1. BiS Ret Pala Spell Power PvP

I’ve never played WotLK where almost everyone’s got HC offparts/SM/HC Trinkets before. (I’m fine with that, it’s not my topic). I have never experienced this in PvP before. Therefore, i created this topic to ask my question.

I recently started on Icecrown as “Hpala” (3-4 months). And mainly focus on PvP.

Now that I have observed from Arena, BG, WPvP , BiS ret pala can heal and survive like a healer.

With sacred shield +100% talent, 30% atk pwr to spell pwr talent, and Art of War talent (and Ret Pala has a lot higher crit chance with Judgement than Hpala with Holy Shock), And I did some calculation based on my “GUESS” : BiS ret should have around 8000 atk power = 2400 spell pwr, meanwhile BiS hpala should have around 3400 spell pwr not counting HC trinket proc/weapon switch.

SO, my question is: Those “BiS” ret pala, how much spell power you have there?

Hope my GUESS is NOT right, because I will feel I will lose my confidence and significance of being a healer :( . The only difference being mana, but BiS ret pala can burst someone down within seconds while healers can’t
    Edited: October 25, 2018

2. I will answer you from other perspective, and that is, I never saw BIS ret pala that heals me like one holy pala.

3. There is a reason why Holy Paladin and Arms Warrior top 2v2 ladder.
    No need to lose hope, just improve.

P.S. Yes, Ret paladin heals can be anoying in arena, but its not duo to spell power increase alone, Weapon Swap, its duo to FoL Libram being OP.

4. Since no one's actually answering your question. Between 1800 and 2700, depending on what weapons / whatnot you're using.

My paladin at 1025/1180 resil.

5. Thanks for answering my question! so it's around 1800 without weapon switch.

I assume that those two are nm and hc Death's Verdicts, right? Meaning that your atk power is higher than those with Jar/Scale.

I still feel a bit off, you know, because I started doing arena on this server since my spell power was like 2.5k (compare that to 1800 >.<). And I've been playing WoW since Naxx, quited before RS became live, just CAME BACK. So I've never experienced something like this, a BiS ret pala with a spell power very close to Hpala, my mind was blown, I was like "Why am I playing a healer for?".

6. That's normal and hc DV ye.

Bis hpal is gonna have closer to 3.5k spell power though.

7. But still heals cant be compared if you ask me, bcs of talents ofc.

8. Hpalas aren't meant to be great healers overall. They're great at keeping a small group of people alive. In particular they can heal 2 front liners a bunch at the same time while giving hand of freedom to one and dispelling the other. Which means they're pretty OP in arena particular because they can cover both players constantly.
    Edited: October 26, 2018

9. OP Hpally

Hpalas aren't meant to be great healers overall. They're great at keeping a small group of people alive. In particular they can heal 2 front liners a bunch at the same time while giving hand of freedom to one and dispelling the other. Which means they're pretty OP in arena particular because they can cover both players constantly.
    Ok so i understand what youre saying but come take my holy paladin wich is a 5.8 amd a crappy ICC 25 with bad gealers and well see if Hpally is not op. I've had to heal 4 marks and 2 tanks on DBS cause the healers were useless in the run. Worst part is a healer was one of the marks i had to heal. So yes Hpally isn't meant to be OP but if you can play paladin then both Ret and Holy are OP just know how to attack or heal

10. I will answer you from other perspective, and that is, I never saw BIS ret pala that heals me like one holy pala.
    Depends of the comp.When i play ret/hunter for example my hunter can kite and avoid constant pressure + we have way too many def cds ( x2 deters,hop,sac,DS, i can remove stuns on him, he can disarm and root) so i can keep him alive as ret very easy.I have done 100k+ heal done as ret/hunter and outheal enemy healer many times. But if you are a warrior for example where you are in the face of the enemy all the time, there is no way for ret to keep you alive as well as holy will.
    Edited: November 11, 2018

11. sometimes i outheal healers in bgs cause i will find a nice geared hunter and stick to him like glue keeping sacred and instant flash of light spammed on him between hands and cleanse. It's really symbiosis because I need their heal reduction to guarantee that I can burst down a priority target. I don't like to do this with warriors as much because I feel they are "higher maintenance", have a harder time switching targets and tend to tunnel vision more (lower brain on average compared to hunter). Also, warriors are more self sufficient and tough between enraged regen, second wind, shield wall, reflect, etc. meanwhile hunters are paper and even just sacred shield is huge QoL for a class that can die to a few random instant cast dots thrown in their direction. A hunter who knows he has support has healthier blood pressure and will live at least several years longer irl. That's just my experience playing the class, though.

Another time i sometimes outheal healer is when we don't have a healer at all and vs horde team who has one, I have to work overtime to win that.

12. warrior[..]lower brain on average compared to hunter
    he says as a ret main

13. he says as a ret main
    Well as both hunter or ret you have to do way more then what you have to do as warrior, so he have a point.

14. oh yeah and im sitting on 1800 sp flat with only kings. Bis which means some agi gear too. 2590 with wrathful 1h/shield.. both these numbers are obviously much higher with full buffs or with procs.
    Edited: November 13, 2018