1. Blood Spec Question(s)

What the hell is Blood supposed to be? Is it DPS? Or is it tank? Hybrid spec?

I keep joining dungeons where people tell me to tank (if the tank is being awful), and I mean, I can do it. But I'm primarily wanting to just be a DPS with a bunch of self-sustain. is Blood DPS viable? Someone help me out here, because when I hit endgame (Im 72 at the time of this post) I want to be DPS. If not I'll just start tanking my way to 80, and then switch to Unholy.

2. What the hell is Blood supposed to be? Is it DPS? Or is it tank? Hybrid spec?

I keep joining dungeons where people tell me to tank (if the tank is being awful), and I mean, I can do it. But I'm primarily wanting to just be a DPS with a bunch of self-sustain. is Blood DPS viable? Someone help me out here, because when I hit endgame (Im 72 at the time of this post) I want to be DPS. If not I'll just start tanking my way to 80, and then switch to Unholy.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfx7hynwvRs

3. While leveling you should always que as a Tank, regardless of ur spec, just go Frost Presence, spread diseases and DnD. You will both top dps and tank like a boss
    When you hit lvl 80 and u want to DPS, you DONT want to be Blood speced.

Blood is, out of all 3 DK specs, best suited for tanking, not so good for DPSing.

I would recommend going Unholy for leveling and after u hit 80 if u want to dps only, get dual spec and spec into both UH and Frost and chose the spec ur raid need the most.
    The only diference in gear is 2H (UH) vs DW (Frost) weapons.

If you want to both dps and tank, spec into Blood as tank and chose 1 spec for DPS (UH or Frost ofc).

Whoever tells u Blood is viable as a DPS spec when it comes to low gear or any gear is a monkey.

P.S. stop linking stupid videos.

4. While leveling you should always que as a Tank, regardless of ur spec, just go Frost Presence, spread diseases and DnD. You will both top dps and tank like a boss
    When you hit lvl 80 and u want to DPS, you DONT want to be Blood speced.

Blood is, out of all 3 DK specs, best suited for tanking, not so good for DPSing.

I would recommend going Unholy for leveling and after u hit 80 if u want to dps only, get dual spec and spec into both UH and Frost and chose the spec ur raid need the most.
    The only diference in gear is 2H (UH) vs DW (Frost) weapons.

If you want to both dps and tank, spec into Blood as tank and chose 1 spec for DPS (UH or Frost ofc).

Whoever tells u Blood is viable as a DPS spec when it comes to low gear or any gear is a monkey.

P.S. stop linking stupid videos.
    why stupid?

5. If you want to both dps and tank, spec into Blood as tank and chose 1 spec for DPS (UH or Frost ofc).

I guess then that some of the higher end raid guilds are populated with Monkeys... Seen alot of Blood DPS lately doing at or above Frost and UH damage levels.

You're also doing this new guy a disservice by not mentioning blood/frost hybrid tank spec that works great in ICC / RS (not as well in Heroics but once your geared, you can compensate for it).

6. Nah, those Frost and Unholy DKs that are getting outdpsed by Blood are monkeys...

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...
    Didnt i make the guide where i said that best Blood tank spec is this:
    https://wotlk.evowow.com/?talent#j0E...xVMhzZz:ipm0mM
    Oh wait, i did...

The ONLY way Blood gets close to Frost and Unholy DPS it is as if the DK was Best in Slot and has a Shadowmourne.
    At lower gear levels, Blood DPS is pure crap under crap.

The only thing in which Blood DK DPS is better than the other 2 specs, is farming level 60 Dungeons which im doing on my main.
    You can Armory "Gnimo" to see how BiS Blood DK looks like, but in RS, ICC, that spec will be outperformed by both good Frost and Unholy DK any time.
    I know this cos i did Halion as Blood DK and as Frost DK, and guess who won in the end inside the Shadow Realm???

