1. The transfer to Alliance for free should mitigate the issue a bit. We will discuss it internally and we'll see about implementing it.

2. for my horde chars who need 20 bg marks of a certain variety to get an item, I would much rather have a fast 1v10 yielding 1 mark instead of waiting 30+ mins in que only to get depressed and quit. think about it. maybe allow horde to que 3 while alliance only 2. or something like that... its a serious problem imo if youre horde.
    perfect example of what i was talking about in my last post
    mostly non pvpers gray/green geared people qin into bgs for a fast loss or free win and slowing down the q's for people that really do pvp/play. i lost count how many times i zoned into a bg and right from the start seen people like you saying just let ally win fast mark in a fast loss is better then a slow win.... even when horde has a small pm of say 2 or 3 they have to beat ally and carry players like you at the same time who dont want to play. i get trolled non stop by my own team because i call you guys out for afking and the sad thing is there is more afkers freeloaders on horde then actually players.

3. The transfer to Alliance for free should mitigate the issue a bit. We will discuss it internally and we'll see about implementing it.
    if you guys would enforce server rules about afking/boting in bgs that would do wonders for horde bg q times. like i said more then once in this thread horde pvper's are not the issue its the massive amounts of boting/afking gray/green geared non pvping people qin into bgs for a fast loss or free win that slow down the q's for the rest.

its one thing to be low/bad geared and its another to have bad gear and just sit around afking, even a bad geared skilled pvper can be useful blind or sapping someone does not rely on gear score. it blows my mind so many horde players sit in bgs and do no damage no healing no caps no cc nothing yet say "hey im not afk" if they do get marked afk then get into combat then go back afking. if you devs would really slap 24 hours bans on these people or jump in game and give them warnings alot of it would stop, becasue they just lol atm at getting reported knowing nothing with happen to them.

figure out a way to get some of the green geared afking players to go ally becasue horde has 1000's of them and that would solve the population/ qing problems. maybe offer them a discount on some s2 gear or some extra honor for s2 gear only if they want better gear make them earn it. they are really whats causing the issues in bgs/ q times and i even seen a full horde pm made to afk in ab...
    Edited: October 26, 2018

4. That's exactly the mentality that causes the issue in the first place, people wanting quick and easy marks, not really to participate and compete in Battlegrounds. Your post serves as an example of why setting it back to 3 queues would just make things worse overall for people wanting to play the game, just so people who think like you could get low-effort marks.
    Making it 2 queues didn't alleviate that at all though
    it happens on alliance too but we gear up way faster with instant queues

"Your report FAILED and it will fail again and again" - exact quote of an ally druid I played with other day, who is over 3k gs and still afking just to get gear. it's not a horde-only issue

it's tbc, pvp rewards welfare epics regardless of contribution, and people will use pvp to gear up alts etc. No way around it

The 2-queue thing only really hit off-peak hours horde players, and it hit them bad
    Edited: October 26, 2018

5. if you guys would enforce server rules about afking/boting in bgs that would do wonders for horde bg q times. like i said more then once in this thread horde pvper's are not the issue its the massive amounts of boting/afking gray/green geared non pvping people qin into bgs for a fast loss or free win that slow down the q's for the rest.

its one thing to be low/bad geared and its another to have bad gear and just sit around afking, even a bad geared skilled pvper can be useful blind or sapping someone does not rely on gear score. it blows my mind so many horde players sit in bgs and do no damage no healing no caps no cc nothing yet say "hey im not afk" if they do get marked afk then get into combat then go back afking. if you devs would really slap 24 hours bans on these people or jump in game and give them warnings alot of it would stop, becasue they just lol atm at getting reported knowing nothing with happen to them.

figure out a way to get some of the green geared afking players to go ally becasue horde has 1000's of them and that would solve the population/ qing problems. maybe offer them a discount on some s2 gear or some extra honor for s2 gear only if they want better gear make them earn it. they are really whats causing the issues in bgs/ q times and i even seen a full horde pm made to afk in ab...

