1. Horde RBG's

UPDATE: don't talk nonsense, it's like I say it is, like it always is. This is supposed to be a game and a game should be fun for everyone, but it's like this world we live in.. the people who got rich exploiting others created a free market.. a free market which favors those with the most wealth to invest... the ones who got rich stealing land, exploiting and enslaving people, and ethnically cleansing the indigenous populations.. thats the alliance..... they are also THE ALLIANCE in the real world.

Have fun and say thanks!

I'm not directing this at any staff member, allianceplayer or anyone not Horde.. I'm one of the earliest players to join Lordaeron back when it was still the biggest realm, I've played A LOT, so I have the expertise to talk about this.

The unwillingness to change the current state of PvP on Lordaeron, which means maintaining alliance dominance... which consists primarily out of Alliance having more regular, geared players in BG's, while the Horde is full of people gearing, speaks volumes. Merging Icecrown RBG with Lordaeron was promised, still not implemented. Arena's are practically dead with only a bunch of tryhard's maintaining their top ranks, making it impossible to gear up for anyone who isn't invested as heavily into playing arena's, whereas a lot of people could have been fully geared if the server wasn't so dead. Merging arena's of both realms was also promised, still not implemented.

How to change this? Well by making people aware. Many are dissatisfied. .. I remember posting: you killed Lordaeron by creating Icecrown... it was scoffed at by moderators, yet here we are a couple of years later and a mere player knew better what would happen than the professionals who run this server.
    Edited: November 11, 2018

2. Is the state of arenas on Icecrown any better? Like, is there a higher percentage of lower geared pvpers there? I do agree with Lordaeron arenas being unfairly dominated by the same pvpers for over a year now though.

In terms of BGs, Alliance has been winning more since September, but it isn't as lopsided you think. Horde gets to win more in certain hours (early morning, late afternoon). You're right though that Alliance generally has more geared pvpers. Horde tends to rely on hardcore BG regulars like Ezuro (dk), Ccwisp (mage) and Riptide (shaman).

I also believe arena success doesn't affect BG performance. Most BGs, except Warsong Gulch, heavily rely on coordination over gear. And after playing BGs consistently for six months in this realm, I would say Horde has a better team culture, which makes them excel in AV.

3. Well then you probably haven't seen me before, cause I'm High Warlord Gelion, the quintessential Battleground-player of the Horde.. and this is what I focus on, cause it's the most fun for me and I've been doing so long before joining Warmane. As for Icecrown, yeah it's better... not everybody is donated on Icecrown and there's just a big population. Adding cross-faction arenas and battlegrounds would definitely improve the current state. I've played in the evenings and it's not much different. There's only 1, sometimes 2 tops, bg's running at the same time, with fewer alliances queuing than hordes. This results in joining lost bg's, cause people give up on the Horde.. while the one joining had to wait for 10 to 15 minutes to join said lost bg.

It's just bogus... the GM's and Devs need to make horde chars themselves and experience what it's like... not depend on the people they're "friendly" with to advise em.
    Edited: October 17, 2018

4. I remember posting: you killed Lordaeron by creating Icecrown... it was scoffed at by moderators, yet here we are a couple of years later and a mere player knew better what would happen than the professionals who run this server.
    Get off your high horse. We didn't kill anything. Players simply prefer to play in higher rates in Icecrown than in Lordaeron. If anything kills Lordaeron it's players not liking it enough - and with the population peaking at over 4000 players calling it "dead" is just entitlement. The notion that we should keep from releasing something players want for the sake of keeping another thing they don't like as much "alive" is of a ridiculous level of selfishness.

5. You merged 2 realms, it became the biggest...
    thus that became the most appealing.
    Before that people flocked to Lordaeron despite the 1x rate, simply because it was the biggest realm.
    Going from 12k pop. to 4k.. and still dropping, is not killing it? It's killing it slowly.

I don't begrudge you your income, hell.. I even donated myself after having played a while, because I wanted to contribute. Not get items for myself, me contributing cause I played so much here was the actual motivation.

Most people go for the largest pop and you folks took that away from Lordaeron.. even if players prefer higher rate, they prefer higher pop more.
    Have you even seen the chat? People actually complain about this.. server dead. Perhaps check it out sometimes, because you people and your little closed circle are the ones on high horses when you should be with both feet on the ground to be able to assess the state of a realm... peaking at 4k. This realm lost two thirds of it's population, are you even grasping the severity of such a population decrease?