7. What the hell is Blood supposed to be? Is it DPS? Or is it tank? Hybrid spec?

Well, in wotlk, dk can uso all 3 specs for tank but also all 3 specs for dps... in general. Every spec has pros and cons ofcourse, but if you want to pull ou the most of class for tanking, blood is probably the best choise. As for dps, it really depends of situation and from what you want to achieve, for single target the best option would be frost, for aoe, and some cool buffs and raid support abilities, definitely UH, tho you wont be too far behind, with any spec, whatever you choose in any kind of situation... as for blood dps, can't make any coments because i never tryed it, but it happened to see some blood dk dps from time to time and cant really say that they were much behind with their dps neither... SO, all in all dk in wotlk is pretty much hybrid class, it is up to you whatyou choose to play.

8. Hey Gnimo,
    I have to ask mate, what's with the sh**ty attitude? When i started on warmane few months ago, I have found a lot of help in your guides, and i appreciate it very much. But lately when anyone posts anything about blood dps, you try to convince them otherwise or in this case just be plain hostile towards them. I fail to understand this. Of all three DK specs, and i've tried them all, i found blood to be most fun for me. Frost is great, but only if you don't wanna go for SM (and who doesn't wanna go for SM?), which means, by your opinion, unholy is the only end game spec. Some people just prefer to play the game differently, and i don't see why this is a problem. Blood has some nice self-sustain and cooldowns, which is great, and can do decent dps. If you think otherwise, i suggest taking a look at this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esc5W6iDyms&t=595s on the other hand, i just don't find appealing the spec where a corpse you have to micromanage is following you everywhere. People have different opinions, and that's just fine, but calling someone a monkey just because their playstyle differs is just being an a**hole.

9. I guess he's just annoyed by quite a few people claiming blood dps to be viable in a competitive environment, which it simply isn't.
    It neither offers a unique raidbuff like frost nor exceptional aoe damage/debuffs like unholy and on top of it is outperformed by both in raw dps, especially without Smourne.
    So there's really no point to running blood DPS besides doing it for "fun".

Anyone going blood over frost or unholy is gimping his damage and/or raid. Acceptable from time to time? Sure. Should you convince people to do the same if they want to improve? hell no.

Also: Your youtube video is a prime example of why he's annoyed. Basing your argument on a 1 year old video from a casual-run of icc25 hc on icecrown where you're outgearing the fight bigtime...well, do you need a hint why it's not a good idea to use stuff like that as a reference?

10. Frost is great, but only if you don't wanna go for SM (and who doesn't wanna go for SM?), which means, by your opinion, unholy is the only end game spec.
    frost is great regardless of sm or not, also

11. Miljane, my balkan brother, the only reason why i dont like people talking about how Blood is viable (or any other non viable spec or glyph) and great spec is duo to fact that reasons behind those words, why is so "awesome", are dumb. Videos of pugs where u overgear/skill other raid members, videos of random servers, reasons like i dont like frost cos i wear two sticks instead of one, or as u said urself i dont like a corpse following me around the map (u just have to macro pet attack to ur main spell and thats it, nothing to micromanage there). Really? Im all into looks, but when im in the raid, the last thing i see is how something looks like exept the boss mechanics... There are places for roleplaying and raids are not those places.
    Now, the greater picture that u proly dont see is that a new player, nab player, will come here and see something like "blood is viable", he will go spec into it and do 50% of his GS in dps in dungeons, raids, and after that come here complaining how comunity is toxic cos he sucks. I had an awesome 5.5k gs blood dk that did 2.7k dps in FoS, my god i was so glad i was tanking on a bis fully dps geared prot tank and that we cleared the dungeon fast (not thanks to him, like even if he was frost just for the aura dungeon would be faster). Imagine seing blood dks, frost mages, sub rogues in pve doing 1k dps with 6k gs, how fun and awesome expirience in dungeons and raids would that be.
    Out of 10 classes out there, there are atleast 10 playable specs, if you are telling me there is nothing else thats more fun than Blood dps, than you eather didnt try them all, or you are lying to urself.
    Again, idc what u spec into, gear into, gem into, aslong as you are not coming here and saying how spec, that is just not as good as other options, is awesome, we dont have a problem.
    And im sick and tired of these kind of arguments "i play this game cos u play games to have fun, i have fun doing lower dps than i should i have fun wiping on bosses" get out of here. Noone is having fun wiping on Marrowgar, and thats the whole point of me being mad and hostile, cos in the end, you can talk all you want how the spec u play is fun to you, but aslong as you are stuck on a 4k gs barely doing dungeons, you are not happy nor you have fun. Sure, you can get in a guild and get carried, but that wont last.
    As for Blood DKs dps, its all nice and dandy untill you get in a raid with skilled Warrior, Feral, Rogue, Mage, Fdk, Udk, and so on, and you notice how bad ur dps really is in comparison with those classes and specs.
    You can get a SM on a Fury warrior and do 10 times more dps, or a Ret.
    If u armory "Gnimo" you will see Blood DPS gear and spec, i use it for farming lvl 60 dungeons for mounts (ZG) and sometimes when they need 10% Attack Power aura on Halion in Shadowrealm. Other than that, im Frost or Unholy, and all 3 specs are equaly fun and have their ups and downs.

