1. Blind,
    Please, say how blood is bad or whatever, just don't mention these f**king raidbuffs. Almost every time blood tank will go into frost tree for improved icy talons, and wow, does that make fdk obsolete? i don't think so. Does abomination's might make a hunter obsolete or vice versa? Again, i don't think so.
    It's just one more argument why you would run one, besides dps provided. If you're not requiring a buff: Stick to highest dps. Multiple Firemages do not provide unique buffs (or required range for most of the fights) as well, still no reason to run a frost mage over a fire mage.

2. Even in time of Molten blood was ****ed up as dps spec. Its sad to see that its still broken it was crap beyond repair without 90% or more arp.

3. Its not broken, its simply not as good as other specs in game, including from other classes.

As for raid buffs, in a perfect raid there is 1 Frost DK 1 Unholy DK 1 Feral Tank 1 Paladin Tank 0 Blood DKs.
    There is no need to take a Blood DK over another Fury Warrior or another Mage, or even another Hunter. Those 3 classes, on top of other (Feral druid, Combat rogue,...) will do more DPS in any situation when it comes to WotLK.
    This is the main reason why you dont see Blood DKs at all in end game guild rosters.

"Blood is end game spec, get nice 2hander, 90% armpen, hit amd exp caps of course and go do 16-20k dps"
    And these kind of comments, just pure experience and skill radiating from them. Yea, go listen to this guy.

We can discuss this up untill forever, but at the end of the day there is only 1 thing that is true:
    There is no need for a Blood DK to be in a Raid. There are better classes and specs that can fill that spot.
    Fun? Go play Frost mage aswell, hell, play all of the so called "Fun" specs and see where that will lead ur raid to...

4. So basically, anyone who wants to play blood, even if they want to tank, should just drop it, cuz in a perfect raid, there is no place for them? Man srsly, who cares about perfect raid? Just play whatever you want.

5. There is no need to take a Blood DK over another Fury Warrior or another Mage, or even another Hunter. Those 3 classes, on top of other (Feral druid, Combat rogue,...) will do more DPS in any situation when it comes to WotLK and will be more usefull (MDs, another buff to the raid, better AoE both burst and consistant dmg).

There is no need to take a Blood DK over another Fury Warrior or another Mage, or even another Hunter. Those 3 classes, on top of other (Feral druid, Combat rogue,...) will do more DPS in any situation when it comes to WotLK and will be more usefull (MDs, another buff to the raid, better AoE both burst and consistant dmg).

There is no need to take a Blood DK over another Fury Warrior or another Mage, or even another Hunter. Those 3 classes, on top of other (Feral druid, Combat rogue,...) will do more DPS in any situation when it comes to WotLK and will be more usefull (MDs, another buff to the raid, better AoE both burst and consistant dmg).

There, i guess this might help you out to understand the point.
    AGAIN, you can play whatever you want, just dont complain if people dont inv you to the raid, since there is a good reason for them not to. And if you cant get past DBS in ICC 25m, since noone cares about perfect raid, progress, or killing bosses, cos playing fun and dandy spec is whats this game is all about...

6. You don't have to drop it, but you should be aware that you're simply not going to be first choice for a proper setup if it is required, that's all.

In a "perfect" (or close to perfect, whatever you want to call it) setup there's plently of specs that are not going to be used. Same applies to class or race choices...you're not going to see many blood elfs besides paladins in top horde guilds for example, you're also not going to see any arms or protection warriors besides the occasional block-build for niche-use, and all of those fury warrs will play orc, human or draenei.

7. Gnimo that attutude is exactly the reason why i got in this argument in the first place. Man just chill out. After all IT IS just a f**king game. If i don't get past DBS that's fine, just stop being salty about other people's opinions.

8. Gnimo is in red pill rage. He starts to realize how people work.

Bosses will die with 5 mins left on enrage timer. So there is lots of room for glyphs and specs.

