1. [Icecrown] New ideas and possibly changes.

So, I am pretty sure most of you are tired of playing bg's with low geared people (talking about 2k to 5kgs, but most of them 2-3k gs). As you may know to que for RDF HC it requieres a minimum gear otherwise you just CAN'T. So maybe it's impossible to be done but maybe it is, to make the queue avaliable only if you have minimum gear, because other ways you ruin the bg and you make your faction loose.
    I am tired of playing with gearless afk'ers, cuz they get one shotted, hiding or trying to avoid any combat because they will be one shotted instantly. Specially in Alterac Valley or Isle of Conquest where each battleground is around 25-30 minutes. Enough loses because of low geared people. I am just sick and tired.

Now you will be but you have to start from somewhere... or not everyone can donate, yes indeed, but start from POS/FOS, get some gear, you can buy furious with emblems, you can go VOA and get some pvp gear, just stop being selfish, stop ruining BG's and making both of us loosing time. There is no excuse.

2. There are "gearless afk'ers, low geared people" on both factions' teams. Join BG's with premades if the lower geared people irritates you so much.

1 low alliance noob vs 1 low horde noob = 1:1

3. I don't much care about low gears, WoW is more of a background game for me if I see horde bis pm and my team is predominantly lows I just minimize and let it end fast. Pretty sure this is the best way to go to waste the least time.

by the way a fresh 80 and fos/pos furious geared player both die in about 2s to bis so that's hardly an argument to make to lows trying to get geared in bgs. Just deal with it, stop caring so much about this 10 yr old game.
    Edited: October 13, 2018

4. Yah you really convinced and showed them! /s

5. there should be rule for people that if they don't have beginner level cars they should not use roads as well.

Lemme answer your concern in realistic way,
    1. If they irritate or bother you, don't join the BG queues or make premades.
    2. if you are still not convinced, go play Blackrock.

6. I say good idea.
    Not cos its pain in the *** for some to look and play with those 2k gs scrubs, but just so they have to work for gear before getting carried.
    If there are players that can make/buy those blue crafted pvp sets and farm couple of reps for some goodish weapons, before queing into rbg (and i saw couple of those), lazy scrubs should not be alowed to que with them, or anyone tbh.
    Altho, i doubt its ever gona happen, even tho it would increase the quality of RBGs by a lot.
    Its one of those things ul have to get over and live with it, cos its the time of lazy scrubs aparantly and gs whores.
    Happens in both RDF and RBG tho...

7. So, I am pretty sure most of you are tired of playing bg's with low geared people (talking about 2k to 5kgs, but most of them 2-3k gs). As you may know to que for RDF HC it requieres a minimum gear otherwise you just CAN'T. So maybe it's impossible to be done but maybe it is, to make the queue avaliable only if you have minimum gear, because other ways you ruin the bg and you make your faction loose.
    I am tired of playing with gearless afk'ers, cuz they get one shotted, hiding or trying to avoid any combat because they will be one shotted instantly. Specially in Alterac Valley or Isle of Conquest where each battleground is around 25-30 minutes. Enough loses because of low geared people. I am just sick and tired.

Now you will be but you have to start from somewhere... or not everyone can donate, yes indeed, but start from POS/FOS, get some gear, you can buy furious with emblems, you can go VOA and get some pvp gear, just stop being selfish, stop ruining BG's and making both of us loosing time. There is no excuse.
    It has been suggested before multiple times, staff has rejected it every single time. Reasons are unknown for me though, I agree with this idea. <2k gs player entering a battleground is not playing or enjoying the game. He is griefing.

8. Yes, that's the point of the topic. I know I can just leave or minimze like someone said before, but where is the fun? My suggestion was to make a minimum gear, cuz it's really annoying to play like this. The idea of premades is nice, but you have to wait much more than, solo queuing.

9. Minimizing, or going afk is banable.

Just grow up and accept the fact that you're not going to win every match.
    Blizzard designed BG's to not have gear requirements, and they left in ways to help you tilt the odds in your favor via premades.

The problem isn't gear.