6. People went to Lordaeron because it had the newest core and had absurd amounts of fixes over the other Wrath servers. As soon as that core was implemented on higher rates, people moved there. Delude yourself into thinking it's just "more people" as much as you like, but fact is, and has been proven time and again, that the amount of people attracted to x1 rates is small, much smaller than the ones wanting high rates. All that held a big population in Lordaeron for a while was the higher quality of the core and the much smaller amount of bugs, and that only lasted as long as Lordaeron had that exclusivity.

You are the one not grasping that most people simply don't like to play in the model you do.

7. I actually wasn't aware of this core argument. .. which will help prove my next point. What makes you think most players playing here, are aware of such technicalities? Only the die-hard WoW enthusiasts would be following such progress. Definitely think you're mistaken on this part.. people find Warmane and check the populations... the only thing they might choose over a larger pop is an expansion they favor more. That's how I did it...I chose WotLK, my fave expansion and then Lordaeron, the highest populated realm for my fave expansion. I recall pausing for a bit when I saw it was 1x rate, but I pressed on, the population was just too appealing.

Are you perhaps saying the implementation of the superior core on other realms occured simultaneously with the 2 realms merging into Icecrown? Even so, you underestimate the attraction (or aversion) a realm's population can have on a player.

If crossfaction BG's aren't good (cuz it was mentioned theyre unbalanced on icecrown), then at least the arena's would be. Many Lordaeron players would rather play against donated teams than against the current top ranking teams. .. and even then, it's not like Icecrown is filled with donators exclusively. 3's and 5's on LORD are nearly non-existant... a lot of players are walking around with relentless shoulders, unless they're warriors who take those 2 ICC pieces for the set bonus., cause they can't get the WF shoulders. During non-peak hours we all sit near the alliance camp in Wintergrasp, fishing... with barely any alliance there. This obviously can't be fixed by cross-realm, but illustrates the current state of the realm well imo.

Man let's not argue about this, I'm not pulling arguments out of my hat for the sake of winning a discussion, even though I like winning them, but not at any cost.... I'd rather see something happen, some change for the better.. and I know it's possible... you guys just need to be willing, and I think the first step is recognizing that this is an actual issue, instead of trivializing the matter. With all respect dude, but you guys just have to acknowledge this.

8. I actually wasn't aware of this core argument. .. which will help prove my next point. What makes you think most players playing here, are aware of such technicalities?
    Maybe the facts that it was widely advertised and mentioned, and that it was the main reason Lordaeron attracted so many players despite being x1 and having all its restrictions and so on. I don't know where you were at the time, but it was no secret by any stretch of the word and everyone seemed to know about it, the Forums were filled with comments about the higher quality, about the things that used to be broken that were now fixed, with people making lists of everything that was now working and players from the old core complaining they wanted those fixes too. We still get people who want the x1 experience and who go to Lordaeron, but they have always been in the minority. Lordaeron only had high numbers until high rates got those fixes as well, then it started going down and down.

Man let's not argue about this, I'm not pulling arguments out of my hat for the sake of winning a discussion, even though I like winning them, but not at any cost.... I'd rather see something happen, some change for the better.. and I know it's possible... you guys just need to be willing, and I think the first step is recognizing that this is an actual issue, instead of trivializing the matter. With all respect dude, but you guys just have to acknowledge this.
    That's not for me to decide. The only reason I commented here was your claim that we "killed" Lordaeron, when what gave its population a big hit was just the fact players prefer higher rates. Personally, all I see is a server with a stable population of around 4500 players at peak time. That's a quite well populated server for private servers' standards, even more so for a x1 rates one. There being few Hordes doing PvP is a player issue in my eyes, not something that can be "fixed," and even then Edifice is working on cross-server Battlegrounds as far as I'm aware.

9. the only reason ppl played lordaeron isnt because of some new core lol, its cuz you advertised it as a hardcore pve server which is why alot of people played on it because everything is so easy, but you even managed to ruin that due to warmane not listening to the playerbase who were able to actually clear the content you released on lordaeron, which in the end disbanded 10+ "hardcore" raiding guilds on the server

10. the only reason ppl played lordaeron isnt because of some new core lol, its cuz you advertised it as a hardcore pve server which is why alot of people played on it because everything is so easy, but you even managed to ruin that due to warmane not listening to the playerbase who were able to actually clear the content you released on lordaeron, which in the end disbanded 10+ "hardcore" raiding guilds on the server
    Whatever you want to believe.
    I should have "fantasies for why Lordaeron "died"" added to the Forum Drinking Game.