PLZ explain how afk / botting in bg's has anything to do with que times... the problem is you cannot even get into a bg because no one is in que - if anything AFK ppl / bots would HELP....

also in regards to other comment, just because I would rather have a 3v10 than NO BG does not mean I wont try.... I certainly wont expect to win but come on...

6. PLZ explain how afk / botting in bg's has anything to do with que times... the problem is you cannot even get into a bg because no one is in que - if anything AFK ppl / bots would HELP....
    You're mistaken. The problem isn't that no one is in queue, but that too many Hordes are in comparison to Alliances. If no one was queuing, Alliance wouldn't have pretty much instant matches. When you have too many people queuing, creating a demand higher than the supply of Alliance opponents, and then many in the Horde side don't even play and just stay behind doing nothing (I don't see what would be the benefit of the claimed bots in there, so I'm just assuming it's all people being lazy for minimum marks), you have exactly what he's talking about.

7. Faction change is now available on Outland from Horde to Alliance for free.

8. You're mistaken. The problem isn't that no one is in queue, but that too many Hordes are in comparison to Alliances. If no one was queuing, Alliance wouldn't have pretty much instant matches. When you have too many people queuing, creating a demand higher than the supply of Alliance opponents, and then many in the Horde side don't even play and just stay behind doing nothing (I don't see what would be the benefit of the claimed bots in there, so I'm just assuming it's all people being lazy for minimum marks), you have exactly what he's talking about.
    this 100% and yes i lump afkers/bots together but to be honest its probably 99% afking lazy asses and 1% bots that ruin horde pvp.

PLZ explain how afk / botting in bg's has anything to do with que times... the problem is you cannot even get into a bg because no one is in que - if anything AFK ppl / bots would HELP....

also in regards to other comment, just because I would rather have a 3v10 than NO BG does not mean I wont try.... I certainly wont expect to win but come on...
    "Faction change is now available on Outland from Horde to Alliance for free"
    nows your chance jump to ally for free and take as many friends as you can

Faction change is now available on Outland from Horde to Alliance for free.
    i hope you guys talked or are talking about a way to get some of the green players over to ally because i really do think thats the issue,just way to many sitting around horde side trolling and afking in bgs.

9. appreciate the change and i think it will help

10. You're mistaken. The problem isn't that no one is in queue, but that too many Hordes are in comparison to Alliances. If no one was queuing, Alliance wouldn't have pretty much instant matches. When you have too many people queuing, creating a demand higher than the supply of Alliance opponents, and then many in the Horde side don't even play and just stay behind doing nothing (I don't see what would be the benefit of the claimed bots in there, so I'm just assuming it's all people being lazy for minimum marks), you have exactly what he's talking about.
    again, What people inside the BG do has nothing to do with how long the que takes to pop.... (which is what this thread is about)
    also that point is mute, as people can bot on both sides (providing more # in que to meet the minimum que amount to provide that QUE POP*yay*)

I'm impressed by the quick action here thanks GM's.... it should help *some* However I created a horde alt to play with my horde friends, transferring it to ally defeats the purpose(I already have ally chars) How about letting people que 3 bg at a time, but remove 1 que once 1 pops, or something like that...

11. "Faction change is now available on Outland from Horde to Alliance for free"
    nows your chance jump to ally for free and take as many friends as you can
    Somehow that sounds like u expect others to switch to alliance while u stay on horde side.
    If every horde player has this mindset then nothing will change...
    i hope you guys talked or are talking about a way to get some of the green players over to ally because i really do think thats the issue,just way to many sitting around horde side trolling and afking in bgs.
    That sounds like u want to create a environment in which the horde has short queue times, the better geared players and still stronger racials than the alliance side.

12. jumped to alliance yday...i cant describe how ****ing hapy i am now...tnxh alot, youve should open transfer months ago. had 3 hours nonstop bg session with friends, no sitting in que, norunning circles in shattrath, no headbanging the wall aor alttabbing and missing the que. JUST PLAYED THE GAME AND HAD FUN...for first time i since i joined this server.