If you really want to play blood dps, go for it, but here is the warning - you won't get into raiding guild easy, you won't get into raids easy, despite in the end being able to do your part of dps pie. Maybe if you have amazing personality and god tier tactical skills. There is guaranteed spot for at least one of uh and frost, but not for the blood because another frost is just better. If that sustain from death strikes, that you actually don't need, is worth it for you.

9. Gnimo is in red pill rage. He starts to realize how people work.

Bosses will die with 5 mins left on enrage timer. So there is lots of room for glyphs and specs.

If you really want to play blood dps, go for it, but here is the warning - you won't get into raiding guild easy, you won't get into raids easy, despite in the end being able to do your part of dps pie. Maybe if you have amazing personality and god tier tactical skills. There is guaranteed spot for at least one of uh and frost, but not for the blood because another frost is just better. If that sustain from death strikes, that you actually don't need, is worth it for you.
    That kind of was my point. If that's the way you want to play, then just do it. If it's not working out for you, switch to other spec, or even class entirely. But seems like for everything i write the man has a handful of salt ready. So i think i'm quite done here.

10. Im not mad, just mind blown.
    There is a good reason why World First LoD Paragon raid looked as it did. At that time and with that gear that was the hands down best comp they could find and get. If they had a DPS that was a bit lower, they would have wiped on that enrage timer.
    There is a good reason why u want best out of all specs in a progression raid, and you failing to recognise that is what makes me post like this.
    Pugs and guilds that are trying to down LoD for the first time are just that, groups that are in need of best players and best specs, cos otherwise they would not been able to down it.

And AGAIN, i think i said this 3 times so far, 4th might work with you, PLAY BLOOD SPEC ALL YOU WANT.
    PLAY ANY DANDY SPEC THERE IS. Just dont complain if people dont want you in a raid or if you cant get past DBs and are stuck on 5.8k gs.

Did i say dont play it just now? NO I DIDNT.
    There are better options for your DK as in Frost and Unholy spec, but if you want to do less and to give less to the raid, feel free to do so.

I can make Blood DK work on my BiS main char.
    I can get in the raid and do good DPS.
    But in the end, if i was on my Fury Warrior instead of being on my Blood DK, the raid dps would be much higher, especialy on AoE.

I dont know if you cant read or understand what im saying but sure, call me salty even tho i told u, now 4 times, same **** Angrylol did:
    Play Blood if you want, but your in game expirience might not be as good as if you wer Unholy or Frost (this is the 5th time i said it i think...).

Edit: Blood DK tank is capable, some might say even exactly as a Feral druid.
    If you are looking at a Blood DK tank, he can do hell of a job tanking. Maybe even better than bear in some situations. Also, double aura BDK brings is a lot usefull in raids like Halion 25m hc, so i never said there is no spot for other classes and specs in raids, just aslong as they are usefull...
    If you look at Blood DK dps, there are A LOT better options for the raid. It is not unique in any way, and it sucks when you have to dps 2+ targets.

Halion 25m hc is a perfect example where in Shadowrealm you could use a BDK dps duo to 10% aura.
    But if you use a BDK tank, you can get:
    2 rets for suport, crogue, feral, fwar as DPS and have all the melee buffs/debuffs u need to maximise the dps on the boss.

In a guild that does 8-10 Ruby Sanctums on 25m hc dificulty, you get what you can near the end and kill it anyway, but that happens duo to the fact that those players have a lot of expirience on the fight and are slighly overgearing it. When i was in a guild that wanted to kill Halion for the first time, we use that god damn perfect raid grp. You can accept this as a fact, or ignore it and lie to urself that you are having fun clearing 5m dungeons all day long (i have nothing against those people, they might not have time to do anything else, but saying thats the most fun part of the game is a lie since they never actualy got to and expirienced the last 2 bosses of the expansion).
    Edited: November 16, 2018

11. Im not mad, just mind blown.
    There is a good reason why World First LoD Paragon raid looked as it did. At that time and with that gear that was the hands down best comp they could find and get. If they had a DPS that was a bit lower, they would have wiped on that enrage timer.
    There is a good reason why u want best out of all specs in a progression raid, and you failing to recognise that is what makes me post like this.
    Pugs and guilds that are trying to down LoD for the first time are just that, groups that are in need of best players and best specs, cos otherwise they would not been able to down it.