Take a guess at what it is, think about it for a minute.
    THE PROBLEM IS THE COMMUNITY
    I guess since it's easy to play on here compared to how it was when wotlk was active (back then kids with credit cards was nowhere near as common)
    We have a problem where the elitist jerks just bash those who are lower geared/skilled
    We have a rampancy of people thinking gearscore is everything.
    Newcomers to the game aren't welcomed, instead they are bashed, insulted and held back. Instead of players offering advice the majority spam insults.
    Take some time to inform people of how to easily gear properly.
    Instead of complaining take action yourself.
    And learn to think tactically.

I'm well geared myself and don't mind one bit when paired with lower geared players. Usually I'll add them and offer to carry them through some rdf, fos pos runs to help them gear.
    What does that do? It helps them progress in the game, It gives me a chance to instill my knowledge upon them. It helps skew my factions chance of success ever so slightly.

This is a MMOrpg, not a solo game. You have to work as a team, and truly skilled players don't complain. They take action!

10. Yes, that's the point of the topic. I know I can just leave or minimze like someone said before, but where is the fun? My suggestion was to make a minimum gear, cuz it's really annoying to play like this. The idea of premades is nice, but you have to wait much more than, solo queuing.
    well too bad, you can't have everything. /sadface

11. I agree on the point that community is the problem, since GS>brain for some reason.
    But yea, even if you put minimum gs, aslong as the community is greedy as much as it is now, it would find away arround it, just as Cloth Spirit Shoulders, Mail Spellpower Legs, Plate SP Belt tanks do. :D

12. Eh, I'm mixed on those. I mean they need to get gear somewhere and if they have no interest in PVE RBG spam could be their only option. If it's a new player he sure as hell doesn't have the gold for crafted blue PVP set, that's insanely expensive sometimes.
    Put up an ILVL req and you'll see the dungeon crap: everyone with the cloth shoulders (264), 2x boe rings (tank one, dps one), mail legs (264), platers will have the plate waist and will get up to the required ILVL.

But they get so annoying if it's your 3rd BG of the day and you just wanna do one and be done with the day, but nope, you get those pesky 1.2k GS DKs with some random leveling gear from borean/grizzly

Otherwise willardnigma's post sums it up pretty well, but he'll get **** on by the forums here...

Kraden
    Minimizing, or going afk is banable.
    Only AFKing in BGs is banable. As long as you are "present" as a player in a BG you have the right to do whatever you want. There is no rule that forces you to fight or go for objectives (if there was, 70% of the server or more would be banned).
    THE PROBLEM IS THE COMMUNITY
    I guess since it's easy to play on here compared to how it was when wotlk was active (back then kids with credit cards was nowhere near as common)
    We have a problem where the elitist jerks just bash those who are lower geared/skilled
    We have a rampancy of people thinking gearscore is everything.
    Newcomers to the game aren't welcomed, instead they are bashed, insulted and held back. Instead of players offering advice the majority spam insults.
    Take some time to inform people of how to easily gear properly.
    Instead of complaining take action yourself.
    And learn to think tactically.
    While I agree the community can be toxic you cannot blame people for not giving support over and over in a several years old game when search engines exists.
    I'm well geared myself and don't mind one bit when paired with lower geared players. Usually I'll add them and offer to carry them through some rdf, fos pos runs to help them gear.
    What does that do? It helps them progress in the game, It gives me a chance to instill my knowledge upon them. It helps skew my factions chance of success ever so slightly.

This is a MMOrpg, not a solo game. You have to work as a team, and truly skilled players don't complain. They take action!
    That is kind to do but alas you can't demand that of players. They have the right to spend their time as they desire.

I personally believe it would be simpler to just split the BGs into two groups. One group with a GS higher than say 5.8k and one with less than 5,8k. Alas I doubt this will happen.

14. Otherwise willardnigma's post sums it up pretty well, but he'll get **** on by the forums here...
    I've been on Molten since before they opened ICC. They can try to dump on me, but I find the ones who talk crap the most are the ones who usually create the problems.

15. So you think that joining bg with 1-2k gs is normal and good, because they are new players? When I was new player I gathered gear, I farmed my proffesions and I made gold to buy some decent gear, and than I started to join BG's, but not before. Because I have to do 10 bg's a day to win one, and always because of some undergeared people. It's annoying and you know it, but you don't want to admit it.
    Putting a minimum gear to join BG is a must!

12 Last