Once more, thanks alot!!!

13. again, What people inside the BG do has nothing to do with how long the que takes to pop.... (which is what this thread is about)
    I'm not sure if you're really missing the point repeatedly or just trolling...

Let's say there are 150 Alliances queuing and 1500 Hordes. Ideally you would have 150 vs 150 spread among different battlegrounds, covering all the Alliances while leaving 1350 Hordes waiting in queue until some of those Alliances are done or new ones queue. Unless there are less Hordes queuing or more Alliance doing it, the wait times will remain long on Horde.

Now, consider that out of those 150 Hordes that managed to get into a Battleground, half or even two-thirds of them don't care about the match, they just want an easy mark like you, and instead of going PvP just AFK or lazy it out, only doing anything to avoid being auto-kicked. While you can say what they do in a Battleground doesn't affects the queue time directly, it most certainly does if you add in the fact those are taking the spot of people who do want to go fight and not just get lazy marks. If those who just go in to AFK and get easy marks weren't in queue, only people meaning to play Battlegrounds, the wait time would be reduced by a fair amount.

14. Somehow that sounds like u expect others to switch to alliance while u stay on horde side.
    If every horde player has this mindset then nothing will change...

That sounds like u want to create a environment in which the horde has short queue times, the better geared players and still stronger racials than the alliance side.
    yes i expect others to switch ally and why? because many complain about the long bg q's... i dont complain about the q's i just explain the problem = green/gray geared afkers and im 100% correct.

"sounds like u want to create a environment in which the horde has short queue times"
    yeah that be cool but i dont raid so i got tiem to sit in q if need be

"better geared players"
    i cant control other peoples gear but in a way we do the people who play the right way in bgs do gear the afkers. but again horde has more then our fair share of under geared toons in bgs ally not horde needs people period.

"stronger racials than the alliance side"
    racials are situational correct? and it depends on your toon and comp really even more so melee vs caster dps vs heals so drop smart guy talk. matter of fact i thought for some reason you wanted to block me on the forums and i even told you how it might work,yet here you are. really if racials are that big of an issue for you you can always play wrath, tthe x pac you defend so much telling me its so balanced and all and we all know racials in wrath were 100% balanced "human racial what what" just like wraths pvp....

i find these forums to be like in game more trolls then players... kind of like the guy whispering and trolling me in game last night telling me he was a gladiator on live in seasons 1-8 so he knows how the game works he knows pvp/bgs. so i asked if your an 8 time glad player why are you stuck in the 1400's atm in arena... his excuse was hes ONLY in s2 gear....

15. I'm not sure if you're really missing the point repeatedly or just trolling...

Let's say there are 150 Alliances queuing and 1500 Hordes. Ideally you would have 150 vs 150 spread among different battlegrounds, covering all the Alliances while leaving 1350 Hordes waiting in queue until some of those Alliances are done or new ones queue. Unless there are less Hordes queuing or more Alliance doing it, the wait times will remain long on Horde.

Now, consider that out of those 150 Hordes that managed to get into a Battleground, half or even two-thirds of them don't care about the match, they just want an easy mark like you, and instead of going PvP just AFK or lazy it out, only doing anything to avoid being auto-kicked. While you can say what they do in a Battleground doesn't affects the queue time directly, it most certainly does if you add in the fact those are taking the spot of people who do want to go fight and not just get lazy marks. If those who just go in to AFK and get easy marks weren't in queue, only people meaning to play Battlegrounds, the wait time would be reduced by a fair amount.
    except there is only 1 WSG/AB/EOTS/ETC at a time (during NA hours) ....
    and 1/2 or 2/3 is an extreme exaggeration, I think what you are finding is people with bad gear and or not good at pvp... if they have bad gear the only way to get pvp gear is to pvp (or buy items on store rip >_> ) and so that brings us all the way back around to sitting in que's forever....

accusing me of wanting easy marks is not very mature/moderator- like... I was just saying I would rather have 1 uneven match than no match at all. beats bashing head against wall in shatt.

First 123 Last