped won't be the major deciding factor.

People are completely free to go play 3v3 or 5v5. If they would love playing, the only thing stopping them is themselves. If they will only do it for "extra rewards" they don't love it, they want rewards, and it will just happen again once they have those new rewards, with demands for new "revivings with more efficient bribing." Go play because you "would love playing it."

10. The community is the only one capable of doing it, even more so in PvP where it takes two sides interested. If people are only playing for getting rewards and not for fun, they are the ones creating the problem - and again, if that the was it, people would quit or start a new character the moment they got all the "improvements for the character." Unlike your bizarre view, people generally consider the moment you are at the best possible gear to be where actual PvP beging, as that's where what you have equipped won't be the major deciding factor.

People are completely free to go play 3v3 or 5v5. If they would love playing, the only thing stopping them is themselves. If they will only do it for "extra rewards" they don't love it, they want rewards, and it will just happen again once they have those new rewards, with demands for new "revivings with more efficient bribing." Go play because you "would love playing it."
    i agree with most of what you been saying in this thread and even more so "If they would love playing, the only thing stopping them is themselves",part.
    to me the most fun/best part of wow has always been bgs when the teams play and dont just afk they are filled with alot of people and alot of action,thats why i like them so much. but a few weeks ago i had a player say to me in a bg = hey butkus your in s4 why are you even q'ing bgs.... that blew my mind i run bgs because i love doing them usually and do not understand why some players stop would stop after they get what they want. to me once you get all the best gear that means you pvp even more and the same applies to arena.

side note i would love to see rated battles grounds added on outland at some point just fyi :)

so i read warglaives are in the shop now?like i said many times you might as well add all of s4 to the shop at this point. i came from a TBC server that does not sell s4 or T6 and i agree with that but when = to or better gear is already in the shop you might as well add everything.

11. Thats not how WoW works.
    why are you hung up on s3 shoulders?warglaives hurt pvp way more then s3 shoulders and i do not see you complaining about warglaives in the shop. i said this many times you cant get hung up on a few pieces of pvp gear are in the shop when = to or better gear is in the shop at the same time.

12. People saying server will die and pvp will die when Shadowmourne was released in shop back in the old days.....

*Looks at the population and the pvp activity* :OOOOOOO

People saying server will die and pvp will die now that Glaives are released....

*Looks at Icecrown's history*

13. well, glaives are in the shop, time to play tbc now.

Come at me freeloaders!

14. warglaives should have been the last item added to the shop or at the very least added with s4 gear and sunwell.

15. What about point shop for outland?

First 1234 Last