11. Whatever you want to believe.
    I should have "fantasies for why Lordaeron "died"" added to the Forum Drinking Game.
    heavily advertised.. well. how many players played in total on warmane, back then I mean. is 15K's cutting it short? 18? I'm not sure. Now I am sure some of the info has spread around by, as they say, word of mouth between players, but surely you'll not tell me that around that period, 18k people were on these forums reading your advertisements??? I never keep track of those things. I dont do most events. I just log in and play, sometimes I check the forums. That's it.. I think I'm even more involved on these forums than the vast, vaaaast majority of your playerbase. If you have access to statistics how many people log in and check your threads with the news and updates, and then lets even give it week, how many people log in to forums to check the news you just posted, and they have a week to view it.... by all means, cause I'm curious. I can't imagine it reaching anything near half the playerbase. I'm sure you got lots of comments and lists and whatnot, but be realistic, to what number did all that amount to you approximately? in the 100's? ok. 1000's? I just can't imagine. People don't wanna be on forums mostly, they just wanna play. Most of your forummembers mostly come online on the forum if there's something wrong with the server. Anyway.. BG's are trash.... truly, horrible. People complaining in bg's about it. Alliance kinda also queueing geared all the time, guess they like it the way it is, which is sad also, but hey, people are feeble like that. What this actually means is that cross-realm BG's wouldn't be that bad either, how much worse could it get for the Horde? It can only go up. I dare you to play Horde dude, actively in bg's, get geared. You need to feel that ****, and then come talk with me how you "now" understand and how f***** awesome it is that people like I still continue on and work miracles against this overpowered alliance. Playing alliance is ez mode, come on lordaeron's Horde. See if you can handle it, cause many can't. And that goes for the entire staff... come check out your product and tell me you're satisfied with the state of affairs. That is, unless you're against the Horde, cuz you have those kinda ppl too.

12. heavily advertised.. well. how many players played in total on warmane, back then I mean. is 15K's cutting it short? 18? I'm not sure. Now I am sure some of the info has spread around by, as they say, word of mouth between players, but surely you'll not tell me that around that period, 18k people were on these forums reading your advertisements??? I never keep track of those things. I dont do most events. I just log in and play, sometimes I check the forums. That's it.. I think I'm even more involved on these forums than the vast, vaaaast majority of your playerbase. If you have access to statistics how many people log in and check your threads with the news and updates, and then lets even give it week, how many people log in to forums to check the news you just posted, and they have a week to view it.... by all means, cause I'm curious. I can't imagine it reaching anything near half the playerbase. I'm sure you got lots of comments and lists and whatnot, but be realistic, to what number did all that amount to you approximately? in the 100's? ok. 1000's? I just can't imagine. People don't wanna be on forums mostly, they just wanna play. Most of your forummembers mostly come online on the forum if there's something wrong with the server.
    In the world where I live, people have mouths to speak and fingers to type. They also aren't forbidden by law from discussing our servers unless it's in our Forums. We aren't in ranking sites, yet our Burning Crusade server would cap at 16000 players (after filling up at each cap before that as we kept working to raise it). News spread. Novelty concept, I know.

13. We need asmongold of lordaeron to say gamers rise up!

14. Hey!

Are you EU or US player?? Cause if you EU player I smell a load of bull****. I have been doing RBGs on my 2 main charcters for past few months daily. Over 30k honorable kills in RBGs. And I have this to say:

During EU day time RBGs tend to be somewhat even or one sided = either Horde decimates Alliance for a few runs then Alliance decimates Horde few runs and then again Horde Alliance and so on ...

During EU day time RBGs are often close battles and if they are is epic battle usually and you get 6k-8k+ Honor / 1 RBGs. Especially for Eye of the Storm.

After midnight EU time RBGs are ****ING dominated by Horde. No chance to win as Alliance. EU after midnight Alliance PvP players are total morons and Horde PvPers after EU midnight time just rek Alliance over & over. haven't played many of those BGs - since I don't PvP much after Midnigh - but from those couple dozens BGs I played after EU midnight time - cause I was missing daily / wanted to test new equip - I lost 80-90%.

TL;DR - Summary:

Daily EU hours - Even RBGs. Sometimes Horde gets a win streak. Sometimes Alliance.
    Evening EU hours after Midnight - Horde ****ign reks every BG + Wintergrasp!!! Alliance PvP playing after EU midnight are hopeless ******s

Morning EU hours - can't tell haven't seen any RBGs in morning.

Server too much ALIVE for monring RBGs :P ;) ...

15. Its and enjoyable experience rn ,had quite a few fun rbgs today , noticed more and more horde playas are quein rbgs ,just have to wait a mont or 2 to get geared for pvp,look forward to it

12 Last