1. Is a Shaman worth it for PvE? [WotLK]

I'm playing on ice crown, and I rarely see shamans. Most of the shamans I do see are resto spec, and it Is pretty rare to see an ele sham, and incredibly rare to see an enh shaman.

I was thinking about making a shaman, and wanted to play enh, but everything I've seen says that you will just be replaced by a frost dk because they offer the same buffs and more dps.

So this leads me to the question :
    Is enhancement worth playing in endgame pve? Does their dps compare to other classes / do they have any use in a 10man, etc?

Also, same question for elemental? I asked someone in game today and they told me ele is bugged and does horrible dps endgame.

2. So this leads me to the question :
    Is enhancement worth playing in endgame pve? Does their dps compare to other classes / do they have any use in a 10man, etc?
    They can be played even in 25 mans w/o a *huge* dps loss compared to bringing a competent fdk (most simply aren't) since they provide a good amount of extra strength and agility. But it's a lot more useful in 10 mans as it provides a plethora of buffs and allows for extra flexibility. You're incredibly unlikely to top encoutners with any geared and competent warrior/mage/dk/hunter/rogue in a raid though.

Also, same question for elemental? I asked someone in game today and they told me ele is bugged and does horrible dps endgame.
    Out of the actually viable specs for PvE (viable as in not complete trash) it's probably the worst spec by a good margin. It could occasionally see some play in 10 mans for the large amount of buffs but in 25 mans it's a complete waste of a raid spot.

3. Enha is kinda fun if you ask me.
    You are a huge buff to the raid (horn of winer, icy talons, trueshot aura, minor spellpower buff), semi healer with both good raid and single target heal spells.
    The main problem is that on this server:
    Gear Score and Recount > everything else that actualy matters.
    If you ask me Enha has potential.
    Is it worth it here? Proly not.
    But if you work hard and smart, and donate some, you can make it work.

As for Ele shaman, you are a 5% haste totem with Hero. Not worth if u ask me.

4. As for Ele shaman, you are a 5% haste totem with Hero. Not worth if u ask me.
    And the crit? (which doesn't stack with boomie) :< And the totem of wrath? (which doesn't stack with demo SP buff) :<
    Tbh I find elemental rather fun, but definitely didn't see many topping the recounts, with decent players of other classes around. I just love to see the HUGE Lava Burst get launched at the target :>
    I think in social guilds, where you do mostly 10 man runs, elemental can be a fun and worthy pick. Not in end content farming guilds tho.

5. Theoretically Enh brings the most buffs to a raid.
    The issue is that two very common specs, MM hunter and Fdk, replace his buffs and they are part of pretty much every raid.

To be the first choice in a raid a Enh would need to out dps a Fdk since thats his replicant.

6. They all give you decent answers, but in my case what I think is that you play something else 1st and get in guild which would also take you in raids with shaman on any dps spec. Becouse for me would be that easy in my guild where they take me on any class / spec I want to play at that moment.