And AGAIN, i think i said this 3 times so far, 4th might work with you, PLAY BLOOD SPEC ALL YOU WANT.
    PLAY ANY DANDY SPEC THERE IS. Just dont complain if people dont want you in a raid or if you cant get past DBs and are stuck on 5.8k gs.

Did i say dont play it just now? NO I DIDNT.
    There are better options for your DK as in Frost and Unholy spec, but if you want to do less and to give less to the raid, feel free to do so.

I can make Blood DK work on my BiS main char.
    I can get in the raid and do good DPS.
    But in the end, if i was on my Fury Warrior instead of being on my Blood DK, the raid dps would be much higher, especialy on AoE.

I dont know if you cant read or understand what im saying but sure, call me salty even tho i told u, now 4 times, same **** Angrylol did:
    Play Blood if you want, but your in game expirience might not be as good as if you wer Unholy or Frost (this is the 5th time i said it i think...).

Edit: Blood DK tank is capable, some might say even exactly as a Feral druid.
    If you are looking at a Blood DK tank, he can do hell of a job tanking. Maybe even better than bear in some situations. Also, double aura BDK brings is a lot usefull in raids like Halion 25m hc, so i never said there is no spot for other classes and specs in raids, just aslong as they are usefull...
    If you look at Blood DK dps, there are A LOT better options for the raid. It is not unique in any way, and it sucks when you have to dps 2+ targets.

Halion 25m hc is a perfect example where in Shadowrealm you could use a BDK dps duo to 10% aura.
    But if you use a BDK tank, you can get:
    2 rets for suport, crogue, feral, fwar as DPS and have all the melee buffs/debuffs u need to maximise the dps on the boss.

In a guild that does 8-10 Ruby Sanctums on 25m hc dificulty, you get what you can near the end and kill it anyway, but that happens duo to the fact that those players have a lot of expirience on the fight and are slighly overgearing it. When i was in a guild that wanted to kill Halion for the first time, we use that god damn perfect raid grp. You can accept this as a fact, or ignore it and lie to urself that you are having fun clearing 5m dungeons all day long (i have nothing against those people, they might not have time to do anything else, but saying thats the most fun part of the game is a lie since they never actualy got to and expirienced the last 2 bosses of the expansion).
    I see this is going nowhere. It's basically me and you repeating ourselves over and over again. What you probably don't realize is that i agree with you on most points, but anyway, I would debate this topic no further, and i think a newbie player has more than enough information in this thread as if they should go for blood dps or not.

Just a quick thought: If you are considering both frost and unholy as a fresh 80, i would say maybe go for frost, since it has somewhat better single target dps. Unholy is dominant in AoE situations, but frost also has some nice AoE with Rime/Killing machine procs on howling blast, on top of being a great single target dps spec. It may be more suitable for gearing, but just play whatever works for you.

Pozdrav Gnimo, no hard feelings i hope.

12. No hard feelings taken...
    I know i can be hard to argue sometimes, but after so many years of playing and being on these forums, and on the internet as a whole, i know how things work, and i know that people follow things they read like sheep, thats the main reason why i think its harmfull for those to see something like: Blood is just as good as other 2 options when it comes to DPS.

For me, when it comes to DKs, the most fun part was the ability to outdps people with a lot higher gear score than u as Frost DK.
    Frost is so well made for people that have solid items and not high GS duo to how well synced talents are. On top of that u get an awesome aura for all melee dps.

Thats why, i cant understand, why would someone want to go for any other spec than Frost, when its so OP on people with low GS compared to other specs in whole game.

First 12