Again, do whatever you want or like, but dont come on forums crying how comunity is toxic, how comunity cant clear icc 25m normal WITH A 30% BUFF, while playing some monkey spec.

Im glad my guides helped you in some way, and im sorry for being hostile but after so many years, u get sick of certain things.

P.S. DK is a GREAT tank while specced as Blood, Solid as Frost, bad as Unholy. Sure you can dps/tank thanks to the fact that you outgear content, have awesome raid members, but if those same members played some monkey spec aswell, there would be some wipefiestas.

12. Hey Gnimo,
    pozdrav! Of course, everything you said is a fair argument, and i respect that because i know it's coming from someone with a lot of experience, something i don't even have that much. But i would disagree with you, blood isn't THAT bad. It may be inferior in comparison to unholy and frost, but playing it, i do around 5k i dungs, and around 7-8k in voa 25 with a fairly low gs (5400). Now, i have never said how blood is greatest spec there is or it's awesome for raids and whatever. Neither am I trying to convice anyone to play it. But i would simply tell people to try it, see if it works for them. If im being honest, in my short time playing blood, i have never felt it being any weaker than a lot of dps specs, not just Dks. Of course, i may be wrong and i probably am, but i will wait till i get to that point, then switch if i have to. And my friend, i wasn't trying to say the community is toxic or anything like that. Nor was i trying to insult you, so if i offended you im sorry. I was that new player you're talking about, i didn't play wotlk since retail back in 2009, and i didn't struggle with blood spec at all. Again i may be wrong, but im willing to try to see if it works, if it does not, i will simply spec frost or unholy.

Blind,
    Please, say how blood is bad or whatever, just don't mention these f**king raidbuffs. Almost every time blood tank will go into frost tree for improved icy talons, and wow, does that make fdk obsolete? i don't think so. Does abomination's might make a hunter obsolete or vice versa? Again, i don't think so.

Rifo, i know it is, i was saying IF you wanna wear SM, then you might want to respec frost.

13. And btw, that video i posted was not to convice you that blood is a great spec, it simply shows that blood can do quite decent dps, regardless of the circumstances. So what if he's overgeared? I would gladly go frost all the way till im BiS, then switch to blood just for the sake of enjoyment. Again, i would simply advise other players to try every spec, it's not that much effort really, and see what works best for them. Some specs are just superior to others, but damned would i be if i didn't try something that i like just because someone else said it's bad. Anyway as i said, i did not mean to insult anyone, nor put them down, i just wanted to give my opinion on the topic, and i would not want this to turn into an argument. As i said Gnimo, thank you very much for taking the time and effort to write your guides, they are very well written and helpful, and it's much appreciated. Best of luck to you all :)

14. Blood is engame spec, get nice 2hander, 90% armpen, hit amd exp caps ofcourse and go do 16-20k dps

15. I like how this thread went full circle : )

12 Last